Dark Reign Trailer

Posted by G-Man (35119 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel has released a trailer for the next event in the Marvel Universe.  The heroes have barely had a chance to recover from the Skrull Invasion and we've seen that things are already in motion for the next catastrophe.  Norman may be the man of the hour but how long can he fool the public?

You can read more at Marvel.

  
Staff
#1 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2828 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont get it. Is this a trailer for the print comics?

Staff
#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio

This is awesome.LOL..I saw Rom:Space Knight in there!

Moderator
#3 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

My new years resolution is going to be to NOT buy every little tie in issue to the major Marvel events.

#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio
Slinger said:
"My new years resolution is going to be to NOT buy every little tie in issue to the major Marvel events."
Why?
Moderator
#5 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

It's just too much of a drain. I spent fifty bucks last week on comics (after a 20% discount), and a good portion were SI comics (granted I was a week behind, but $25 a week on comics is still kinda a lot.) I need to par it down a bit. Unless I win the lottery, in which case I'll be buying a ridiculous amount of comics next year.

#6 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio
Slinger said:
"It's just too much of a drain. I spent fifty bucks last week on comics (after a 20% discount), and a good portion were SI comics (granted I was a week behind, but $25 a week on comics is still kinda a lot.) I need to par it down a bit. Unless I win the lottery, in which case I'll be buying a ridiculous amount of comics next year."
I spent 50 bucks..just yesterday on comics..I now have all of SI and all of the variants.Comics seems worthy to throw money at.
Moderator
#7 Edited by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't have all the variants, but I do have the complete SI collection. I wish I never bought Runaways/Young Avengers SI.

oops, I write New Avengers by reflex now.

#8 Posted by Green Flash (155 posts) - - Show Bio

The one picture with Gobby in the background really reminds me of the joker...I feel like this is marvel trying to take the Dark Knight's success and put it into comics...STILL EXCTIED THOUGH so i guess it works...

#9 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio
Green Flash said:
"The one picture with Gobby in the background really reminds me of the joker...I feel like this is marvel trying to take the Dark Knight's success and put it into comics...STILL EXCTIED THOUGH so i guess it works..."
That's ridiculous. How is this anything like Dark Knight?
#10 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio
Slinger said:
"I don't have all the variants, but I do have the complete SI collection. I wish I never bought Runaways/Young Avengers SI.

oops, I write New Avengers by reflex now."
Yea..there are some issues of every event..you wish you didn't have.That's why I download.I buy the comics I want or need and I download the things I just want to look over so I know what's going on.I spend alot of money on comics though.
Moderator
#11 Posted by Namor1987 (1889 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the Dark Illuminati idea plus its cool how Namor is part of both Illuminati versions  Plus Norman Osborn being the big dog in the Marvel Universe could be interesting.

#12 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

Hum.....I wasn't into Secert Invasions so....I'm probably out on this one.

#13 Posted by G-Man (35119 posts) - - Show Bio

This could be better than Secret Invasion in the sense that we'll get better villains than the lame-o Skrulls.

Staff
#14 Posted by Baal Zak (355 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor1987 is right, Dark Reign seems very promising but Slinger has a point. SI taught me that Marvel doesn't know what a tie-in works for. I still don't know why Punisher, BND:SI, YA/Runaways, and many other titles were part of the Secret Invasion when those issues didn't add a thing to the main story line, except the characters presence.

#15 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio
Baal Zak said:
"Namor1987 is right, Dark Reign seems very promising but Slinger has a point. SI taught me that Marvel doesn't know what a tie-in works for. I still don't know why Punisher, BND:SI, YA/Runaways, and many other titles were part of the Secret Invasion when those issues didn't add a thing to the main story line, except the characters presence."
YA/Runaways was put together simply because it's a was a goldmine. YA actually should have had a much bigger role in the invasion if you ask me. I mean the prince of the Skrull empire is on the team! They just really dropped the ball on the story. Punisher was COMPLETELY useless.
#16 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:
"This could be better than Secret Invasion in the sense that we'll get better villains than the lame-o Skrulls."
Agreed.The skrulls were an easy win.
Moderator
#17 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like the real secret invasion was the few months of New Avengers before the actual event even started. I'm on the fence with Dark Reign, does the general public not know about the Osborn/Goblin thing? I kind of just want the MCU to get to a state of normalcy for a little while.

#18 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

This would have been really awesome if they actually showed us something we haven't seen already.

#19 Posted by G-Man (35119 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"G-Man said:
"This could be better than Secret Invasion in the sense that we'll get better villains than the lame-o Skrulls."
Agreed.The skrulls were an easy win."
Don't say that around Wasp.
Staff
#20 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

I'm really looking forward to Dark Reign. I'm curious who Iron Patriot is. There's alot of speculation but nothing concrete. I'mma throw this out there........it could be Jack Flag. The suit is exactly the same colors as his costume and with him being crippled by Bullseye, it would make sense that he needs the suit in order to function. 

