gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided
    Whenever I think of The Dark Tower, I have to take a deep breathe. It was a series I truly enjoyed. Now we're getting into where the novels began.

The Good

It's Roland chasing after the Man In Black. This is where we came in during the first novel. I have been enjoying the past series, seeing Roland as a youth, but part of me wants to see how the later events will play out in the comics. Everything works here. The dialogue, the art, the colors, it all feels like it's The Gunslinger. Even knowing how things end, it still feels fresh. 

The Bad

I wish I could be reading the entire mini-series instead of just the first issue. I want more.

The Verdict - 5/5

If you've ever read The Dark Tower books or any of the past comics, you know what to expect here. The past series did delve into Roland's past but sometimes felt a little convoluted. I feel like we're back on track here. Even though we're finally seeing scenes from the first book, the telling of Roland's past is not over. Some time has passed between this series and The Battle Of Jericho Hill. We'll be seeing more of what Roland was up to and what made him who he is. I loved the books and really dug this comic.
    crazywolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By crazywolf

Aw yeah! Definitely got to get Dark Tower.

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Theodore

nice love the books gotta get this one.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3  Edited By jakob187

So this is the one that's actually going along with the story that King had already written, right? 

Nonetheless, I still haven't gotten past Treachery.  I just cannot justify spending $25 on such a slim hardcover.  They started releasing the trades for the past five volumes, though, so I'll get it EVENTUALLY.

lonefang6x6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By lonefang6x6

i wanna read it

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.