Follow

Dark Avengers

Team » Dark Avengers appears in 445 issues.

Originally an idea concocted by Norman Osborn, the "Dark Avengers" were Osborn's own personal counterpart to the Avengers. The team has since become independent from Osborn's visions and mad quest for power.

Off My Mind: Can the Dark Avengers be Turned into Heroes?

• 82 results
    thanobomb1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By thanobomb1124

Interesting

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Yeah Covington and Decapitator are ones I would definitely have to watch out for the most on the team should they have to be on at all. The ones that could be potential baddies I see in Ragnarok, who can easily have circuits rewired, and Barney who just is unpredictable. No, its best to have Skaar as one who can keep them in line, for not only with the power of gamma rays but the Oldpower can he do serious damage to the others. It will be interesting to see how this works out

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By iaconpoint

@Illuminatus said:

Of course Thor would mind if Ragnarok was active. Have any of you read a comic with Thor and Ragnarok? Thor detests the idea of a pseudo-clone of himself that honestly believes it is Thor going around and performing acts of "heroism".

What you said. Thor beat the crap out of Tony for his part in creating Ragnarok and if he'll throw down on Tony, he'll throw down on just about everyone else with the exception of Steve.

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#54  Edited By Darkmount1

Out of all of them, I only see Barney actually seeing the light...but I'd like it more if he dropped the whole archer shtick. One bow-slinging Barton is enough.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By ImperiousRix

I was really interested with the first Dark Avengers team, but I feel like doing this thing again is going back to the well one too many times.

I suppose only time will tell, but I'm getting a bit tired of villain and anti-hero teams.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By super2j

?? is this a comic i can read now? what dark avengers actually looks pretty sick! especially that hulk (his son?). are the story lines any good?

Calico5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Calico5

Together as a team no way. As one or two solo good guys, maybe.

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#58  Edited By SpidermanWins

Ragnarok is going to be on the team? Just wait until Hercules hears about this...

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#59  Edited By JonesDeini

@THEBlaqueBasterd said:

........................... LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME.. ahem.. pardon the outburst &excuse me while i go find a dead horse to start beating - __ -

Only bones are left, enjoy stomping on the bones...if Marvel hasn't picked them clean yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1
    deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

robo thor skaar and clints brother once he gets over himself, would be great heroes, and I have a feeling theyll take a turn most especially with hawkeyes bro, and make the sibling rivalry thing less about killing each other

Avatar image for deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1
    deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well, robo thor, hes all programming, so I can see him being good as easily as flipping a switch from bad to good would be for tony stark, Pym, or mr.fantastic.

I think clints brother just has a chip on his shoulder, and wants to just prove that he's as good as his mega famous brother with the hot girlfriend and friends like captain america and iron man. Once he decides to out do him career wise, than he'll be a real competition for his brother. but from a writers p.o.v., he makes a pretty good antagonist for hawkeye, but could be utilized in ways besides getting his butt kicked by Hawkeye.

Skaar, well its pretty obvious, being he was already and undercover avenger.

the others I just don;t think can be trusted, rotten to the core types.

Ganthetsward20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#62  Edited By Ganthetsward20

For the question of whose crazier: the team, the gov't or Luke cage? I kinda have to pick on Luke Cage, yeah your bad ass dude but what makes you so sure you have any control over these 'monsters' they are known for being bad. Just because you changed your ways doesn't mean you can go changing others with your inspiring story. Maybe I'm being harsh. I haven't read the book so I'm assuming he's taken (or at least the gov't) precautions against a possible coup by the team. But this just screams "BAD IDEA" Not creatively of course. I think a team like this is a creative idea and they aren't the same as the previous one. But I believe Norman is behind it and why anyone would trust him in anyway is beyond me.

ahgunsillyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By ahgunsillyo

@CaioTrubat said:

No. I was sick and tired of them like everything in Dark Reign.

I agree. How dumb must the general public in the Marvel Universe be if they can be swindled not once, but twice by that creepy Tommy Lee Jones version of Norman Osborn* and his fake Avengers, whom they always inexplicably believe are the real Avengers? "Hey, this Spider-Man has that black costume costume again and six arms! He must be the same guy!" Really?

Honestly, I'd like to see an issue of What If...? where every story was "What if... <insert character name here> killed the Skrull Queen?" What would have happened if Wolverine killed the Skrull Queen? Then he would get put in charge of S.H.I.E.L.D. Maybe then humans would finally trust mutants because, hey, if the public can completely trust a criminally-insane convicted felon, why not a hairy mutant?

