Are You Ready For The...All New, All Deadly Dark X-Men?

  • 158 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
Posted by G-Man (29418 posts) - - Show Bio


Looking at this image we see Professor X in the front.  Or at least we can assume it's him.  He's been known to do a shady thing or two in the past.  He's exploited children he claims he was trying to help.  The question is, is Norman behind this?  You would think that Charles would've put a patent on any team beginning with the letter "X." 

The discussion came up before whether or not Norman had the right to form a team and dub them "Avengers."  Maybe Tony was stupid enough to place the Avengers charter (if there even is one) along with all his other holdings that were taken away when he lost control of SHIELD and the Avengers Tower.  It just doesn't seem right that anyone can band together and dub themselves with the name of an existing team.  Isn't that what happened when the Great Lakes Avengers first formed?  Hawkeye went to see what was what.

So what is the story behind these Dark X-Men?  Maybe Charles is bummed that Cyclops has basically removed him from having anything to do with them.  I'm surprised to see Cloak and Dagger.  Last I heard (last summer), they were supposed to get their own series (or mini-series).  I guess they finally figured out that being on a team starting with an "X" would give them a lot more exposure.  And is that Daken?  Is he really taking after his dad and is going to be on both the Dark Avengers and Dark X-Men?
Staff
#1 Posted by inferiorego (20587 posts) - - Show Bio

.....I think I just started hating comics...

Staff
#2 Posted by Legacy_ (10169 posts) - - Show Bio

Closure said:

".....I think I just started hating Marvel comics..."


 

#3 Posted by inferiorego (20587 posts) - - Show Bio
Closure said:
"

Closure said:

".....I think I just started hating Marvel comics..."


 

"
I've been there for a while... Unless Brubaker writes it
Staff
#4 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that really Cloak and Dagger? They don't really fit in this group, I was assuming it was Exodus and Emma Frost. Along with Mimic, Namor, Daken, Xavier and Polaris presumably....but who's the guy with the Omega symbol?

#5 Posted by Killer Iron (31 posts) - - Show Bio

what the hell?

i like dark avengers but really theres already too many X-Related books

#6 Posted by Kurrent (14061 posts) - - Show Bio

I think its Guardian from Omega Flight....he has the Omega symbol on his chest

#7 Edited by Owen_Porter (83262 posts) - - Show Bio

 I think its a creative idea. Something new and to be honest I think it looks badass. Always been curious why Cloak & Dagger had  never been a part of the Xavier Institute. And Namor is supposedly the first known mutant. Maybe this is a "What If" type story. Or something set in the future. The art so far looks niiiiice and I'm excited to see Prof. X leading the X-Men again.

Moderator
#8 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that Angel and Emma?

#9 Posted by G-Man (29418 posts) - - Show Bio

That's the question.  Are the ones we can see the obvious people or someone 'posing' as them (like in Dark Avengers)?

Staff
#10 Posted by Legacy_ (10169 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would Emma go against Cyclops, will X-Force get involved, and will all the X-Titles feel the affects of DR?

#11 Posted by aztek_the_lost (30740 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
".....I think I just started hating comics..."
:O

comics...or Marvel? there's a big difference between the two
Moderator
#12 Posted by Kurrent (14061 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the line up is Cloak, Dagger, Mimic, Namor, Prof X, Emma, Daken and Guardian

#13 Posted by aztek_the_lost (30740 posts) - - Show Bio

wait...I thought Mimic was dead...did I miss something?

Moderator
#14 Edited by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

Ho hum.  Another gimmicky team that probably won't last ten issues.  I'm not taking the bait on this one Marvel.

I'm eagerly awaiting the Dark Runaways, Dark Fantastic Four and Dark Power Pack.  Oh yeah, lets also have a Dark New Warriors, Dark Guardians of the Galaxy and Dark Squadron Supreme.  'Cause this is Dark Reign.  And things are really Dark

I'm pretty fed up with Marvel right now.

#15 Edited by bioghost (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

as they compare themself as dark as the x-force. I won't care about this title.

#16 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:
"That's the question.  Are the ones we can see the obvious people or someone 'posing' as them (like in Dark Avengers)?"

they're all Skrulls....

*points at G-man in horror*

another Skrull!!!

they're invading.... flee!!!

M
#17 Posted by Legacy_ (10169 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"G-Man said:
"That's the question.  Are the ones we can see the obvious people or someone 'posing' as them (like in Dark Avengers)?"

they're all Skrulls....

