Follow

Dark Reign

Story arc »

The Invasion is finally over, and a group of villains lead by Norman Osborn are ready to turn the Marvel Universe upside down.

Dark Reign SPOILERS!

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#3701  Edited By The_Martian
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Andferne said:
    @Nighthunter said:
    " I hate the new costume"
    I hate the character. "
    Shame on you.
    Clara Mass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3702  Edited By Clara Mass
    @Nobody said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Andferne said:
    @Nighthunter said:
    I hate the character. "
    Shame on you. "

What the nobody said =P
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#3703  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Andferne said:
    @Nighthunter said:
    I hate the character. "
    I'm never been a big fan of any Captain Marvel, but I'm starting to like this new one, I do think his suit looks cool as well
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#3704  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Nobody said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Andferne said:
    @Nighthunter said:
    I hate the character. "
    Shame on you. "
    I tried to like Noh-Varr but Bendis ruined it.
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#3705  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Bendis ruins everything

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3706  Edited By The_Martian
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Nobody said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Andferne said:
    @Nighthunter said:
    I hate the character. "
    Shame on you. "
    I tried to like Noh-Varr but Bendis ruined it. "
    Ignore Bendis's Noh. Read him in his other appearances like The List: Wolverine or Savage She-Hulk.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3707  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Nobody said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Nobody said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Andferne said:
    @Nighthunter said:
    I hate the character. "
    Shame on you. "
    Ignore Bendis's Noh. Read him in his other appearances like The List: Wolverine or Savage She-Hulk. "
    I did and I hated those too.I feel like they wanked him off and made him look more powerful than he actually is.They used to do the same with Mar-Vell his stats are an absolute joke in comparison to most of the people they have shown in him compete with.
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3708  Edited By The_Martian
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Nobody said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Nobody said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Andferne said:
    @Nighthunter said:
    I hate the character. "
    Shame on you. "
    Ignore Bendis's Noh. Read him in his other appearances like The List: Wolverine or Savage She-Hulk. "
    I did and I hated those too.I feel like they wanked him off and made him look more powerful than he actually is.They used to do the same with Mar-Vell his stats are an absolute joke in comparison to most of the people they have shown in him compete with. "
    Noh-Varr's tech is constantly shown to be some of the most powerful weapons around. Sure his stats might be around Spider-Man level(slightly higher), but its his equipment that made him the real threat.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3709  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Nobody said:
    Noh-Varr's tech is constantly shown to be some of the most powerful weapons around. Sure his stats might be around Spider-Man level(slightly higher), but its his equipment that made him the real threat. 
    Wasn't he going h2h with Lyra for a while?
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3710  Edited By The_Martian
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Nobody said:
    Wasn't he going h2h with Lyra for a while? "
    We don't know her strength level though. And Noh has shown to have a good deal of resistant to blunt trauma. Noh also was using the Pocket Battlefield to aid him, and she had the upper hand in the fight.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3711  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Nobody said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Nobody said:
    We don't know her strength level though. And Noh has shown to have a good deal of resistant to blunt trauma. Noh also was using the Pocket Battlefield to aid him, and she had the upper hand in the fight. "
    I remember all of that but Lyra is clearly out of his strength class.I don't know how strong she is but she can compete with Jen.
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3712  Edited By The_Martian
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Nobody said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Nobody said:
    We don't know her strength level though. And Noh has shown to have a good deal of resistant to blunt trauma. Noh also was using the Pocket Battlefield to aid him, and she had the upper hand in the fight. "
    I remember all of that but Lyra is clearly out of his strength class.I don't know how strong she is but she can compete with Jen. "
    It was due to the Pocket Battlefield though. Noh-Varr had battled another "Hulk" inside of it in the past.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3713  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Nobody said:
    It was due to the Pocket Battlefield though. Noh-Varr had battled another "Hulk" inside of it in the past. "
    Pocket Battlefield increases durability?
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#3714  Edited By Nighthunter
    @Son_of_Magnus said:
    " Bendis ruins everything "
    motto
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3715  Edited By The_Martian
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Nobody said:
    It was due to the Pocket Battlefield though. Noh-Varr had battled another "Hulk" inside of it in the past. "
    Pocket Battlefield increases durability? "
    It changes physics. As I stated though, Noh-Varr has continued to show a high resistance to blunt tramua taking his from Guy with Hulk powers, guy with Thing's strength, getting dropped from the sky, getting kicked miles away, taking hits from Namor, taking hits from She-Hulk, and now taking hits from Sentry.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3716  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Nobody said:
    It changes physics. As I stated though, Noh-Varr has continued to show a high resistance to blunt tramua taking his from Guy with Hulk powers, guy with Thing's strength, getting dropped from the sky, getting kicked miles away, taking hits from Namor, taking hits from She-Hulk, and now taking hits from Sentry. "
    And this is why I don't like the character.His showings are ridiculous.
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3717  Edited By The_Martian

