Big Changes Coming In Dark Reign: The List - Avengers

• 52 results
Posted by G-Man (37729 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh Clint, what is going on with you?  We know that Clint has a major mad-on for Norman Osborn.  He's even said that they should simply kill Norman to be done with him.  From what Marvel is saying, some big things could be coming.  Clint Barton will make a decision that will "change the Avengers as you know them."

The List - Avengers is coming from Brian Michael Bendis and Marko Djurdjevic and is said to begin "the end of the Marvel Universe as you know it."  Norman has been targeted for death by...Ronin.  Norman, not one to just sit back doing nothing, also plans on eliminating every obstacle in his way.  After taking on the X-Men, his next move is to take on every other major player in the Marvel Universe.  Who says he's not crazy?  What will the Wrath of Osborn be like?

Marvels says that in 2010, the Marvel Universe will change forever and begins in The List.  Do you believe it or think it's a bunch of hype?  Dark Reign: The List Part One - Avengers is on sale on September 9, 2009.  Part Two (featuring Daredevil) is also on sale on the ninth.  Part Three (with the X-Men) is on sale September 16 (with pencils and cover by Alan Davis!).

#1 Edited by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

this is lookin awesome, hopefully it'll live up to my expectations

also lmao at hawkeye using a shotgun

#2 Posted by The Hottness (4226 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice
#3 Posted by Jamiracles (351 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea, I knew Spidey would have a problem with it.

I'm game, i'd love to see the new changes. Pretty exciting actually.

#4 Posted by Marshal Victory (677 posts) - - Show Bio

well he goes by ronin now it fits sorta he would do things his own way.hope that gun has some special bullets.because osborn has a regen factor .an since their killing off the punisher or makeing him into some frankenstein thing some one has to shoot people it might as well be ol hawkeye. 

#5 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

killer

#6 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Infernus was supposed to change the X-men forever and that didn't happen, i'm so over it

#7 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

dats c razy
#8 Posted by The Crimson Nutcase (813 posts) - - Show Bio

looks interesting....

#9 Posted by marcelo2169 (50 posts) - - Show Bio

clint is a jerk!

#10 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio

Clint is great. :D

#11 Posted by HarryF25 (70 posts) - - Show Bio

clint mother fuckin barton is mother fuckin kick ass

but i wish he was hawkeye

#12 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

YES!!!! Clint is so bad@$$

#13 Edited by Comiclove5 (1258 posts) - - Show Bio
@marcelo2169 said:

"clint is a jerk! "

Yeah he is!!!  And why was he radomly yelling at Spider Woman !?! 
And why did Mac Gargan have an open issue of Maxim with Songbird on the cover?
#14 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks really good (plus the art is on point). I like the idea of a hero, from what it sounds like, taking matters into his own hands and orchestrating a "hit list" on Norman and his crew. (why is Songbird on the cover of Maxim?)

#15 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7954 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmmm, looks good

#16 Posted by Joe Venom (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha, Clint does not have the cojones to kill Norman, anyone could be in the Ronin armor, could even be Bullseye.

#17 Posted by Deo Wade (430 posts) - - Show Bio

This....I like.

#18 Posted by Strife (1102 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" This looks really good (plus the art is on point). I like the idea of a hero, from what it sounds like, taking matters into his own hands and orchestrating a "hit list" on Norman and his crew. (why is Songbird on the cover of Maxim?) "
Songbird on maxim was driving me wild too...why is she there
#19 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strife said:
" @Gambler said:
" This looks really good (plus the art is on point). I like the idea of a hero, from what it sounds like, taking matters into his own hands and orchestrating a "hit list" on Norman and his crew. (why is Songbird on the cover of Maxim?) "
Songbird on maxim was driving me wild too...why is she there "
Maybe it was part of Norman's original plan during the Civil War. When he was marketing the Thunderbolts and they had action figures and what not.
#20 Posted by Namor1987 (1890 posts) - - Show Bio

Dont kill Norman Osborn he's better than Stark. Stark was just a gay useless prick but NO is a prick thats crazy & brilliant who actually brings something new to the MU
#21 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3561 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm convinced that Emma and Scott were in on a plan to strike at Osborn and they hand him his first big public defeat. This is probably a huge shot to his ego and he thinks he needs to be more proactive with the former heroes. Probably more and more of the Goblin will start to appear.

You know this will all end in his death, but years later it will turn out he really didn't die. He switched places with Harry or something.

#22 Posted by dan1509 (183 posts) - - Show Bio

On the top right pictures, on the right hand side, the middle picture, is that the hood? Is he on "the list" or is it just Osborn doing some monitoring?

I know Luke Cage is on "the list" but who else?  

Thanks for the post though G-Man :D
#23 Edited by Giuseppe Riccadonna (2071 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Spider-man puts Clint in his place but yea looks awesome!! And looks like Norman got his own "Iron Patriot" army going on in the background.