Moderator
#21 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"lol

I'm really looking forward to Dark Reign. I'm curious who Iron Patriot is. There's alot of speculation but nothing concrete. I'mma throw this out there........it could be Jack Flag. The suit is exactly the same colors as his costume and with him being crippled by Bullseye, it would make sense that he needs the suit in order to function. "
It's Norman Osborn.
Moderator
#22 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Gambler said:
"lol

I'm really looking forward to Dark Reign. I'm curious who Iron Patriot is. There's alot of speculation but nothing concrete. I'mma throw this out there........it could be Jack Flag. The suit is exactly the same colors as his costume and with him being crippled by Bullseye, it would make sense that he needs the suit in order to function. "
It's Norman Osborn."
Maybe. But isn't he already in the Dark Illuminati?
Moderator
#23 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Gambler said:
"lol

I'm really looking forward to Dark Reign. I'm curious who Iron Patriot is. There's alot of speculation but nothing concrete. I'mma throw this out there........it could be Jack Flag. The suit is exactly the same colors as his costume and with him being crippled by Bullseye, it would make sense that he needs the suit in order to function. "
It's Norman Osborn."
Probably, but it hasn't been confirmed
#24 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Gambler said:
"lol

I'm really looking forward to Dark Reign. I'm curious who Iron Patriot is. There's alot of speculation but nothing concrete. I'mma throw this out there........it could be Jack Flag. The suit is exactly the same colors as his costume and with him being crippled by Bullseye, it would make sense that he needs the suit in order to function. "
It's Norman Osborn."
Probably, but it hasn't been confirmed"
Actually it has.
Moderator
#25 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Actually it has."
lol oops
Moderator
#26 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Gambler said:
"lol

I'm really looking forward to Dark Reign. I'm curious who Iron Patriot is. There's alot of speculation but nothing concrete. I'mma throw this out there........it could be Jack Flag. The suit is exactly the same colors as his costume and with him being crippled by Bullseye, it would make sense that he needs the suit in order to function. "
It's Norman Osborn."
Maybe. But isn't he already in the Dark Illuminati?"
Thats not really a team more of a gathering. Kinda like how Iron Man was on there and the Avengers, Prof X and X-Men, Mr. Fantastic and F4
#27 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Nobody said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Gambler said:
"lol

I'm really looking forward to Dark Reign. I'm curious who Iron Patriot is. There's alot of speculation but nothing concrete. I'mma throw this out there........it could be Jack Flag. The suit is exactly the same colors as his costume and with him being crippled by Bullseye, it would make sense that he needs the suit in order to function. "
It's Norman Osborn."
Probably, but it hasn't been confirmed"
Actually it has."
When and where?
#28 Edited by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio

retracted.

Moderator
#29 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"I don't want to divulge where I read leaked information..just trust me..it's Norman."
Moderator
#30 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Actually it has."
lol oops"
I wasn't serious.
Moderator
#31 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Vance Astro said:
"I don't want to divulge where I read leaked information..just trust me..it's Norman."
"
LMFAO.
Moderator
#32 Posted by TheDrifter (26556 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Gambler said:
"Vance Astro said:
"I don't want to divulge where I read leaked information..just trust me..it's Norman."
"
LMFAO."
LMMFAO
#33 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

I use to hate Norman Osbourn but now i think he's one of the more interesting characters in the Marvel U.

Moderator
#34 Edited by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio

In all seriousness though..it might not be Norman.It most likely is though.Being the Iron Patriot (being Marvel's new American hero) will be the ultimate slap in the face to Iron Man.

Moderator
#35 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"I use to hate Norman Osbourn but now i think he's one of the more interesting characters in the Marvel U."
Why?
Moderator
#36 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate these trailers and voice overs.

anyway, who's the young lady at 0.51-0.52?

Moderator
#37 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

"Baal Zak said:

Namor1987 is right, Dark Reign seems very promising but Slinger has a point. SI taught me that Marvel doesn't know what a tie-in works for. I still don't know why Punisher, BND:SI, YA/Runaways, and many other titles were part of the Secret Invasion when those issues didn't add a thing to the main story line, except the characters presence.
Disregarding the Avengers books, I think in general, the other SI tie-ins did their job, to show how the invasion affected other characters/teams in the Marvel U. You can’t expect every book to add to the main storyline.  SI (main book) focused on specific teams (Avengers, F4 a bit) and organizations (SHIELD, SWORD). It’s a big Marvel U, so why should all the tie-in stories focus on what’s happening in the main book when they have their own problems to deal with?

But I still understand what you’re saying, a lot of the tie-ins were not that important, except for Thunderbolts, Avengers and others. So I’m trying to be carful of which tie ins (ehem books) I buy for DR.


#38 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG I just figured something out!

Dark reign is totally ripping off Final Crisis.

"the world where evil rules" and all that, we've heard it before....

That doesn't mean it won't be cool though.

#39 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio
AtPhantom said:
"Dark reign is totally ripping off Final Crisis.

"the world where evil rules" and all that, we've heard it before...."
Ridiculous. Norman Osborn isn't Darkseid.
#40 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
Slinger said:
"AtPhantom said:
"Dark reign is totally ripping off Final Crisis.

"the world where evil rules" and all that, we've heard it before...."
Ridiculous. Norman Osborn isn't Darkseid."
So?

He's evil, and he's in control.
#41 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

So is Doctor Doom, so FC ripped off FF.

#42 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
Slinger said:
"So is Doctor Doom, so FC ripped off FF."
Doom is in control of his country, not the whole superhero community.

Anyway, i'm not gonna argue about this, I agree the two have very little in common, I just had to point out the similar slogan they have.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.