Follow

Dark X-Men

Team » Dark X-Men appears in 101 issues.

Norman Osborn's own personal team of X-Men assembled during his dark reign.

Am I the only one who thinks this idea sucks?

• 78 results
    Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By Power NeXus
    pixelized said:
    "where is dark beast?"

Last time I saw him, he was working with Hank McCoy trying to find a way to reverse the effects of M-Day. Not sure what happened to him after that.
    zweener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By zweener

straight from marvel.com i couldnt find a pic with him in it but this pretty much seals the deal

DARK X-MEN: THE BEGINNING # 1
    60S DECADE VARIANT
    The Story: UTOPIA TIE-IN Who are the Dark X-Men and how did they come to be? FIND OUT HERE! Each issue has 3 11-page stories, each dedicated to one of the Dark X-Men and how they came to be part of the team. This first two issues focus on Emma Frost, Mimic, Cloak & Dagger, Daken, Weapon X and Dark Beast! Rated A …$3.99

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By pixelized

oh, he is mentioned.

I wonder who is doing the interior art.. silvestri?

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By John Valentine
    @pixelized said:
    "oh, he is mentioned. I wonder who is doing the interior art.. silvestri?"
    Ramos.
    KnightKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By KnightKat

Wow, so Daken really must be Wolverines son (aside from the obvious physical traits) he's got to jump on both Dark titles, Avengers and X-Men, just like his old man, huh?

I'll pick this one up to give it a shot, whats the worst that can happen?  If it sucks, I stop picking it up, lol.  Hopefully the title wont have too much bearing on the main X titles.  Uncanny has way too much going right now and doesnt need another distraction!

Illuminarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Illuminarch
    KnightKat said:
    Wow, so Daken really must be Wolverines son (aside from the obvious physical traits) he's got to jump on both ... [more]

Isn't it awesome how Wolverine has the time to run with the X-Men, with X-Force, and with the (hunted) Secret Avengers, and never get caught?
    "Hey Barton, sorry, I can't help you out today. I got a mission with the X-Men. No, it's a secret."
    "Yeah, Slim? About that assassination mission. I got a thing with the Avengers. No, the other ones. No, the NEW Avengers. Yeah, anyway I'm sure X-23 can handle it."

And then he goes off to Tijuana for the weekend.

iLLituracy said:
    Alexander Anderson said: "Gambler said: Cloak and Dagger on an X-Men team? Dude I've been waiting years for something like ... [more]

Yes, it absolutely is a mess. It was fine when Bendis and Millar and the rest of the 'brain trust' were running the Ultimates, because it was their universe. Quesada just didn't get that you can't just port them over into 616 and let them have their way without making a mockery of the setting and characters. 

Civil War was NOT a bad idea. Dark Reign is NOT a bad idea. Secret Invasion...well, that was, but for different reasons than usual. It's that the execution was piss poor and carried out in bad faith. It stinks of one big giant retcon of characters, personalities, and the setting itself just to shake things up (and the idea that change for the sake of change is good is for children with no attention spans), only to come into another slapdash, hamfisted Mega Event to set things back the way they were because even the editorial office understands that something is wrong.

Just because DC does worse doesn't mean Marvel should get a pass. 
    deathswitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By deathswitch

they wont even be called the dark x-men.

thats just a title for us, like the dark avengers
    to the marvel U. they are just the avengers, same concept applies here
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

They are already darkening the other teams..why is everyone acting like this a separate idea? It's no different than what they did to the Avengers and Young Avengers.It's also only for this arc.After Dark Reign they won't exist.

Avatar image for the_devil_tiger
    The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59  Edited By The Devil Tiger

What's next ? Dark Greats Lakes ? aw c'mon !
    It's true that we have yet to see what's all about, but let's just say that I'm far from enthousiastiic.... 

Avatar image for marshall_madness
    Marshall Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Marshall Madness

I know Namor is technically a mutant, but I thought Cloak and Dagger got their powers from experimental drugs. 

zweener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By zweener
    The Devil Tiger said:
    What's next ? Dark Greats Lakes ? aw c'mon !It's true that we have yet to see what's all about, ... [more]
    visions of an evil squirrel girls are jumping around in my head
    Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Sling Shot

I'm pitching this one..drum roll please...........DarkPower Pack!! I don't have the line up picked out yet, but it should win over the Marvel big wigs at firs glance.
    Hyuk.

John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By John_Feaster
    The Devil Tiger said:
    What's next ? Dark Greats Lakes ? aw c'mon !It's true that we have yet to see what's all about, ... [more]

I think the idea is so...mundane and simplistic that it's disappointing. It's just part of Marvels (Quesada's) twisted need for "balance", these days. And yet...I did get a kick out of the Offenders (Baron Mordo, Terrax, Tigershark and the Red Hulk) in Hulk 12!