*points at G-man in horror*another Skrull!!!they're invading.... flee!!!M"

lol
#18 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that Namor with the X-Men O_O

#19 Posted by danhimself (21904 posts) - - Show Bio

MIMIC!!!!

#20 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"Is that Namor with the X-Men O_O"
Technically, he's a mutant
#21 Posted by DEGRAAF (7811 posts) - - Show Bio
Closure said:
"Why would Emma go against Cyclops, will X-Force get involved, and will all the X-Titles feel the affects of DR?"
isnt she on osborns side really

#22 Posted by aztek_the_lost (30740 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"Nobody said:
"Is that Namor with the X-Men O_O"
Technically, he's a mutant"
that doesn't mean its in character for him to be with the X-Men
Moderator
#23 Posted by sora_thekey (8107 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually like this idea... Emma is wearing Black (for a change)
Mimic is back... yay!!!!
Namor is finally with his kind, that including Cloak and Dagger
The Omega guy.... ??????
Prof. is back
Daken....... weellll...... OK

Here's the thing a couple of days ago in a forum I stated that the Cabal was taking over

- Namor has the Dark Avengers

- Loki has the Mighty Avengers

- Hood will probably get the New Avengers

- I assumed Emma had the X-Men

- Now Dark X-Men include Namor (and Emma)

They really are taking over

Moderator
#24 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Why the heck is Daken on this team?!  Isn't bad enough his father appears on multiple teams. I don't think we need more of him too.

#25 Posted by Legacy_ (10169 posts) - - Show Bio

So, the Cabal is technically ruling the super-human community..thank God in 2010 it all ends

#26 Posted by Aheld92 (100 posts) - - Show Bio

Oy Vey so sick of marvel right now lately i've gone back to reading comic's from the 70's/80's

#27 Posted by G-Man (29418 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"Why the heck is Daken on this team?!  Isn't bad enough his father appears on multiple teams. I don't think we need more of him too."
That's what I meant about him taking after his dad (in the original post).  If Wolverine can be on the X-Men, X-Force and New Avengers, why can't Daken be on multiple teams.

And as for Emma, maybe she's gonna be pissed when she finds out about X-Force being kept from her.
Staff
#28 Posted by danhimself (21904 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:
"Nobody said:
"Why the heck is Daken on this team?!  Isn't bad enough his father appears on multiple teams. I don't think we need more of him too."
That's what I meant about him taking after his dad (in the original post).  If Wolverine can be on the X-Men, X-Force and New Avengers, why can't Daken be on multiple teams.And as for Emma, maybe she's gonna be pissed when she finds out about X-Force being kept from her."
i don't think that's emma
#29 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

OK
Prof. X = Magneto with a shaved head
Namor= Colossus with pointy ear implants.
Wolv= Daken
Emma= Mystique
Cloak= Cloak
Dagger= do we really care about them.
Mimic= is Angel with red contacts
Omega= Quicksilver

#30 Posted by G-Man (29418 posts) - - Show Bio
danhimself said:
"G-Man said:
"Nobody said:
"Why the heck is Daken on this team?!  Isn't bad enough his father appears on multiple teams. I don't think we need more of him too."
That's what I meant about him taking after his dad (in the original post).  If Wolverine can be on the X-Men, X-Force and New Avengers, why can't Daken be on multiple teams.And as for Emma, maybe she's gonna be pissed when she finds out about X-Force being kept from her."
i don't think that's emma
"
Yeah, I question all of them.  That's what I meant a few posts up.  Also, as much as I enjoy Terry Dodson's art, sometimes it's hard to tell who is who.
Staff
#31 Posted by G-Man (29418 posts) - - Show Bio
danhimself said:
"G-Man said:
"Nobody said:
"Why the heck is Daken on this team?!  Isn't bad enough his father appears on multiple teams. I don't think we need more of him too."
That's what I meant about him taking after his dad (in the original post).  If Wolverine can be on the X-Men, X-Force and New Avengers, why can't Daken be on multiple teams.And as for Emma, maybe she's gonna be pissed when she finds out about X-Force being kept from her."
i don't think that's emma
"
Yeah, I question all of them.  That's what I meant a few posts up.  Also, as much as I enjoy Terry Dodson's art, sometimes it's hard to tell who is who.
Staff
#32 Posted by Owen_Porter (83262 posts) - - Show Bio
Hawk said:
"Cloak= Cloak Dagger= do we really care about them.
Some of us do ;)
Moderator
#33 Posted by aztek_the_lost (30740 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Hawk said:
"Cloak= Cloak Dagger= do we really care about them.
Some of us do ;)"
and you'd rather have them brought down to this level...than have a mini? or heck, not appear at all for a few more months?
Moderator
#34 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost said:
"Gambler said:
"Hawk said:
"Cloak= Cloak Dagger= do we really care about them.
Some of us do ;)"
and you'd rather have them brought down to this level...
?

