#4 Edited by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"Norman Osborne-Iron Patriot

Eddie Brock-Venom

Bullseye-Hawkeye

Daken-Wolverine

Songbird-Ms. Marvel

just a theory though"
a very very very very very good one.........now that I think about it, are there any Thunderbolts issues coming out next year?
#5 Posted by Black Jack (162 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:

Eddie Brock-Venom

Bullseye-Hawkeye

Daken-Wolverine

Songbird-Ms. Marvel

just a theory though"
a good one too
#7 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
DMC said:
"Nighthunter said:

Eddie Brock-Venom

Bullseye-Hawkeye

Daken-Wolverine

Songbird-Ms. Marvel

just a theory though"
a very very very very very good one.........now that I think about it, are there any Thunderbolts issues coming out next year?"
yeah, but it could be another roster, like Zemo again as the leader while keeping guys like Radioactive man and Swordman
#8 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

"sigh" never fast enough...oh well

#9 Posted by Darkchild (41040 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:

Eddie Brock-Venom

Bullseye-Hawkeye

Daken-Wolverine

Songbird-Ms. Marvel

just a theory though"
Who would be teh greatest hero in the marvel universe of that roster?

"What he does isn't very nice"Norman

"Back in black."Eddie

"Not such a straight arrow."Bullseye/Daken

"Men fear a powerful woman."Songbird

"The greatest hero in the Marvel Universe."
#10 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
Darkchild said:
"Nighthunter said:

Eddie Brock-Venom

Bullseye-Hawkeye

Daken-Wolverine

Songbird-Ms. Marvel

just a theory though"

"Back in black."Eddie

"
norman is an egomaniac so...
#11 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"DMC said:
"Nighthunter said:

Eddie Brock-Venom

Bullseye-Hawkeye

Daken-Wolverine

Songbird-Ms. Marvel

just a theory though"
a very very very very very good one.........now that I think about it, are there any Thunderbolts issues coming out next year?"
yeah, but it could be another roster, like Zemo again as the leader while keeping guys like Radioactive man and Swordman"
Songbird would be more likely to be with the "good" T-bolts. Moonstone is the more likely candidate for "Dark Avenger" If you ask me.
#12 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
Slinger said:
"Nighthunter said:
"DMC said:
"Nighthunter said:

Eddie Brock-Venom

Bullseye-Hawkeye

Daken-Wolverine

Songbird-Ms. Marvel

just a theory though"
yeah, but it could be another roster, like Zemo again as the leader while keeping guys like Radioactive man and Swordman"
Songbird would be more likely to be with the "good" T-bolts. Moonstone is the more likely candidate for "Dark Avenger" If you ask me."
point
#13 Posted by Darkchild (41040 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"Darkchild said:
"Nighthunter said:

Eddie Brock-Venom

Bullseye-Hawkeye

Daken-Wolverine

Songbird-Ms. Marvel

just a theory though"

"Back in black."Eddie

"
norman is an egomaniac so..."
Ok point
#14 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27658 posts) - - Show Bio
Darkchild said:
"Nighthunter said:

Eddie Brock-Venom

Bullseye-Hawkeye

Daken-Wolverine

Songbird-Ms. Marvel

just a theory though"

"What he does isn't very nice"
"
that one most likely refers to whoevers in the  Wolverine suti...cause it's kinda his catchphrase...
#15 Posted by Vance Astro (91287 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:

Eddie Brock-Venom

Bullseye-Hawkeye

Daken-Wolverine

Songbird-Ms. Marvel

just a theory though"
I think Ms.Marvel is more likely Moonstone because she is blonde and Songbird has white hair with a pink streak.Songbird is the only actual hero on the Thunderbolts as well besides Penance.
#16 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

I had forgotten about Moonstone lol, typed as the names came to mind and for a minute thought that songbird was the only female in the team

#17 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio
Darkchild said:
"Who would be teh greatest hero in the marvel universe of that roster?"

"What he does isn't very nice" Reference to Wolverine being the "Best at what I do."  I doubt that this is Daken, but we'll see how 'Original Sin' turns out. I think if they go true T-bolts, this'll be Swordsman.

"Back in black." Obvious reference to the recent Spider-Man arc. Eddie is logical since he recently turned white, and the symbiot didn't let Gargan kill him. I would rather see Gargan retain the symbiot though, or see it destroyed. I'm very sick of Venom.

"Not such a straight arrow." Bullseye is logical since he's a marksman.

"Men fear a powerful woman." I'm thinking Moonstone. I think that she's a little more powerful than Songbird, and more likely to run with the others that we're assuming are in the group.

"The greatest hero in the Marvel Universe." I can see Norman taking this position, but since he is such an egomaniac, I would imagine it a struggle to trade in the Goblin persona. It could be someone else.