Wait a minute. "Dark Great Lake Avengers" (I won't say "Initiaive"!) has a great ring to it. Who would that team consist of? I'm guessing the line up would be Hypno-Hustler could replace Mr. Immortal (Disco never dies!). The Walrus replaces Big Bertha (fat + strong = fat + strong). The White Rabbit replaces Squirrel Girls (fuzzy cuteness is a must), Trapster replaces Flatman (both sort-of smart guys) and Spot takes Doormans position (very limited transport powers), and in every issue some new guy will wear the old Stilt-man armor and get killed in it! ;>)

Wolverine and Spiderman will appear now and again to keep sales up...
    The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By The Devil Tiger
    John_Feaster said:
    The Devil Tiger said: What's next ? Dark Greats Lakes ? aw c'mon !It's true that we have yet to ... [more]

@John_Feaster:

LMFAO !
    John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By John_Feaster
    The Devil Tiger said:
    John_Feaster said: The Devil Tiger said: What's next ? Dark Greats Lakes ? aw c'mon !It's true that we have ... [more]

.....well...

Are you implying by your laughter that it isn't a brilliant idea? That it isn't a new and facinating direction for Marvel to take these old, beloved and proven characters? Good sir, I'll have you know that this is as bankable as a Bendis Story, and TWICE as commercial!!! The action figures alome will make us rich! Why, the "Hypno-Hustler w. Action-Afro Playset!" alone will make us all millionares! And what little boy (30-year-old-man-child) wouldn't LOVE the White Rabbit with real faux-fur boots and bunny ears?

It's brilliant, I tell you! BRILLIANT!!!
    The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By The Devil Tiger

@John_Feaster:

LOL !!
    But au contraire, my friend, each part of my despairing soul agree and would be glad to see your marvelous idea take shape !

What a light of hope and fun in a despairing gritty so-called superheroïc angst ! and we could reboot the secret invasion as a story arc rebooted as the Secret Quest, with the impossible man in place of the entire race of the Skrull ! The Dark great lakes avengers mus t find the Impossible man before he destroy the planet !

You are truly inspiring dear John !

John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By John_Feaster
    The Devil Tiger said:
    @John_Feaster: LOL !!But au contraire, my friend, each part of my despairing soul agree and would be glad to see your marvelous ... [more]

Oh, fun. I remember that. I used to have that. Now I have Angst and Character and Grit and Realism...all of which I can get by just LIVING MY FLIPPIN' LIFE!!!!!

Thank you God in heaven for Wolverine : First Class (now confirmed to be in continuity), Lockjaw and the Pet Avengers (Throg is my hero!), Great Lakes Iniaitive (AVENGERS, DAMN IT ALL!!!) and the Incredible Hercules. I like angst is it's own way. I started reading X-Men back in 1979, and still read two X-Titles. But I need FUN to distract me from my troubles. Say what you will about me, but color and lights keep me laughing, and there's not a single thing wrong with that. Back in the day, I used to think that Marvel must be a fun place. But these days...these days...I sometimes think of Marvel like this...

Kids In The Hall - Each Day We Work
       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1si6M-vDEzI

MercenaryX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By MercenaryX

Who cares? Read it first!!!!

John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By John_Feaster
    MercenaryX said:
    Who cares? Read it first!!!!

Marvels track record hasn't been good enough lately for me to just throw my money away on a pig-in-a-poke. Also, the concept of the evil version of so-and-so seems old and tired already. The Dark Anything just isn't enough to sway me these days. Not with even average books being 3-bucks plus tax. I think I'm going to dodge most all of this one. I can aford to buy about 10 titles a month. That's my limit, and the Dark storyline just isn't grabbing me from what I read on the internet or scan at the stands in Chimps Comics. Unless I hear that Kitty Pryde's comming back in an issue, I'll give it a miss. Not trying to be negative. It's just simple economy. I can't aford to buy books that wont make me happy.
    MercenaryX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By MercenaryX
    John_Feaster said:
    MercenaryX said: Who cares? Read it first!!!!    Marvels track record hasn't been good enough lately for me to just ... [more]
    Point taken. LOL
    John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By John_Feaster
    MercenaryX said:
    John_Feaster said: MercenaryX said: Who cares? Read it first!!!!    Marvels track record hasn't been good enough lately for me ... [more]

Thank you, but (*sigh*) I'm sorry to have sounded so...sharp and rude there. I'm not usually like that. But I'm 40, and have worked for or operated two comicbook stores between 1986 and 1998. I'm old...and pretty damn bitter about hype and hoohah by now. I remember the Crisis and Zero Hour and all that mess, and none of it matters anymore. I remember Heroes Reborn and the Evoloutionary War, and it's just fluff and drama...and when new Events come out...I look long and hard at them. Some have been fun...but most are just potholes that will foul a whole years worth of reading with shrapnal from it's passing.

