Osborns rise to power.....how did that happen?

#1 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

ok so in SI Aftermath, in the article about Osborn there is a sentence that states how he manipulated certain things behind the scenes of the Invasion. I'm curios what did he do exactly
(before shooting the Queen on National TV)

#2 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

He has been running the Thunderbolts, making them look good when they were actually terrible people.

#3 Posted by Vance Astro (91261 posts) - - Show Bio

It has been a long time coming.Hopefully he won't exist after Dark Reign.

#4 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

You want him gone completely? I wouldn't mind seeing him head back to his goblin roots after this whole Dark Reign thing ends.

#5 Posted by Vance Astro (91261 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"You want him gone completely? I wouldn't mind seeing him head back to his goblin roots after this whole Dark Reign thing ends."
The Green Goblin is a stale persona.How many time does Spider-Man have to own him? I like him better pretending to be a hero.
#6 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"He has been running the Thunderbolts, making them look good when they were actually terrible people."
well I can see that, but I figured there was a bit more .....but thanks
#7 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really

#8 Posted by The Emerald Knight (243 posts) - - Show Bio

He pretty much like plan the whole thing. I mean everyone saw Wolverine heading towards the Queen. Everyone knows Wolverine is the killer and they just watch him go after her. But, Osborn kept his head in the game. He knew that they were on National Television and that if people saw him shoot her and say something "commanding", would give people the false illusion that he is some great hero.

#9 Posted by The Emerald Knight (243 posts) - - Show Bio

If you think about it, it was Pure Genius.

#10 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio

Osborn also stole the information Deadpool sent to Nick Fury about the Skrulls

#11 Posted by thunderbolt (2357 posts) - - Show Bio
The Emerald Knight said:
"He pretty much like plan the whole thing. I mean everyone saw Wolverine heading towards the Queen. Everyone knows Wolverine is the killer and they just watch him go after her. But, Osborn kept his head in the game. He knew that they were on National Television and that if people saw him shoot her and say something "commanding", would give people the false illusion that he is some great hero."
What comic is that?
#12 Posted by The Emerald Knight (243 posts) - - Show Bio
thunderbolt said:
"The Emerald Knight said:
"He pretty much like plan the whole thing. I mean everyone saw Wolverine heading towards the Queen. Everyone knows Wolverine is the killer and they just watch him go after her. But, Osborn kept his head in the game. He knew that they were on National Television and that if people saw him shoot her and say something "commanding", would give people the false illusion that he is some great hero."
What comic is that?"
Secret Invasion number 8.

Obi Wan Kenobi!
said:
"Osborn also stole the information Deadpool sent to Nick Fury about the Skrulls"
Yea, but really, you don't need to steal information just to shoot someone in the head.
#13 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

hey I found something, this is how it went down in Thunderbolts #125

caption

later............

caption

caption

#14 Posted by THE SHADOWKING (3 posts) - - Show Bio

it's about time norman got into the big leagues of villainy. kudos to marvel for having the brains to finally use their own lex luthor in such a fashion. i always thought osborn's evil should have spilled out all over the marvel u a long time ago, instead of being contained to being trounced by spider-man every 12 issues or so. But what of the x-men in all of this? Does Normie have plans for the few remaining mutants?

#15 Posted by Blazing Eagle (280 posts) - - Show Bio

That was genius pure genius. See that's what I love about tie-ins they show you a different side and perspective to what's going on

#16 Posted by Vance Astro (91261 posts) - - Show Bio

There was no genius involved.Norman stole something from Deadpool..that's it that's all.He didn't have to make the good guys look bad.They did it to themselves.

#17 Posted by Blazing Eagle (280 posts) - - Show Bio

Its pure genius because it takes a crafty person to know how to use the information given to them, thats the difference between a leader and a strategic leader. duh!! Vance.

#18 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

he just was in the right place at the right time....he did have some other things going for him but thats about it. Mainly stark's epic fail and led to him being in a spot to get what he wanted. That and wolverine took to long

#19 Posted by Speedblast (38 posts) - - Show Bio

How did norman though get control of the Thunderbolts though is my question?
#20 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5470 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm surprised Norman hasn't been demoted to chipping paint off the walls in the Negative Zone prison. He has done literally nothing in charge of H.A.M.M.E.R., and everybody has outsmarted him in one way or another. His haircut only makes it worse. 

#21 Posted by BarryWest (52 posts) - - Show Bio

It was bad enough reading him make the Thunderbolts look like the good guys, but now it's just frustrating. I cant wait for Siege.

#22 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7897 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" There was no genius involved.Norman stole something from Deadpool..that's it that's all.He didn't have to make the good guys look bad.They did it to themselves. "
Stealing the information about the Skrull queen from Nick Fury helped him gain a sh*tload of creditability from the citizens. It enabled Osborn to kill the Skrull queen. thus gaining basically everyones trust. i think that played a big part on Osborn taking over.
#23 Posted by ascentc12 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you a comic book lover who enjoys reading multiple genres such as Superheroes,Sci Fi,Fantasy,Horror and much more? Then please check out the new Houston,Texas based comic book company Ascendant Comics!

Our current titles are Wulfen,Project Omni,the NoMen and the upcoming Generation Rift which we are sure can please any reader!

Also check out our sub label Numinous Comics which strictly holds only angel/demonic themed material.Titles include the Templar and Mkultra.

Please follow us through these links below:

http://www.ascendantcomics.com/

http://www.facebook.com/AscendantComics

http://twitter.com/ascendantcomics

Thanks in advance for any appreciation and support!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.