inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided
    Shadowland continues! Daredevil has just committed an unspeakable act for a hero, and the Hand has declared martial law on Hell's Kitchen. 

WARNING: Minor Spoilers discussed within review for those who have not read Shadowland #1.

The Good

Before I discuss the details I always discuss in almost every formulaic review I put up here, I have to talk about something that blew me away in this issue. A little less than half way through the book is one of the coolest splash pages in recent comic book history. It depicts Daredevil's new brand of justice, as well as the Hand. This splash page is better than 90% of the covers I've seen in the past 10 years. If you've read it, and you can't figure out what I'm talking about for some reason, here's a hint "thief." Anyway, the writing is incredibly engaging, and I've really been digging on the art. What most excites me, which I originally thought I'd hate, is Daredevil going bad. It really works out pretty cool in this issue.

The Bad

There's two ways this book will end: Daredevil will break free from the Hand's control or Daredevil will die, only to come back a few years later. I'm pretty sure he won't stay in control of the Hand, and thinking about that makes me a little mad. Everything always has to go back to normalcy. I know I'm getting a little off-track though... Another thing I don't like about this issue is Foggy Nelson. He is one of my least favorite supporting characters. Every time he talks I want to reach into the comic, slap him, and tell him to go away forever. I keep thinking that Bulleye's death was a little gimmicky. I understand that it's less about his death and more about the change in Daredevil, but it feels like we'll be seeing him again. Probably in like 6 months or so.

The Verdict 4.5/5

I stopped reading this book right before Diggle took over. Daredevil bored me. However, this storyline has given me a new reason to love this book and character. I'm incredibly surprised that I'm enjoying this since it seemed gimmicky to me more than anything, but I highly recommend this book, and this issue. Jump on it now before it sells out and you're stuck waiting for it in trade!
    N7_Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By N7_Normandy

can't wait to read it

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Magian

Do you really think they will kill Daredevil?

ninjadude853

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By ninjadude853

all those promos say that this is "The Birth of the Marvel Universes Greatest Villain" 

i'm betting that daredevil is gonna be evil for a few years after this

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @ComicMan24 said:
    " Do you really think they will kill Daredevil? "
    It's a good possibility
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Magian
    @inferiorego said:
    " @ComicMan24 said:
    It's a good possibility "
    Well, I don't think so. I'm not saying they won't do it, as you said, it's possible. I think he will stop being Daredevil or something like that.
    Lamenoire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Lamenoire

Why is there this sentence in the recap page : "Matt Murdock dared evil and lost" ? Ot's just because he turned evil ?

thehood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thehood

Cool. I also have not been reading Daredevil, but picked up Shadow Land last week. I'll pick this up.

VZA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By VZA

never been big on daredevil but i'm going to have to pick this up.

Nyogtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Nyogtha

I hate how Marvel has started killing off characters key enemies, with majority of these enemies making the character interesting. I wouldn't give a crap about Daredevil if there wasn't Bullseye. They did that with Sabretooth, with him dead I don't care about Wolverine. I'll read this but I'm not happy about this. He better come back, and not wait as long as Marvel is to fix Loeb's mistake.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By doordoor123
    @ComicMan24 said:
    " @inferiorego said:
    " @ComicMan24 said:
    It's a good possibility "
    Well, I don't think so. I'm not saying they won't do it, as you said, it's possible. I think he will stop being Daredevil or something like that. "
    right. i dont think theyll kill daredevil off. Marvel cares too much about the money that comes in. Unless six books that could seemingly be successful branch off of the series.
    Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Theodore

excited for this one

Blackestnight1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Blackestnight1

thank you for warning that there were spoilers because I dont want to know about it yet

Gennadius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gennadius
    @Blackestnight:
    The only spoiler is the cover I think XD but I love shadowland so far I really really want to know what punisher is going to do when he sees daredevil (who tried to stop punisher killing criminals a few times) become kinda like him. 

Very very excited.
    logan48227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By logan48227
    @Nyogtha said:
    "I hate how Marvel has started killing off characters key enemies, with majority of these enemies making the character interesting. I wouldn't give a crap about Daredevil if there wasn't Bullseye. They did that with Sabretooth, with him dead I don't care about Wolverine. I'll read this but I'm not happy about this. He better come back, and not wait as long as Marvel is to fix Loeb's mistake. "

I feel the same way about Sabretooth! And trying to make Romulus & Daken Wolverine's arch-enemies hasn't worked in my opinion.
    cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#15  Edited By cbishop

I was all for this series, before there were all the tie-ins to go with it.  I'll probably still read it in trade, because it does sound really cool, but I won't be getting it issue by issue.

MisterDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By MisterDK
    @inferiorego:  The "thief" page was beautiful although it did make me wish Echo would come back into comics soon. She's been away too long!
    longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By longbowhunter

This was a good issue. I do feel like the mind control aspect is a little tired though. Hope Diggle has a solid ending for this arc. I'm afraid as good as it is it will only crap out.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#18  Edited By daredevil21134

Marvel will not kill off Daredevil he is one of Joe Quesada's favorite character if not his favorite
    grkpektis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By grkpektis

I hope it ends with DD and the heroes coming to some agreement.  Because I love the fact that he is in charge of the hand

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.