#24 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

Can anybody tell what exactly   'The List' is ?

#25 Posted by Vance Astro (91364 posts) - - Show Bio

LMFAO..Did Clint throw Gargan out a window?

#26 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Clint's gone off the deep end.

#27 Posted by Vance Astro (91364 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" Clint's gone off the deep end. "
Good.I hope he owns someone.
#28 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Nobody said:
" Clint's gone off the deep end. "
Good.I hope he owns someone. "
He shouldn't beable to, but I have a feeling he will.
#29 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost said:
" Can anybody tell what exactly   'The List' is ? "
The List is basically is basically a List of poeple who are the biggest threats to Norman's Empire and he is going to have his team "off" them.
#30 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" @AngelFrost said:
" Can anybody tell what exactly   'The List' is ? "
The List is basically is basically a List of poeple who are the biggest threats to Norman's Empire and he is going to have his team "off" them. "
I've been hearing 'The List' everywhere, but nowhere has a simple explanation of what it is. lol
#31 Posted by E.I.S.A.M. (369 posts) - - Show Bio

How many times is the marvel universe going to " end as we know it"?

#32 Posted by Secret Identity (224 posts) - - Show Bio

I expect "Forever" to mean a year, maybe 2 until it goes back to being pretty much satus quo.

#33 Posted by passionfruits (128 posts) - - Show Bio

Kind of seems like another reason to charge 3.99 per special book and come out with multiple special books. Likewise then increase the price of supporting books to 3.99 if they are not already at that point.

#34 Edited by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

so are hulk, loki, spidey, hood, reed, thor, dr doom, xavier, ronin and iron man or their respected teams gonna get their own list issue? or is "the list" gonna be a mini event to wrap up dark reign?

also kinda gettin tired of the dark and brooding clint barton myself

#35 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5483 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm really lookin 4ward 2 this :)

#36 Edited by burr787 (2504 posts) - - Show Bio

Norman must have done something pretty bad to drive Clint crazy. So far I don't think that he been that evil. Most of the stuff that he's doing is immoral but other than shooting at Mr. Fantastic's kids, he hasn't done that much wrong. Sure, he tried to kill Harry but I would consider that a good thing.

#37 Posted by Citizen 14 (1236 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks awesome. I'll will be furious if they do decide to kill Norman off. I personally like him even more than Tony. Still I'm super excited for the List.

#38 Posted by BillyButcher (69 posts) - - Show Bio

Are we sure 'The List' is something Osborne came up with?  

The picture in the top, left hand side of the OP has Ronin's hands applying the bloody hash marks to a white background - not the Iron Patriot - indicating to me Ronin is the one with a list to check off. Just wondering if maybe 'The List' is something Barton drew up as a list of bad guys who are so tarnishing the image of his Avengers that he he is going to kill them.  

Of course I could be misinterpreting the picture and Osborne  is in fact the one with the list.
#39 Posted by Tyler Starke (4410 posts) - - Show Bio

Well at least Clint is finally TCB for good

#40 Posted by whirlwind6 (235 posts) - - Show Bio

95% of the time, when Marvel promotes something by saying things along the lines of "It will change the Marvel universe forever",  it completely ruins the Marvel universe and screws with beloved characters.  What was wrong with the Marvel of the 60's, 70's, and (to a lesser extant) the 80's?  How come everyone in the industrey feels the need to drasticaly remake it?
#41 Posted by whirlwind6 (235 posts) - - Show Bio
@DH69:

I don't think that's Hawkeye.  I think it's Sin-eater.
#42 Posted by Termination Squad (265 posts) - - Show Bio

Who's the artist?

#43 Posted by The Crimson Nutcase (813 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" LMFAO..Did Clint throw Gargan out a window? "
Yes....yes he did...by his ear at that lol
#44 Posted by MoonKnightFan123 (271 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome...

#45 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks nice.
#46 Edited by SirSparkington (342 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like it'll at least be a fun read.

#47 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio
@E.I.S.A.M. said:
" How many times is the marvel universe going to " end as we know it"? "
Until they come up with a better idea...ha
#48 Posted by E.I.S.A.M. (369 posts) - - Show Bio
@Media_Master: @Media_Master said:
" @E.I.S.A.M. said:
" How many times is the marvel universe going to " end as we know it"? "
Until they come up with a better idea...ha "
HAHA! Well that could take a while.... I'm gonna go check out Blackest Night while I wait... Then I'm gonna go watch Gone with the Wind and listen to Free Bird immediately after, 'cause, I mean, I got time....
#49 Posted by Girth (1041 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, someone had to take down Norman eventually.

#50 Posted by Crimson Thunder (286 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark reign is becoming very interesting. In Dark Wolverine, when the Thing tosed Daken thrue the wall Norman had an evil plan bruing. I think he is going to frame the FF and create a Dark FF. I think that Norman's plan thrue this whole Dark Reign is to take over all the super teams and replace them with villians. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.