Follow

Dark Avengers

Team » Dark Avengers appears in 445 issues.

Originally an idea concocted by Norman Osborn, the "Dark Avengers" were Osborn's own personal counterpart to the Avengers. The team has since become independent from Osborn's visions and mad quest for power.

Dark Avengers #10 Reviewed

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Dark Avengers has pretty much always been a fun comic.  The idea of these douchey characters trying to pass themselves off as heroes a while also trying not to kill each other has been entertaining.  For a while it seemed like things were reaching a boiling point but with this issue...

I think I finally understand why everyone on the cover looks so shocked.  I'm not really sure what happened here.  I mean in terms of the excitement that I've had for the other issues.  I'm not saying it was a horrible issue.  It does have some good moments.  Something just really felt off to me.  The idea of the Dark Avengers traveling to Dinosaur, Colorado doesn't feel epic enough for them.  Sure the last two pages show us that something big is about to go down.  There's also the fact that Sentry gets wiped out...again.  How many times is that?  Also, didn't Sentry get half his head blown off last issue or did I miss something?  Too many comics to read and keep up with.  But I digress.

I'm curious to see what is going to happen with Norman.  We're all waiting for his sanity (what little of it there is) to explode.  The little preview for the next issue looks interesting.  I'm curious to see how long this team can stay together.  What will happen to them after Dark Reign?  As long as Bendis is writing and Deodato is drawing, I'll be hooked.  Is anyone else skeezed out over Ms. Marvel's actions here?
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

Still have the trippy opening, cutting to the chase......hahahaha now i get it.

Avatar image for hero_vs__villian
    hero vs. villian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By hero vs. villian

Seige will happen, and the this Dark Reign money grubbing crap will be over. And no I'm not shokced at Ms. Marvel's actions, because Bendis has always wanted to write her as a whore, and now he finally has. Moonstone has hit rock bottom, Benids has rock bottom just before Secret Invasion, and now at the end of Dark Reign he's found a way to keep going down further with misogynystic overtones. I can't wait to see what Marvel does after Siege. BREATH OF FRESH AIR!!! 
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3  Edited By FoxxFireArt

You seemed to struggle a bit in this review, G-Man. Trying to review the issue without spoiling anything. Your reviews normally just seem to have more detail.

Didn't Moonstar have a little thing going with the regular Hawkeye. Perhaps she's like Black Cat and just really likes the costume.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gmanfromheck

There really wasn't much that happened other than what I said.  I was struggling because I just wasn't feeling it like with past issues.

Citizen 14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Citizen 14

I thought this episode was okay. Mrs Marvel and Bullseye. ugh. she got rid of Noh-varr so why not Lester. 
    What Happened? I thought Sentry got Shot in the face!? WTH? 

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By InnerVenom123

HEY! WTF!??! Yeah, I just realized that plot-hole with Sentry also!!!! WTF?!?!?!!??! That woulda been an interesting follow-up!!! WTF BENDIS!?
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By iLLituracy

The last page sort of did it for me. The people who showed up piqued my interest especially Enchantress since she's been missing from the pages of Thor since it got it's reboot.

Nefilim927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Nefilim927
    @Citizen 14 said:
    "I thought this episode was okay. Mrs Marvel and Bullseye. ugh. she got rid of Noh-varr so why not Lester.  What Happened? I thought Sentry got Shot in the face!? WTH?  "

@InnerVenom123 said:
    "HEY! WTF!??! Yeah, I just realized that plot-hole with Sentry also!!!! WTF?!?!?!!??! That woulda been an interesting follow-up!!! WTF BENDIS!? "
    How do you just leave that out?? It looked like a pretty done deal too, then again Sentry always gets killed and comes back with no explanation 
    blackkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By blackkitty

Haven't read it and don't really plan to. Hate evil teams and hate Sentry more than I thought it was possible to hate any character. I hope he dies, but, I'm never that lucky. Power of a 1000 exploding suns and around for absolutely no reason other than Marvel needs a power house. Worst idea they ever had, turning this character into a mainstream one

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gmanfromheck

I actually forgot he got shot.  After I filmed the video I went back to my office and saw issue #9 on my desk.  Then I remembered that scene.  I wasn't sure if I just missed something, like some random crossover in some other series.  Sheesh.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @G-Man said:
    " There really wasn't much that happened other than what I said.  I was struggling because I just wasn't feeling it like with past issues. "
    That sounds reasonable. Best to go with what you feel then try and feign your regular enthusiasm. I just thought you were holding back, because you didn't want to spoil anything, plot-wise.
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @FoxxFireArt: I was holding back, my disappointment.
    mrduckluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mrduckluck

