Win A Thousand Dollars From Dark Horse

Posted by No_name_here (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

This has got to be the easiest contest in the history of comicdom and, having given comicdom the Ultimate Challenge, I think I can vouch for this kind of thing. Dark Horse is looking to both voice their love of comics and show a little appreciation for their fans through the “We Love Comics Too!” contest. All you, the fans, have to do is send a 7x11 300dpi photo of yourself to ilovecomics@darkhorse.com, along with your mailing address and a description of your occupation.

Appreciation can manifest in a simple hug, but if you can get by better with a good word and gun than just a good word alone (as Al Capone could say), I suppose Dark Horse can get by better with some appreciation and some cash than just some appreciation alone. That is to say that DH is offering a grand to the winner of this contest. I’m not entirely sure how it breaks down from their contest description. It seems like the winner will get featured in house ads, while runners up will only be featured in internet banners, Facebook pages and convention posters. Only the winner will get paid, though I’m not sure if there are going to be multiple winners. Everybody will get a caption stating their loves of comics, though.

Anyway, a thousand dollars can buy a lot of things. You can get around 330 comics, or around 50 trades for that amount. Or you can get 1000 cheesy double-beef buritoes at Taco Bell (which is how I always break down amounts of cash).

You know, I love comics, myself (if you hadn’t guessed) and I especially love Dark Horse’s stuff. Titles like SIN CITY, MARTHA WASHINGTON and HARD BOILED are some of my all-time favorites. However, I don't think I'll enter this contest.  I don’t think it’d be sporting for the rest of you.
== TEASER ==

Anyway, let’s let DH’s staff break this down for you… 

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia. Pre-order the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover now on Amazon.com.

#1 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

ELIGIBILITY: THE DARK HORSE TWITTER CONTEST (Contest) IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE CONTIGUOUS CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES, EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AS OF ENTRY DATE. 

Oh nuts... that US Residents Only rule caught me out yet again...
#2 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14425 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
"

ELIGIBILITY: THE DARK HORSE TWITTER CONTEST (Contest) IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE CONTIGUOUS CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES, EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AS OF ENTRY DATE. 

Oh nuts... that US Residents Only rule caught me out yet again... "
what kitty said
#3 Posted by uroboros (140 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
"

ahhhhhh crap...we love comics in the rest of the world
#4 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not 18 yet. Crap. >_> August you just can't get here fast enough...

#5 Posted by Paragon (7293 posts) - - Show Bio
@lazystudent said:
" @xerox-kitty said:
"

what kitty said "
what lazy said.
#6 Posted by jamdown (294 posts) - - Show Bio

i love comics for the ACTION!!!!!!!!
#7 Posted by Shanana (53023 posts) - - Show Bio

Did you just Spam, a staffer's thread lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.