Why is it ridiculous if he is constantly shown at these levels?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3718  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Nobody said:
    " Why is it ridiculous if he is constantly shown at these levels? "
    I'm not saying they are PIS i'm saying his durability not matching his strength level will only cause inconsistencies and bad writing.It's what happens with Wolverine.They let him get hit with any and everything then still try to make him compete with street levelers which he basically is but it's silly and unfair to characters on that level because with out having powers or the use of any knockout tactics they pretty much can't do anything but sit there and get owned.There is no reason for that.
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3719  Edited By The_Martian

Noh-Varr isn't a street level character. He was never intended to be.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3720  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Nobody said: 

" Noh-Varr isn't a street level character. He was never intended to be. "

That's not what i'm saying.I'm saying his strength level suggests he's on one level and his durability is on a whole other plane.As in how Wolverine is basically a street leveler but his durability is on par with class 100's.    
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3721  Edited By The_Martian
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Nobody said: 

" Noh-Varr isn't a street level character. He was never intended to be. "

That's not what i'm saying.I'm saying his strength level suggests he's on one level and his durability is on a whole other plane.As in how Wolverine is basically a street leveler but his durability is on par with class 100's.     "
    What about Luke Cage? Luke Cage has greater durability than Noh-Varr and they have an equal strength level. Though I'm guess that now Noh-Varr has the Nega-Bands, his strength level has been enhanced further.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3722  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Nobody said:   "

What about Luke Cage? Luke Cage has greater durability than Noh-Varr and they have an equal strength level. Though I'm guess that now Noh-Varr has the Nega-Bands, his strength level has been enhanced further. "

I have seen Cage hurt by people in his strength class and below that...and I hate Luke Cage BTW.He doesn't have greater durability than Noh-Varr all the people you named Noh-Varr took shots from would one shot Cage.
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3723  Edited By The_Martian

I'm pretty sure that Sentry and Namor were pulling their punches.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3724  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Nobody said:
    " I'm pretty sure that Sentry and Namor were pulling their punches. "
    I would hope so because if he can take the best they have then I'm not even going to try and like him.Well that is after he's out of Bendis' hands.Nothing in Dark Avengers is worth a read accept the Annual.
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3725  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Nobody said:   "

What about Luke Cage? Luke Cage has greater durability than Noh-Varr and they have an equal strength level. Though I'm guess that now Noh-Varr has the Nega-Bands, his strength level has been enhanced further. "

I have seen Cage hurt by people in his strength class and below that...and I hate Luke Cage BTW.He doesn't have greater durability than Noh-Varr all the people you named Noh-Varr took shots from would one shot Cage. "
    Really you do not like Luke Cage? Usually people love him I do, your the first I have seen say they hate him.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3726  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Son_of_Magnus said:
    " @Vance Astro said:

I have seen Cage hurt by people in his strength class and below that...and I hate Luke Cage BTW.He doesn't have greater durability than Noh-Varr all the people you named Noh-Varr took shots from would one shot Cage. "
    Really you do not like Luke Cage? Usually people love him I do, your the first I have seen say they hate him. "
    I hate him first of all because his powers are boring.Second of all because he give my favorite hero (Daredevil) sh#t about things that don't even concern him,everything about him is a black cliche (ebonics,married to a white woman,grew up and was born in "the hood",used to speak in rhymes,is almost alway irrationally angry,has been to jail etc.).His mini series absolutely sucked.He bragged about screwing She-Hulk and Black Cat too hit wife and most of all...he doesn't have a uniform.
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3727  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Son_of_Magnus said:
    " @Vance Astro said:

Really you do not like Luke Cage? Usually people love him I do, your the first I have seen say they hate him. "
    I hate him first of all because his powers are boring.Second of all because he give my favorite hero (Daredevil) sh#t about things that don't even concern him,everything about him is a black cliche (ebonics,married to a white woman,grew up and was born in "the hood",used to speak in rhymes,is almost alway irrationally angry,has been to jail etc.).His mini series absolutely sucked.He bragged about screwing She-Hulk and Black Cat too hit wife and most of all...he doesn't have a uniform. "
    I just like his attitude, something like he always believes in whats right for the common people and he is good to have around as character conflict for others heroes it makes it a more interesting story. They do have to ease up on the stereotypes though. I used to be not crazy about him never hated him but he grew on me I just like how he will give anyone sh!t he is someone you hate to love you need him in the story it just make for good conflict
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3728  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Son_of_Magnus said:
    I just like his attitude, something like he always believes in whats right for the common people and he is good to have around as character conflict for others heroes it makes it a more interesting story. They do have to ease up on the stereotypes though. I used to be not crazy about him never hated him but he grew on me I just like how he will give anyone sh!t he is someone you hate to love you need him in the story it just make for good conflict "
    He's needs something else.The token black guy thing is lame now.They need something else to make him more interesting.
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3729  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Son_of_Magnus said:
    I just like his attitude, something like he always believes in whats right for the common people and he is good to have around as character conflict for others heroes it makes it a more interesting story. They do have to ease up on the stereotypes though. I used to be not crazy about him never hated him but he grew on me I just like how he will give anyone sh!t he is someone you hate to love you need him in the story it just make for good conflict "
    He's needs something else.The token black guy thing is lame now.They need something else to make him more interesting. "
    I think that is what Bendis is trying to do he like is in love with Cage. Cage was pretty much in charge of the New Avengers for a while there. Cage is becoming a way different character then the jive talking stereotype since Bendis took over I am noticing.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3730  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Son_of_Magnus said:
    I think that is what Bendis is trying to do he like is in love with Cage. Cage was pretty much in charge of the New Avengers for a while there. Cage is becoming a way different character then the jive talking stereotype since Bendis took over I am noticing. "
    He was the worst leader in Avenger's history.Bendis didn't change Cage.He's stopped talking jive in the late 80's\90's but he's still the token.He has nothing that sets him apart from that.
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3731  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Son_of_Magnus said:
    I think that is what Bendis is trying to do he like is in love with Cage. Cage was pretty much in charge of the New Avengers for a while there. Cage is becoming a way different character then the jive talking stereotype since Bendis took over I am noticing. "
    He was the worst leader in Avenger's history.Bendis didn't change Cage.He's stopped talking jive in the late 80's\90's but he's still the token.He has nothing that sets him apart from that. "
    I never said he was a good leader but I just see Bendis shaping him into a different character he is than in the past that is just my opinion though
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3732  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Son_of_Magnus said:
    I never said he was a good leader but I just see Bendis shaping him into a different character he is than in the past that is just my opinion though "
    I know you didn't i'm saying he was a better leader when during Heroes for Hire.Now he's a joke.Thanks Bendis.
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3733  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Son_of_Magnus said:
    I never said he was a good leader but I just see Bendis shaping him into a different character he is than in the past that is just my opinion though "
    I know you didn't i'm saying he was a better leader when during Heroes for Hire.Now he's a joke.Thanks Bendis. "
    Yep I wish Marvel would wake up and fire him
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3734  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Son_of_Magnus said:
    Yep I wish Marvel would wake up and fire him "
    How can they? Most of the books he writes are top sellers.
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3735  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Son_of_Magnus said:
    How can they? Most of the books he writes are top sellers. "
    I honestly think they would be top sellers even if he was not writing them. I think with what Geoff Johns and Mark Millar did with disassembled and Civil War Then having two major events right after each other made all the Avengers books in such demand who ever got them next was sure shot to have a red carpet rolled out. But that is just a theory of mine personally. I do not hate Bendis I loved House of M but he just is not good with the Avengers in my opinion he like takes characters and totally rewrites them to make what he wants happen. He just has to much on his plate I think I remember us agreeing we both liked Slott better. So I take back fire him that is to much that is just my dry humor just break up the portions a little bit I think
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3736  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Son_of_Magnus said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Son_of_Magnus said:
    How can they? Most of the books he writes are top sellers. "
    I honestly think they would be top sellers even if he was not writing them.
    I agree.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3737  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

So who enjoyed the New Avengers Annual? I thought it was very good and how they get things set up for Siege is truning out well, the only thing I felt was wrong with the issue is when it's set, is it after NA #60 or before? and if you see the last page (I won"t spoil it...kind of), you can clearly see that it's set after Cap: Reborn, but I was really surprised to see what had happened in the issue, I also thought seeing all of Clints past was a great way to really capture the character, to show what he's been through, and I loved the art, yeah there were a few panels where they could have fixed up the faces a little, but overall I liked the art and wish it as the art for the main series and not just the annual (but that's just my opinion...so don't quote this and tell me how wrong I am, because I know of you will, you know who I'm talking to). This is issue kicked butt, is I was G-Man, I'd give it a 4.5, great Annual.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3738  Edited By danhimself

