wmwadeii's Dark Engine #2 review

Dark Engine #2 Review

See the Review Rating Overview page on my blog for more information on how I rate each comic.

• Cover & Solicit - 3/5
  • Art, Colors & Inking - 3/5 - Weighted Double
  • Layout & Flow - 3/5
  • Story - 3/5 - Weighted Triple

Verdict - 3 (6/10)

I really want to like this series. John Bivens' art is interesting and fits the story that Ryan Burton is trying to tell. The problem still lies in the actual story we are reading. This issue does better in fleshing out the story, but not enough IMO. We are told a story of a tribe worshiping Sym, before it goes back to her creators and learn about poison spores instead of Sym or the Death Engine. I hope things change next issue, or I for one will be dropping this series.

- For my FULL thoughts and previews of this issue, see the Dark Engine #2 Review at Images Unplugged.