*By the way, thanks, Mike Deodato, Jr., for ruining my views and memories of both Gwen Stacy and Tommy Lee Jones. I'll never be able to watch and enjoy Men In Black EVER AGAIN.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#64  Edited By fodigg

Can the various Avengers teams get unique names?

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
    GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By GrandSymbiote94

Well you have a psychotic human eating spider monster running around with a crazy clone of Thor.... 

THINK ABOUT IT.

Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Dedpool

Barney I can see actually taking a liking to this. He was FBI before he went bad, and always wanted to work with his brother. I can see Trickshot being very valuable, in both skill and tactics. Also didn't know Dark Scarlet Witch was staying on, just Skaar, Ragnarok, and "Spidey" But I see these guys being mixed with the rest of the other tema when they return.

WolfMan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By WolfMan91

I think if the Dark Avengers were to be heroes...I'd think they'd be one of those teams that don't mind crossing the line, kinda like and from what I've heard, X-Force. Now I haven't read many Marvel and I'm barely beginning this year (include dramatic music along with gasping from people's response lol) but yeah, I believe they'd be heroes like The Punisher, that don't feel any different from drawing blood in their fights

bunkerbuster05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By bunkerbuster05

I might be in the minority, but I personally loved Dark Reign. I'm a big Green Goblin fan, so any chance for crazy ass Norman to be front and center has me interested. I generally like villains better, so that could be it too.

We already have the Thunderbolts, I don't really want another villains-turned-heroes team.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
    SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#69  Edited By SupremeHyperion

I don't think all of the characters in the book would ever become heros, and I do hope this is just a short change from the Thunderbolt title as that was easily my favorite book and i'd hate to see it go the way of renamed renaming.

Skaar does seem a little strange for the group and a thor clone? I think they could have dug deeper and got some really cool characters out of the vault.

Bitchgurl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Bitchgurl

LOL, I agree with Illuminatus !!! This is indeed another crap Benids story that does not need to be told. This guy is KILLING all interest with The Avengers for me.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Jorgevy

this reminds me of the Suicide Squad

Bitchgurl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Bitchgurl

fodiggon March 27, 2012 at 7:46 a.m.Can the various Avengers teams get unique names? OK, Team That Shows The Company Has NO Clue How to Market Anymore (New Avengers), Team That Will Have It's Title Ended Withinn A Year (Dark Avengers), Team That USED to Be Great, Now Blows (Avengers) How is that,lol?

loganchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By loganchild

@GrandSymbiote94: well said

Unknown_Blitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Unknown_Blitz

I will definitely be reading the first few issues as the Parker/Walker duo has been awesome on Thunderbolts since Siege. Ghost has become one of my absolute favorite characters, and the time travel stories were just great with Walker re-designing their 'period' costumes as they went (my personal favorite being Moonstone's golden age costume). I sincerely hope the Thunderbolts as they have been and are (Songbird, Ghost, etc.) are not simply going to disappear. If that is the case then I feel like one of the best books out there is ending soon.

grevous11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By grevous11

I'm just commenting to get a quest...

Solarflare32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Solarflare32

What ever happened to Juggernaut

fivestarga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By fivestarga

I swear, to me it just seems like Luke Cage is a part of

Marvel’s very own affirmative action. That guy being a leader of the avengers

or Thunderbolts has never felt right to me. Being the warden of some super

prison, that seems like a good fit; but leading a team over someone like Ms

Marvel? Come on!

Hollatchaboiy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Hollatchaboiy

Geez... Marvel writing has been horrendous lately..

Apis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#79  Edited By Apis

How about we try keeping badguys, BADGUYS; you know for a change of pace.

Avatar image for herokiller12344
    Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Herokiller12344

Of course not you idiot, it's the DARK Avengers. In the freaking name.

Crackdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Crackdown

Trickshot's name in actuality is Charles Bernard Barton. Despite the fact that he abbreviated his middle name and refers to himself that way, his page needs to be changed to that name

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#82  Edited By Teerack

I hope they all become anti heroes. There are a ton of anti heroes in comics but pretty much no teams of anti heroes. Sense they have no Black Widow I really hope they find and rescue Yelena Belova from that pod that Osborn was storing her in before the new writer took over and forgot about that plot -_-

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.