Follow

Dark X-Men

Team » Dark X-Men appears in 101 issues.

Norman Osborn's own personal team of X-Men assembled during his dark reign.

Ongoing or limited series?

thehood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By thehood

I was just wondering, I know Dark X-Men the Begining is a limited series, but is there going to be an ongoing Dark X-Men series?

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By CellphoneGirl

I doubt it, Emma can't wear black for too long....

But it's up to the writers...

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Korg

It's just the limited series. There are also two one-shots that have yet to come out.

thehood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By thehood

Ok, cool. Thanks!

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#5  Edited By sora_thekey

It would be better if it were an ongoing series.. just like Dark Avengers!

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By danhimself
    @sora_thekey said:
    "It would be better if it were an ongoing series.. just like Dark Avengers! "

that would be cool and all but I don't see how even Dark Avengers is going to last

Dark Reign is only a year long event and the third quarter of it is coming up soon with the Iron Patriot Acts coming up

What's going to happen to the "Dark" books after the Marvel Universe returns to it's normal state after Dark Reign ends
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sora_thekey
    @danhimself said:
    "@sora_thekey said:
    "It would be better if it were an ongoing series.. just like Dark Avengers! "
    that would be cool and all but I don't see how even Dark Avengers is going to lastDark Reign is only a year long event and the third quarter of it is coming up soon with the Iron Patriot Acts coming upWhat's going to happen to the "Dark" books after the Marvel Universe returns to it's normal state after Dark Reign ends "

Who says the "Dark" has to end.... I mean sure Dark Reign has to ensd someday but that dosen't mean Dark Avengers has to...
    The status Quo changes all the time it could change to between them
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By danhimself

I don't know how it would continue...I guess we'll have to see how Dark Reign ends at the end of the year

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sora_thekey
    @danhimself said:
    "I don't know how it would continue...I guess we'll have to see how Dark Reign ends at the end of the year "

The roles could be changed... I mean Mighty and New Avengers are fugitives from the law.....
    Dark Avengers in the future could be too...
    Same as for Dark X-men
    thehood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By thehood

I hope it would continue in some form. But who knows, we'll see what happen.

thehood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By thehood

The main reason I wanted to know was because I'm trying to keep my comics organized in a file cabinet. To make things easier, I have a folder that's for Dark Reign one-shots and limited series, rather than a million folders to hold four issues each. So I was trying to see if I should make a Dark X-Men folder, or throw them in the one-shots/limited series folder. But then again, Dark X-Men is technically a Utopia tie-in. Should I have a seperate Utopia folder? But Utopia's really just an even within Dark Reign, so it shouldn't really matter... This is what I get for being organized.  I should just go back to being a slob, lol.

girth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By girth

I think even after Dark Reign ends they could still continue the dark books. They could still write the stories from the villains perspective.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#13  Edited By xerox_kitty

It seems the second Dark X-Men series is also going to be a mini.  I'm not sure what the point is in all these mini series is... they have the same name and there's only a small gap of a month or two between them.  Why not just make it a maxi series that had back-up solo stories in the back?? :p 

DARK X-MEN #1 (of 5)
    Written by PAUL CORNELL
    Penciled by LEONARD KIRK
    Cover by SIMONE BIANCHI
    From the dust of UTOPIA comes DARK X-MEN! Never one to say “die”, Norman Osborn is keeping what’s left of HIS X-Men alive. MYSTIQUE! DARK BEAST! WEAPON OMEGA! MIMIC! They are the public face of mutants in an Osborn world.  And what a face they are!  But what does Nate Grey, A.K.A. X-MAN, have to do with it?  The critically acclaimed team of PAUL CORNELL (BLACK WIDOW, TV’s Dr. Who) and Leonard Kirk (CAPTAIN BRITAIN AND MI13) take on the world of X!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99  

Dark X-Men #1
    Dark X-Men #1
    Lifeguard85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lifeguard85

I hope Mystique is written well again, I find it hard to believe that she is willingly working for Norman (even with her nano-machines inside her). I still think it would have made more sense to use Miss Sinister, but hopefully this is good. I suspect it will at least be more interesting than the current Dark X-Men we have.

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By CellphoneGirl

isn;t Xman going to appear in this.... or something like that?

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By xerox_kitty

Have they actually used Miss Sinister to do... anything??   Dark X-Men does seem a wasted opportunity for her character. 

Personally, I'm not sure why Marvel have hyped this title up last week with Mystique & Omega blanked out of the cover... especially since they've released the full cover just a few days later :p

Lifeguard85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lifeguard85
    @xerox-kitty: Except to flirt with and then get stabbed by Daken, she hasnt done a darn thing...but she cant be dead, she has Mr. Sinisters powers and he never died. If she is dead it would be a waste and she is exceptionally powerful. I cant believe they have wasted the opprotunity to use her.

also I agree on the hype, especially when they revealed Nate was coming back, I thought he would be on the cover lol. Mystique being on the cover just makes me nervous because I hope she is written well.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By xerox_kitty

(I'm still convinced she's really Sinister ;) 

True.  Mystique has been messed around so much, sometimes I think I'd rather they kill her off than F her up even more :(

Lifeguard85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Lifeguard85
    @xerox-kitty: interesting on Mr. Sinister. I could see that, although I honestly hope it isnt, but it could always happen in the future lol.

Agree on Mystique, though I'd rather they just retire her, so that she can be a cranky old grandma for when Rogue has kids lol

They could at least resurrect Copycat if they really want a shape shifter
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By xerox_kitty

LOL!  it's a secret scheme to get the next generation of Wolverine's DNA ;) Maybe s/he'll turn up to collect Nate Grey's DNA again? ;)

Rogue as a mama... Mystique as a Granma!!  Now that's funny!!  She'd probably try to kidnap the kids or something equally ridiculous. 

Awwww, don't.  I'll only go all misty-eyed :)  I want her to be in the Deadpool movie, but they'll probably just recton her into Mystique.  Or write her out of it completely.

Lifeguard85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Lifeguard85
    @xerox-kitty: lol thats exactly what I see happening to Copycat if they put her in the movie, just because people who dont read comics will be confused lol.

I like Mystique as a grandma in X-Men the end, but if it happened soon, she probably would try to kidnap them! LOL

Hmm...I hope more little wolverines dont start running around, we already have two extra, although I like them lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.