I don't like that Captain America: Reborn isn't finished yet and we're already seeing Steve in current titles

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3739  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @danhimself said:

" I don't like that Captain America: Reborn isn't finished yet and we're already seeing Steve in current titles "

I don't like the series itself.I don't like the way Marvel does things.This out of continuity BS they've been doing like where most of the comics don't sync up is annoying.You have stuff happening in one comic that another comic still has to catch up to.What is the point of that? I remember during and after Civil War everything that happened in Iron Man was way ahead of what everyone else was doing but the stories tied into other comics.
    Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#3740  Edited By Omega Ray Jay
    Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3741  Edited By Mr. Wilson

Each week Dark Reign is building in a good way.  Ever since the announcing of Siege everythings been getting better.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3742  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @danhimself said:
    "I don't like that Captain America: Reborn isn't finished yet and we're already seeing Steve in current titles "
    I was kind of wondering about that, I can understand Steve poping up in NA Annual because he's returning to the book in #61, and since I think the annual takes place after #60 and right before Seige which takes place after Reborn, it kind of makes since, but I think Fraction may be going a little over bored and trying to take away Bendis's thunder (no pun intended) with having Cap('s), Thor, and Iron Man in his book, when they are supposed to reunite in Seige.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3743  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Omega Ray Jay said:
    "
    "
    That was the worst plot device I have ever witnessed next to the Void scaring Sentry off during Secret Invasion.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3744  Edited By DEGRAAF
    Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#3745  Edited By Omega Ray Jay
    Calix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3746  Edited By Calix
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Nobody said:
    " I'm pretty sure that Sentry and Namor were pulling their punches. "
    I would hope so because if he can take the best they have then I'm not even going to try and like him.Well that is after he's out of Bendis' hands.Nothing in Dark Avengers is worth a read accept the Annual. "
    @Omega Ray Jay: I_thought_it_was_more_interesting_that_Bucky_was_suited_up_in_his_Cap_uniform_whereas_Steve_wasn't.

I_myself_like_BMB's_work._Still_has_me_want_to_wring_him_one_for_making_me_get_hooked_again_on_Spider_woman_only_to_have_her_turn_out_to_be_Vernake.(grins)
    Also_likes_how_brings_up_lesser_known_Marvel_heroes_and_does_enough_with_them_to_introduce/expose_them_to_a_larger_audience._Agree_with_Luke_cage_notbeing
    a_great_Avenger's_leader_but_Barton_also_sucks_but_then_again_never_really_cared_about_him_either_way_other_than_his_rather_raw_deal_at_the_hands_of_wada.
    I_like_that_cage_doesn't_"suit_up"._That_made_him_distinct_from_the_others.
    Slott_is_funny_but_no_BMB_I_doubt_he_could_have_pulled_off_that_DA-Annual_or_the_Sentry_who_was_(finally)_elaborated_on_in_ DA_#12.
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3747  Edited By Nighthunter
    @War Killer said:
    " @danhimself said:
    "I don't like that Captain America: Reborn isn't finished yet and we're already seeing Steve in current titles "
    I was kind of wondering about that, I can understand Steve poping up in NA Annual because he's returning to the book in #61, and since I think the annual takes place after #60 and right before Seige which takes place after Reborn, it kind of makes since, but I think Fraction may be going a little over bored and trying to take away Bendis's thunder (no pun intended) with having Cap('s), Thor, and Iron Man in his book, when they are supposed to reunite in Seige. "
    between the fact that Reborn got an extra issue and the various delays then it ain't Fractions fault, as the series should have been finished by months now

Also whose bright idea was to release the aftermath of Captain America reborn before the series is over? Seriously
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3748  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Nighthunter said:
    " @War Killer said:
    " @danhimself said:
    I was kind of wondering about that, I can understand Steve poping up in NA Annual because he's returning to the book in #61, and since I think the annual takes place after #60 and right before Seige which takes place after Reborn, it kind of makes since, but I think Fraction may be going a little over bored and trying to take away Bendis's thunder (no pun intended) with having Cap('s), Thor, and Iron Man in his book, when they are supposed to reunite in Seige. "
    between the fact that Reborn got an extra issue and the various delays then it ain't Fractions fault, as the series should have been finished by months now  Also whose bright idea was to release the aftermath of Captain America reborn before the series is over? Seriously "
    Good point.
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3749  Edited By Nighthunter

Since Siege has officially kicked off, can we let this thread die?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3750  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Nighthunter said:

"Since Siege has officially kicked off, can we let this thread die? "

I agree -  The Official Siege Thread     

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.