It would be cool if they brought back the "classic" T-bolts. I would love to see Zemo/V, Beetle, and co., all back in action. Possibly as an antithesis to the Dark Avengers, we'll see.
#18 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Swordman doesn't have claws...

And bendis has said that he has interest in Daken (two dimensional writer and two dimensional character makes a logical team)

#19 Edited by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27658 posts) - - Show Bio

posted this in another thread, thought it was kinda interesting and weird

IGN:

Sadly Brevoort couldn't say too much, but he did offer the following quote: "Who are the Dark Avengers? That's the question that all of Marveldom is going to be asking as Secret Invasion gives way to Dark Reign. Are they clones? Doppelgangers? Future Echoes? Or something more immediate and horrifying? And once their identity is revealed, that will only propel the Marvel Universe onto a path that will carry it forward towards an inevitable, explosive climax."

#20 Edited by Vance Astro (91287 posts) - - Show Bio
Dopplegangers is a possibility.
#21 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27658 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
"posted this in another thread, thought it was kinda interesting and weird

IGN:

Sadly Brevoort couldn't say too much, but he did offer the following quote: "Who are the Dark Avengers? That's the question that all of Marveldom is going to be asking as Secret Invasion gives way to Dark Reign. Are they clones? Doppelgangers? Future Echoes? Or something more immediate and horrifying? And once their identity is revealed, that will only propel the Marvel Universe onto a path that will carry it forward towards an inevitable, explosive climax.""
Someone posted this in Fesak's thread."
yeah...me
#22 Edited by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"Swordman doesn't have claws...

And bendis has said that he has interest in Daken (two dimensional writer and two dimensional character makes a logical team)"
Daken's claws aren't really anything like those one's though, and anyone can put on gloves with claws on them, and Swordsman is a bladed weapons expert. The main reason I would say it isn't Daken though, is because he doesn't fit the T-Bolts paradigm, unless Original Sin ends with Daken joining the T-Bolts. If "Wolverine" is Daken, I would say that it would bring into question the rest of the team being T-Bolts characters.
#23 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Dopplegangers is a possibility."
that idea sucks lol
#24 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
Slinger said:
"Nighthunter said:
"Swordman doesn't have claws...

And bendis has said that he has interest in Daken (two dimensional writer and two dimensional character makes a logical team)"
Daken's claws aren't really anything like those one's though, and anyone can put on gloves with claws on them, and Swordsman is a bladed weapons expert. The main reason I would say it isn't Daken though, is because he doesn't fit the T-Bolts paradigm, unless Original Sin ends with Daken joining the T-Bolts. If "Wolverine" is Daken, I would say that it would bring into question the rest of the team being T-Bolts characters."
then again he is using the brown and yellow costume, the costume that for some stupid reason is only used in "Wolverine Origins"
#25 Posted by Vance Astro (91287 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Dopplegangers is a possibility."
that idea sucks lol"
It does.
#26 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

then again Quesada still has his job...

#27 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"then again he is using the brown and yellow costume, the costume that for some stupid reason is only used in "Wolverine Origins""
It's just the classic costume. In Origins they give a reason why he's wearing it, but I forget exactly why or in which issue it was noted. He's in the Yellow and blue in that book now, and about to showdown with Daken again. I wont rule Daken out completely until Original Sin is over, but he's not on top of my "Wolverine" list.

Just before 'The Other' in Amazing Spider-Man, the New Avengers fought a bunch of Avengers clones, this could be a similar kind of deal. This may actually be more likely, as I imagine it could be difficult to get a group of villains to dress up in the costumes of their nemeses.
#28 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey i remember reading somewhere (either CBR or Newsarama) that there will be 1 "founding member"/leader...from the previous Avenger teams on these 3 Avengers teams....so that would negate the Thunderbolts theory....that and the upcomming Thunderbolts issues.

How about this Idea.....could it be possible that the DA members are heroes who were replaced by skrulls? Wouldn't be surprised if Hank Pym was Iron Patriot....buuut that would be a stretch

#29 Edited by j0k3rm4n (24 posts) - - Show Bio

It does make sense those Dark Avengers will be T-Bolts, actually. I don't know if any of you guys read Ms. Marvel v2 #31, but here's a little spoiler for those who didn't:

(SPOILER)
When Carol goes back home to visit his sick father, she's seemingly powerless...her mother even asks why she didn't get there flying by herself. And she did put the blame on Osborn, by the way she said she wanted to kill him.

But how that will really play is a mystery...

#30 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
DMC said:
"Hey i remember reading somewhere (either CBR or Newsarama) that there will be 1 "founding member"/leader...from the previous Avenger teams on these 3 Avengers teams....so that would negate the Thunderbolts theory....that and the upcomming Thunderbolts issues.