I like the line-up
#35 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Hawk said:
"Cloak= Cloak Dagger= do we really care about them.
Some of us do ;)"
Just cause your wearing a cloak. lol.


#36 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio
I demand DNA testing!!
#37 Posted by Owen_Porter (83262 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost said:
"Gambler said:
"Hawk said:
"Cloak= Cloak Dagger= do we really care about them.
Some of us do ;)"
and you'd rather have them brought down to this level...than have a mini? or heck, not appear at all for a few more months?"
What level is that? I'm excited about this comic to be honest. Seems alot of people are hating on it even though they have limited information about it. And just cause their appearing in this comic doesn't mean they still wont get a mini. Lineup looks official in my opinion.
Moderator
#38 Posted by Owen_Porter (83262 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator
#39 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Xavier's eyebrows look an awfully like Sebastian Shaw's"
OHHHHHH good one.....the it is Emma and HFC is back!!!!!
#40 Posted by aztek_the_lost (30740 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"aztek the lost said:
"Gambler said:
"Hawk said:
"Cloak= Cloak Dagger= do we really care about them.
Some of us do ;)"
and you'd rather have them brought down to this level...
?I like the line-up "
your response is exactly my point...but nvm...

@Gambler: I speak as an individual who hates his favorite characters being written into horrible concepts...but I see your a fan of this, so I guess it would make sense you like them being a part of it
Moderator
#41 Edited by Owen_Porter (83262 posts) - - Show Bio
Hawk said:
"Gambler said:
"Xavier's eyebrows look an awfully like Sebastian Shaw's"
OHHHHHH good one.....the it is Emma and HFC is back!!!!!"
Or maybe she's Madelyne Prior with her hair dyed......
Moderator
#42 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Hawk said:
"Gambler said:
"Xavier's eyebrows look an awfully like Sebastian Shaw's"
OHHHHHH good one.....the it is Emma and HFC is back!!!!!"
Or maybe she's Madelyn Prior with her hair dyed......"
True....but red heads should always stay red....hotter!
#43 Posted by Precise (22883 posts) - - Show Bio

This should be interesting, a lot of different dynamics in this team, if they are who they seem to be that is.

#44 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

For Some reason I think that's not Namor.

#45 Posted by Owen_Porter (83262 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost said:
"@Gambler: I speak as an individual who hates his favorite characters being written into horrible concepts...but I see your a fan of this, so I guess it would make sense you like them being a part of it"
Gambler said:
" I'm excited about this comic to be honest.  "
Your perception of a horrible concept is just that, yours ;)










Moderator
#46 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost said:
"TheDrifter said:
"aztek the lost said:
"Gambler said:
"Hawk said:
"Cloak= Cloak Dagger= do we really care about them.
Some of us do ;)"
and you'd rather have them brought down to this level...
?I like the line-up "
your response is exactly my point...but nvm.
That point being?
#47 Posted by Precise (22883 posts) - - Show Bio
Hawk said:
"For Some reason I think that's not Namor."
Who else could it be?
#48 Posted by Owen_Porter (83262 posts) - - Show Bio
Precise said:
"Hawk said:
"For Some reason I think that's not Namor."
Who else could it be?"
That's what I was trying to figure out. Its not like Namor has alot of "look a likes" floating around.
Moderator
#49 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio
Precise said:
"Hawk said:
"For Some reason I think that's not Namor."
Who else could it be?"
His son.........ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

IDK......someone else.
#50 Posted by Precise (22883 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Precise said:
"Hawk said:
"For Some reason I think that's not Namor."
Who else could it be?"
That's what I was trying to figure out. Its not like Namor has alot of "look a likes" floating around."
Well i suppose you could say Colussus, he has the build.. but what's with the pointy ears and eyebrows then..

Hawk said:
"His son.........ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! IDK......someone else. "
Hm... his son died though..

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.