k4tzm4n's Dark Reign: The List - Avengers #1 - [untitled] review

We always knew Barton had anger issues...

Clint Barton is fed up with Norman Osborn...So what does he do about it? Just like any logical man, he gears up and heads over to Avengers Tower, in an attempt to KILL all of the Dark Avengers and of course, Tommy Lee Jones...er...Norman Osborn. Well, if you're looking for a no-brainer actionfest, you've come to the right place.

Barton may be hot headed, but he isn't dumb enough to believe basic firearms could take down Ares or Moonstone. But I didn't mention Sentry? Well, apparently he KNEW Sentry would just decide to leave at night....Yeah, he just knew. And this is where the violence begins. It's certainly entertaining and non-stop until the end of the issue, but a few things made no sense...For example, him shooting Bullseye only to say "too bad you'll heal"...Wait...what? Didn't he enter the building to KILL them? So why not put a bullet in his head? Also, the ending with Norman Osborn feels like a bit of a continuity error to me...He has a device here helping him out, but it was never displayed before this. Oh well, I suppose I'm just nitpicking on that one.

Despite me really bad-mouthing this issue, it was a short and enjoyable read, especially if you're just looking for action. The dialogue isn't anything exceptional, but there are a few laughs in the beginning and I enjoyed Barton's moment with Mockingbird. Also, the art by Djurdjevic is really top notch. His use of shading seems perfect and the facial expressions are shocking realisitc at times.

Fan of Clint Barton? Pick it up to see him at his best. Looking for some violence? Check it out. Looking for a great plot? Well, you can pass on this one.

Posted by The Black Hood

Here is my question I guess; not looking for spoilers or anything, but does this one shot really add anything to what we already know.  If Clint just goes into the tower, roughs everyone up and pisses them off it really doesn't further the story.  Osborn already hates Clint and Vice-Versa; so really what was the point?

Posted by k4tzm4n

Well, since you don't want a spoiler I can't really answer that question...Because it would reveal the ending ;)
Posted by themaskedhero

So what you're saying is that something involving the ending does in fact push the story further?

Posted by k4tzm4n

Clint Barton's story, yes...Which could in turn, involve the New Avengers.
Posted by Comiclove5

I thought I was the the only one that noticed Nomarn looks like Tommy Lee Jones.
Posted by InnerVenom123

Another "Gargan Fails" moment, Clint took him out by throwing him out a window while he was asleep.... reading a magazine with Songbird on the cover... *facepalm*
Posted by Morpheus_
@k4tzm4n said:

" If you take time to read my review, please leave input.  I'm trying to decide whether I should continue writing reviews...Obviously if no one reads them, I won't waste my time =) "

You should. The review pretty much reflects my feelings on that certain issue, to the point I don't have much to add here. And, we spend so much time debating battles, that we forget that this is what it's all about.

LMAO. I thought I was the only one who noticed.
Moderator
Posted by Ferro Vida

Technically he can't put a bullet in Bullseye's head because of the adamantium... :P

@Ferro Vida:
Valid point.  My gripe still remains with his remark after shooting him. "Too bad you'll heal".