How about this Idea.....could it be possible that the DA members are heroes who were replaced by skrulls? Wouldn't be surprised if Hank Pym was Iron Patriot....buuut that would be a stretch"
It was Dan Slott who will become the new writer of mighty avengers, he said that Mighty Avengers would have a founding member, but the dark avengers are a mystery
#31 Edited by Vance Astro (91287 posts) - - Show Bio
j0k3rm4n said:

(SPOILER)
When Carol goes back home to visit his sick father, she's seemingly powerless...her mother even asks why she didn't get there flying by herself. And she did put the blame on Osborn, by the way she said she wanted to kill him.

But how that will really play is a mystery..."
Carol wasn't powerless.She didn't fly because her mother doesn't want her being Ms.Marvel.
#32 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio
j0k3rm4n said:
"It does make sense those Dark Avengers will be T-Bolts, actually. I don't know if any of you guys read Ms. Marvel v2 #31, but here's a little spoiler for those who didn't:

(SPOILER)

but if you check on Marvel.com there are T-Bolt issues comming.......unless it's a new T-bolt roster
#33 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"DMC said:
"Hey i remember reading somewhere (either CBR or Newsarama) that there will be 1 "founding member"/leader...from the previous Avenger teams on these 3 Avengers teams....so that would negate the Thunderbolts theory....that and the upcomming Thunderbolts issues.

How about this Idea.....could it be possible that the DA members are heroes who were replaced by skrulls? Wouldn't be surprised if Hank Pym was Iron Patriot....buuut that would be a stretch"
It was Dan Slott who will become the new writer of mighty avengers, he said that Mighty Avengers would have a founding member, but the dark avengers are a mystery"
oh ok....thanks
#34 Posted by j0k3rm4n (24 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"j0k3rm4n said:

(SPOILER)

Carol wasn't powerless.She didn't fly because her mother doesn't want her being Ms.Marvel."
But the way her mother asks her after why she didn't flew ("are your abilities...your powers...are you --") and how quickly she changed subject afterwards ("tell me about dad") made me suspicious...
And what other reason could be enough to make Carol really want to kill someone if this one did not have some part in that kind of predicament?
#35 Posted by Vance Astro (91287 posts) - - Show Bio
j0k3rm4n said:
"Vance Astro said:
"j0k3rm4n said:

(SPOILER)

Carol wasn't powerless.She didn't fly because her mother doesn't want her being Ms.Marvel."
But the way her mother asks her after why she didn't flew ("are your abilities...your powers...are you --") and how quickly she changed subject afterwards ("tell me about dad") made me suspicious...
And what other reason could be enough to make Carol really want to kill someone if this one did not have some part in that kind of predicament?"
Well....
1.She doesn't like to talk about being Ms.Marvel with her mother,because her mother never wanted her to do it in the first place which is why they don't get along.
2.Regular Carol Danvers has no chance of killing Norman Osborne.

You know what though.I wont say for sure my theory is correct.Your theory is definitely a possibility.Ms.Marvel hasn't been Ms.Marvel since Issue 30.
#36 Edited by j0k3rm4n (24 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"j0k3rm4n said:
"Vance Astro said:
"j0k3rm4n said:

(SPOILER)

And what other reason could be enough to make Carol really want to kill someone if this one did not have some part in that kind of predicament?"
Well....
1.She doesn't like to talk about being Ms.Marvel with her mother,because her mother never wanted her to do it in the first place which is why they don't get along.
2.Regular Carol Danvers has no chance of killing Norman Osborne.

You know what though.I wont say for sure my theory is correct.Your theory is definitely a possibility.Ms.Marvel hasn't been Ms.Marvel since Issue 30.
"
My thoughts exactly...and you were right: my theory was wrong. It seems she's not powerless, but she can't use her powers for some particular reason. And the reason why is still unknown, but probably it has something to do with the "Ascension" thingy. I just wanted to know what kind of role the Dark Avengers will play in all of that...

New Avengers #50 50/50 cover

And guys...at least, it seems pretty obvious that Daken is "Dark Wolverine" considering the cover and all...but the others besides Marvel Boy, Ares and Sentry are still a mystery to me! Any guesses?
#37 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
A very powerful looking team!

Meet...THE DARK AVENGERS!
#38 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
StrongestOneThereIs said:
"A very powerful looking team!

"
May be more powerful than the Mighty Avengers.
#39 Posted by Nitric (948 posts) - - Show Bio

The more and more I hear about this, the less I'm starting to hate it.

Originally, I though this was probably the stupidest Idea I'd ever heard of... But now.. I'm really interested to see how all these new teams work together, and with eachother...