My rule these days is "Buy what you'll read and enjoy" and it's worked wonders for me. Collecting for profit or investment's a suckers game. I can tell you HORROR STORIES of Nick buying a comic collection that included (I kid you not) 100 issues of Wonder Man #1 with acid-free boards and bags and...thinking about the chump who invested all that money in what ended up as fodder for Nicks $1 box.

Nothing Bendis has done recently has impressed me much. The read a lot of Secret Invasion, but I won't be drawn in this time. Dark Reign is an issue by issue evaluation for me. So far...I've only bought issues with "Dark Reign" plots that crossed into my regular comics like Hercules, Thor and X-Men.
    The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By The Devil Tiger

@John_Feaster:

Ok, now I know that I'm jaded... (private joke)
    I filled in your description pretty easily. Don't be sorry, it's just almost 15 year that I follow comics and I feel the same way.
    It's just that Dark X-men seemed to me like, hum, just pointless. Strangely, I follow some vertigo stuff, like Constantine or Transmet, and altough the things seems dark, at least, the caracter seems to have a brain, and sharp view that's funny. But I don't buy as many comics as you, I must admit...

Beside of that, I just loved your "Kid in the hall" post, it made me LOL like a crazy.  

MercenaryX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By MercenaryX
    John_Feaster said:
    MercenaryX said: John_Feaster said: MercenaryX said: Who cares? Read it first!!!!    Marvels track record hasn't been good enough lately ... [more]
    You use to do comics? I do them right now.
    John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By John_Feaster
    MercenaryX said:
    John_Feaster said: MercenaryX said: John_Feaster said: MercenaryX said: Who cares? Read it first!!!!    Marvels track record hasn't been good ... [more]

Well thank your lucky stars yo didn't in the mid and late 90's! Never before has the whole idea of a "Comic Book Store" been so turned upside down! And Image used to rape us with crap like Troll and...well, everything that WASN'T Spawn! Oh, there was no darker time in the industry. Not even durring the 70's implosion, which was more DC then anything else. Image and the Marvel/DC reaction to Image nearly destroyed the very idea of the comic book.

Anyway, "Sabra" and "Arcadia Hobbies" are dead chapters of my life. I avoided comics for years afterwards. Only restarted buying and reading new comics in 2007...just in time to see Civil War present some amazing stories, while at the same time do more to kill my love of the Avengers and Comics in general than all the "Teenage Ironman", "Captain America's a Werewolf" and "Noseless Pirate-Mask Wolverine" ever did. Still, I found a few titles I could like, and I stuck.

MercenaryX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By MercenaryX

Civil War was great. You should start it up again. WE WILL PREVAIL!

John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By John_Feaster
    The Devil Tiger said:
    @John_Feaster: Ok, now I know that I'm jaded... (private joke)I filled in your description pretty easily. Don't be sorry, it's ... [more]
    zweener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By zweener
    @Sling Shot: Already made a joke about that see earlier postings. Would be funny though Just imagine Katie Power with a bandoleer of grenades and wielding a machete
    jbeyer418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By jbeyer418
    Marshall Madness said:
    I know Namor is technically a mutant, but I thought Cloak and Dagger got their powers from experimental drugs.  [more]

Cloak and Dagger have been identified as latent mutants (like Polaris) who have the X-gene, but need some kind of external trigger to activate their mutant powers.  The Mimic, however, is not (if I recall correctly) a mutant, despite his many appearances in X-titles and his brief X-Men membership about 40-some odd years ago.

As for the theme in general; we can clearly identify why there's going to be a "Dark X-Men"--any title with "X" in it will sell.

I too will reserve good idea/bad idea judgment until I see what they do with it.  On the up side, some of what I've seen about the basic plot for the X-Men/Dark Avengers crossover looks promising.  However, I have a hard time shaking a couple of things:  first, there already IS a "Dark" X-Men of sorts--X-Force.  Second, Emma Frost kowtows to nobody.  The idea that she would lead a team on Osborn's behalf seems a little sycophantic for her and well out of character.  (Presuming that Emma isn't plotting herself--though Osborn ought to expect that.)  Lastly, if Osborn is trying to revise his image (as recent issues of Dark Avengers reveal), why on God's green earth would he create a MUTANT team?  In the MU, mutants are only slightly more popular than S.A.R.S.  What would be the point?  Unless, of course, Osborn has infiltrated the staff of Marvel Comics (Dark Editors, anyone?) and recognizes, as I noted above, that any "X"-title will sell big.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.