Follow

Darick Robertson

Person » Darick Robertson is credited in 907 issues.

Darick W. Robertson is an American artist best known for his work on Transmetropolitan and The Boys.

LBCC '09: Darick Robertson (The Boys, Tranmetropolitan, Conan)

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

This was another fun interview.  Darick is a great guy.  He was the first artist to draw a picture for me way back before Comic Vine launched.  Not only is he a great artist ( The Boys, Transmetropolitan, etc) but he's also a taking on more writing jobs (check out his upcoming Conan story in December).  On top of that, the guy can sing as well.  Unfortunately, we did not capture his two song performance at the opening night party.  I asked him about the future for The Boys and how he felt about Transmetropolitan today.  Our conversation also went to his first project, Space Beaver.  If you're not sure who or what Space Beaver is, check out the video and look for the omnibus coming from Dynamite Entertainment (as well as his upcoming Conan story from Dark Horse).

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Vortex13

That was awesome.

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

Go read The Boys and Transmetropolitan if you have not and you are over 18.   

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Darick is back drawing the Boys! Finally I was getting a little tired of fill in artists
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gmanfromheck

I'm normally not the biggest Conan fan but I will definitely be checking out his book.  According to Dark Horse, it's on sale December 16, 2009.  40 pages for $3.50.  

Living legend Darick Robertson (The Boys, Transmetropolitan, Wolverine) focuses his powerful storytelling talents on Conan -- his favorite barbarian hero! In this "adult fable" that Robertson writes AND draws, Conan travels away from Cimmeria to search for a mercenary job that will bring him the fierce joy of battle and the spoils of war. Intrigued by a leader known as the "Mad King of Gaul," Conan joins a band of brutes who are defending the Aquilonian border from incursions and who enjoy living in a lush valley that the Mad King claims for his own. These warriors soon believe that Conan may be a more fitting successor to their leader than the supposed king's own son -- setting Conan on a potentially disastrous course!

Taking place between the Cimmeria and Black Colossus story arcs in the Conan the Cimmerian monthly series, this issue is perfect for both longtime readers and for intrigued fans looking for a dynamic one-shot punch from the visceral and cerebral Darick Robertson.

Sounds good to me.
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @aztek the lost: Ha ha, you'll have to watch (and LISTEN) to the interview.
    Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Darkchild

I am offically jealous of you Gman....hes a awesome artist and u got to interview him...u suck

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @Darkchild said:
    " I am offically jealous of you Gman....hes a awesome artist and u got to interview him...u suck "
    Thanks!  :D
    Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Darkchild
    @G-Man said:
    " @Darkchild said:
    " I am offically jealous of you Gman....hes a awesome artist and u got to interview him...u suck "
    Thanks!  :D "

Wish i had the money to get to that Con,, again u guys suck for getting awesome interviews
    No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#11  Edited By No_Name_

Darick is possibly one of the nicest guys in the industry. And his kids (and wife) are beautiful

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Darkchild

I bet he is, damn one of the few people id go to a convention to see an talk with. 

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Darkchild

I agree with Darick, Transmet ended awesomely and i dont see another need for anymore. ID LOVE!!!! to see more of Spider an Transmet but i think it ended well

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By Media_Master

Nice hat!

WebElf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By WebElf

This comment will only make sense to those who watched the interview with Darick.

That having been said.. ....behold.. ....THE BEAR.     

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Sparda

Robertson's art looks perfect for Conan! I love it! The story sounds great too. I'm really looking forward to Weight of the Crown now.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.