Couple things:

1. If Norman isn't Iron Patriot.. is there any other guesses at who it could be?
2. I REALLLLYYYYY hope that's Bullseye as Hawkeye and not Swordsman.. unless Bullseye will still have a big role somewhere else.
3. I hope this Venom isn't Eddie Brock... but it really can't be Mac judging by these depictions.. that's lame.
4. Why would Sentry and Ares be on this team?!?

#40 Posted by Nighthunter Earth-1974 (109 posts) - - Show Bio

Swordsman is dead

#41 Posted by Nitric (948 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter Earth-1974 said:
"Swordsman is dead"
Really? He was just in the latest issue of Thunderbolts....
#42 Posted by thunderbolt (2357 posts) - - Show Bio
Nitric said:
"Nighthunter Earth-1974 said:
"Swordsman is dead"
Really? He was just in the latest issue of Thunderbolts...."
He died in Secret Invaison: Dark Reign
#43 Posted by Thomas Lee Jamison (905 posts) - - Show Bio

i think that Iron Patriot is really the man who plays War Machine........fits to me..

#44 Posted by Partizan (28 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it is those who work in Norman. Perhaps someone from Thunderrbolts, someone just revenge heroes. For example Black Spider-man is Brock.

#45 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"StrongestOneThereIs said:
"A very powerful looking team!

"
May be more powerful than the Mighty Avengers."

Dude thats way too strong a team I mean there rolling with 4 powerhouses if you count Starks TEch  (Iron suits) as a powerhouse. I dont know what the Marvel Woman can do but she too may be a powerhouse

New avengers needs some major power to hang They could have used Wonder man.......whats happened to him?
The Mighty avengers may be able to match this team we need to see there final roster.
#46 Posted by DFChewie (150 posts) - - Show Bio

My theory:

Iron Patriot - Norman Osborn ("The greatest hero in the Marvel Universe" - after SI, the world loves him, see?)

"Dark Wolverine" - Daken ("What he does isn't very nice")

Venom / "Dark Spider-Man" - Eddie Brock ("Back in black" - can't be Gargan, he's already in black, and it isn't Spider-Man)

Hawkeye - Clint Barton ("Not such a straight arrow" - also, Bendis of someone said somewhere, in Wizard I think, that Barton picking up Kate Bishop's bow in SI would signal him returning to being Hawkeye)

Ms. Marvel - NOT Carol Danvers, she's in the pic along with Ms. Marvel (also, "Men fear a powerful woman")

Noh-Varr, maybe even calling himself Marvel Boy or Captain Marvel

Sentry

Ares

any thoughts?

#47 Posted by Marvel Knight (1270 posts) - - Show Bio
DFChewie said:
"My theory:

Iron Patriot - Norman Osborn ("The greatest hero in the Marvel Universe" - after SI, the world loves him, see?)

"Dark Wolverine" - Daken ("What he does isn't very nice")

Venom / "Dark Spider-Man" - Eddie Brock ("Back in black" - can't be Gargan, he's already in black, and it isn't Spider-Man)

Hawkeye - Clint Barton ("Not such a straight arrow" - also, Bendis of someone said somewhere, in Wizard I think, that Barton picking up Kate Bishop's bow in SI would signal him returning to being Hawkeye)

Ms. Marvel - NOT Carol Danvers, she's in the pic along with Ms. Marvel (also, "Men fear a powerful woman")

Noh-Varr, maybe even calling himself Marvel Boy or Captain Marvel

Sentry

Ares

any thoughts?"
SPOILERS!
Iron Patriot - Very good possibility
Daken - Confirmed
Venom: Probably Mac still, would be lame if its Eddie since he is going around as Anti-Venom. My favorite picks though are Gabriel Stacy, Ben Reilly, or Kane
Hawkeye - Clint is Ronin on New Avengers still, but its a very strong possibility that its Bullseye.
Ms. Marvel - Carol is on the New Avengers, most popular pick is Moonstone. Another choice is Ultra Girl because of the uniform.
Noh-Varr- Is on the team, it was hinted that he will be going as Captain Marvel, but not confirmed yet
Sentry - Yes
Ares - Yes
#48 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure no one has mentioned his name, my pic is waaaay out of left field.

Could Iron Patriot be Wonder Man? Is he being forced, once again to work for the "man"?

Though it's unlikely his name was in MS Dark Reign, it would be cool if it was him, it would show that Marvel cares and NO ONE would see it coming. If not Marvel's gotta do something with this guy. He can't be a C-lister forever. Can't have all that "power" go to waste.

#49 Posted by Nitric (948 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree. That would be really cool. But, don't you think the suit would actually hinder his abilities?

#50 Posted by The Rookie (3126 posts) - - Show Bio

When does the comic hit stores?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.