I agree with G-Man but something I have never seen is 5 of 5
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gmanfromheck
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#15  Edited By The_Martian

BRING NOH-VARR BACK! And stop freakin teasing me by putting him on covers he doesn't appear in!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @Nobody: Ms. Marvel/Moonstone must've really done a number on him.
    NXH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NXH

The shot of the dark avengers on their hover bikes, looks like something out of flash gordon lol
    victorvndoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By victorvndoom

i wanted more about ares troubles , why didnt they go with the carrier ? was it broke ? ws the budget cut ? were the chairs removed ? :p  what happened with Marvel Boy with that alien weapon ?
    ya he lost some power when the void left him; so does that make him more normal ?
    doesn t he got the power to blow up 5.000.000 suns ? like ironman once pointed 

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Didnt think it was that bad really, though the ending was very good

Dr. Detfink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#20  Edited By Dr. Detfink

Yea, I agree with G-man on this one. I want to like Dark Avengers, I really do but it doesn't make me feel this Dark Reign at all. It's really the poor man's T-bolts by Warren Ellis. This issue is particularly irritating because the Sentry gets taken off the board in almost the exact same fashion as he was during their tangle with Morgana Le Fay (even though that isn't who's in Dinosaur Colorado more of an old FF foe variety is my guess).  

If you really want to feel the Dark Reign world, Matt Fraction's Invincible Iron Man does it better.

Perhaps the only interesting element of the last few issues, Norman is slowly but surely cracking at the seems. I think Normie is slowly but surely realizing that he's bitten off more than he can chew.

I don't know if it's already been said but the fate of Marvel Boy is in the List: Wolverine.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#21  Edited By The_Martian
    @Dr. Detfink: Marvel Boy is supposed to appear in the List: Wolverine. But he is supposed to make his choice whether to be a hero or stay with Norman in Dark Avengers Annual.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#22  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @FoxxFireArt said:
    "Didn't Moonstar have a little thing going with the regular Hawkeye. Perhaps she's like Black Cat and just really likes the costume. "
    Moonstar or Moonstone? ;) 

@Nobody said:
    " BRING NOH-VARR BACK! And stop freakin teasing me by putting him on covers he doesn't appear in! "
    Somehow I knew you'd have spotted it :(
    zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23  Edited By zombietag

the video intro is good

Avatar image for the_sanguine_psychotic
    The Sanguine Psychotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, Sentry.  Everyone's favorite Superman rip-off.  It's okay, 'cause I pretty much hate the guy (Superman).

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By Mr. Wilson

I felt this was one of if not the best issue so far.  Sooooo much is happening in terms of character development.  A story doesn't have to feel epic to be good.
    Avatar image for anderson__agent_of_smith
    Anderson: Agent of SMITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I find it kind of ridiculous how they kill the Sentry off every other issue. What has it been? Three, four times now? It's almost funny.
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Media_Master

Seems like people don't like Sentry.

Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28  Edited By Nahero

i thought it was a back issue for some reason T~T
    kimmycat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By kimmycat

I hate the way Moonstone is acting. I mean yeah I get that Bullseye is dressed as Hawkeye and her and Hawkeye had a little thing but he is not Clint! Ugh so gross. The ending looked like next issue would be interesting though.

Kid_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Kid_Zombie

just wait and see how the rest of the story unfolds before u can say its not big enough. 
    I never understood the reviewing of issues, you are literally reviewing a chapter of an arc. I'd rather see a review of the full arc as a whole over a chapter personally.

Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#31  Edited By Namor1987

Who was on the throne & was that  big guy Cthon (the guy that possessed Quicksilver)?
    KJPPPimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By KJPPPimp

I agree with the review, this issue definitely threw me off. Huge plot-hole with Sentry getting his head blown off end of last ish only to not even be mentioned this one. I've learned to trust Bendis with this kind of thing since the whole Hank Pym/ Mighty Avengers thing when everyone thought he was writing the character wrong but he turned out to be a Skrull. I'm loving/hating the team/book at the same time but I guess that's kind of the point, right?

e9o14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By e9o14

This guy needs to decide what he likes and thinks is Ok.  1 second somethings good  the next its bad. Dude make your mind up. And while your at it make sense!

Speedy92286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Speedy92286

Pretty good review. I feel the same way with the series, to be honest. The first few issues were really good! The art is amazing and the writing isn't terrible. I don't know, but I also get the same "meh" feeling from this issue. Guess the mission they are on just seems pointless, and takes page time away from what's really interesting--Norman's breakdown.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.