Dark Avengers #2, I See Some Feet!

Posted by G-Man (34045 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel a tiny bit let down from issue #1.  But there were some good things.

Do you think it's keeping up its momentum?  Why are we supposed to care about Doom and Morgana?
Staff
#1 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

LOLOLOL. Despite the major lack of action and the seemingly odd placed Morgan/Doom show down, i enjoyed the issue as well. Mainly Because of Bullseye and Karla's "ha ha" moments. This just has me more excited for a major knock out drag out fight in issue 3!

#2 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL, I rather look at "other things" too

#3 Posted by danisgod6491 (97 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Morgan and Doom were like Lovers. I mean last time i seen her she was all sad because doom didn't come back for her because he got beat and arrested by the Mighty Avengers.

#4 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

He used her to gain power!

#5 Posted by Erik (32787 posts) - - Show Bio

I noticed G-Man that when you read for the villains, you usually use a southern accent. Are all badies cowboys? 

#6 Posted by danhimself (22542 posts) - - Show Bio

isn't bullseye irish or is that just the movie version?  i liked how it seems like norman is actually trying to be a good guy...i liked this issue more then the first

#7 Posted by G-Man (34045 posts) - - Show Bio
erik said:
"I noticed G-Man that when you read for the villains, you usually use a southern accent. Are all badies cowboys? "
Someone said they liked the hillbilly accent and since I didn't put any in the Nightwing review, I thought I'd bring it back.  You know that Bullseye, he's so wacky, he likes to talk like that just for kicks.
Staff
#8 Posted by The Morningstar (159 posts) - - Show Bio

Good review G-Man... I was on the fence if I should get into Dark Reign, but I think I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

#9 Posted by danisgod6491 (97 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man, in this one you remind of just one big kid.

#10 Posted by Mr Mofo (354 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that your yard or did you sneak onto someone's property?

#11 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, I got just the left speaker workin'

Finally, some fresh air!!!

#12 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

"I See Some Feet!"

#13 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm my thoughts on this issue, theres an easy outcome, Doom does it with Morgana again as a "Sorry" end of story.

#14 Edited by CosmicSpiral (5471 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think we're supposed to care about Doom. I mean, the Mighty Avengers wouldn't have given two shits about Doom's romantic problems but they would have went in to protect the people from Morgan. We're supposed to be watching Norman's alliances fuck him over because he made deals with some shady characters (Doom, Loki, the Hood and even Namor) and now he has to live up to them. The Avengers can't survive with psychopathic members like Venom and Bullseye and having to live up to alliances with the Hood (head of the largest criminal organization in the world) and Loki. Plus, this is coinciding with Loki's plan to move Asgard to Latveria so the consequences could be worse. 

Things are already starting out badly and it looks like the Mighty Avengers and/or the New Avengers might have to go and save them. And they are supposed to be fugitives. 

Whew. 
#15 Posted by Supershocker (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Man i would love to see the Sentry vs. Starman(from JSA) let's face it there both nearly invincible & could easly level a town or city or country bt themselves but there both cockoo in the head.
  i wonder if Marvel is ever gonna Sentry get ova his mental condition and give him his own ongoing series, he's too powerful to be wonderin' round the Marvel Universe. & give him his own rogue's gallery.

#16 Posted by King Saturn (224186 posts) - - Show Bio
Voidheart said:
""I See Some Feet!"

"
Ha Ha Ha
#17 Posted by lordraiden (7098 posts) - - Show Bio
Supershocker said:
"Man i would love to see the Sentry vs. Starman(from JSA) let's face it there both nearly invincible & could easly level a town or city or country bt themselves but there both cockoo in the head.
  i wonder if Marvel is ever gonna Sentry get ova his mental condition and give him his own ongoing series, he's too powerful to be wonderin' round the Marvel Universe. & give him his own rogue's gallery."

Read Luke Cage's quote from New Avengers #50: "Sentry's a sick man who should be committed. Somewhere off planet, preferably!" Now does this guy know what he's talking bout or what lol This, ladies and gentlemen, comming from Marvel themselves.
#18 Posted by Vance Astro (91230 posts) - - Show Bio

Did anyone see Venom eat Ares at the end or am I trippin?

#19 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

saw it.. his little legs were dangling

#20 Posted by G-Man (34045 posts) - - Show Bio

Little legs and...feet!

Staff
#21 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Daken's Mohawk stands perfectly straight up it looks like it may hang off to the side. (And laughing my ass off at the hillbilly accent of Bullseye. Who knew)

#22 Posted by G-Man (34045 posts) - - Show Bio

It's still sticking up pretty much for having worn a skin tight mask.

And Red L.A.M.P. kinda teased me about my Hawk impression in the G.I. Joe review.

Staff
#23 Posted by Vance Astro (91230 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"I don't think Daken's Mohawk stands perfectly straight up it looks like it may hang off to the side. (And laughing my ass off at the hillbilly accent of Bullseye. Who knew)
That accent is new.He didn't have that before.
#24 Posted by themaskedhero (264 posts) - - Show Bio

Was it what I expected after the first issue? No. But did it build on what we saw in the first issue? Yeah. It was slower, but the first issue covered a lot and revealed a lot. And it was good to see that Sentry and Ares were not happy with the Anti-Tony talk. But what with the stories yet to be told still in the future, I'm looking hopeful.

#25 Posted by G-Man (34045 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Gambler said:
"I don't think Daken's Mohawk stands perfectly straight up it looks like it may hang off to the side. (And laughing my ass off at the hillbilly accent of Bullseye. Who knew)
"
It's sorta what young Sabretooth talked like HERE.
Staff
#26 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Gambler said:
"
I meant G-Man using the accent for Bullseye. Its kind of a running joke I guess.
#27 Posted by TwilightThunder (246 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm. I read the second issue and and i didn't review it. As you said, dear G-Man, i don't friggin' care about Morgana's and Doom's Storyline, i'm reading the Avengers, FFS.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.