inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided
    Left Hand Path story line concludes and the scene is set up for the upcoming Shadowland story line as secrets are revealed and friends become enemies.

The Good

Getting right to it, the best parts of this book were the action and panel composition. Panel composition is pretty simple during these scenes: four long panels, stretching from top to bottom, but with what's happening inside the panels, they work amazingly. I'm mainly talking about two pages here, but they blew me away. There's a sense of height and endangerment through these eight, in total, panels that couldn't be portrayed any better. I can't remember two pages of a comic I've liked better than these two. Marco Checchetto (art) and Matt Hollingsworth (color) compliment each other incredibly well in this book. It reminds me of mid-90s Marvel artwork, but done exceptionally well. Though I can't say I know exactly what's going on storywise, I'm very excited to continue on with this book, and better get an understanding for what has happened in the past couple of years. From what it seems, Andy Diggle and Antony Johnston has some great set up in here for the upcoming Shadowland book, which this whole issue pretty much was.

The Bad

I've been out of the DareDevil loop for about two years, so coming in right before a major story line was a bit confusing. The preview page helped a little, but not enough to really catch me up on what was going on in the issue. Usually, I don't feel like I need to read the last 10 issues to understand what's going on, especially in a Marvel book; however, the DareDevil world has seemingly moved forward quicker than I anticipated, leaving me pretty confused.

The Verdict - 4/5

If you've been reading the book, you'll love this. No doubt about it. This seems to be a great set-up for the upcoming Shadowland mini-series, so if you're interested in that, this would be a good book to pick up... This and the couple issues prior to it. I'm sure if I was following the book, it easily would have gotten 5/5.
    Braxxis7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Braxxis7

this was a great read
    Benzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Benzo

I really liked this issue, it made me more excited for shadowland!!! I really can't wait now!! :D

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Icon

I don't think your "Bad" points are completely fair since it is not really a failing for an issue, which is the last chapter in a story arc, to require some knowledge of what has come before. It is a conclusion after all. 

Anyway, Shadowland can't happen soon enough. Very exciting stuff. :]

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Theodore

want this.

123jeffc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By 123jeffc
    I really like that cover! 
    I've been reading Daredevil since issue 500* and I really enjoy this series. I'm looking forward to reading this issue.

*I'm a milestone issue sucker...If it's interesting, I'll stick around for bit and check it out.
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @Icon said:
    " I don't think your "Bad" points are completely fair since it is not really a failing for an issue, which is the last chapter in a story arc, to require some knowledge of what has come before. It is a conclusion after all.  Anyway, Shadowland can't happen soon enough. Very exciting stuff. :] "
    I didn't take points off my final score because of this though, since I felt it was very engaging.
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By FoxxFireArt

A five out of five is a pretty darn good score considering you've been out of this story for a while. I was never really into Daredevil.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By longbowhunter

I thought last issue was better simply because of the White Tiger reveal at the end. I'm really waiting to see what Shadowland is going to be like. It will be the scale in which we see how well Diggle is living up to his predecessors Brubaker and Bendis. So far I'm liking his run pretty well.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I'm bored with Daredevil.I'm just waiting for Shadowland a this point.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.