Would U Buy It #8: "What If? Daredevil"

Posted by cbishop (7080 posts) - - Show Bio
#DateWelcome to WUBI # 8:Choose Your View:Attached to Forum:Back/ Next
810/05/10What If? Daredevil(Blog) (Forum)Daredevil(Back) (Next)

We all have trade paperback (TPB) collections we'd like to see. Here's one of mine:

Proposed Title:What If? Daredevil.
Alternate Title:Daredevil: What If?.
Collecting 13 Issues:

What If (1977) #8, 28, 35, 38; What If (1989) #2, 26, 48, 73, 83, 102; What If Karen Page Had Lived? (2005); What If? Daredevil (2006); What If? Daredevil Vs. Elektra (2010)

Covers: (click to enlarge)
TPB Cover: What If (1989) #2

"What If Daredevil Became An Agent Of S.H.I.E.L.D.?" was one of the early What If? stories that put that title on the map for me. It stands out for me as one of the first cool examples of a practical use of super powers. Enhanced senses and fighting abilities? Sure, become a super agent for the government - makes sense to me. It stood out to plenty of others too, because over the years, creators have envisioned other heroes as SHIELD agents, like Wolverine, Punisher, even Bruce Wayne through Amalgam, and culminating in everyone through Civil War.

Fortunately for readers, that's not the only What If? asked by creators, and this collection would showcase the other twelve, along with it. As much as I'd like to see #28 as the cover, I think the better cover is What If? (1989) #2, which showcases Daredevil in a more recognizable costume.

Would you buy it? Let me know in the comments, and thanks for reading.

More WUBI:

Back/ Next#DateWhich WUBI will it be:Choose Your View:Attached to Forum:
Back:710/05/10What If? Captain America(Blog) (Forum)Captain America
Next:910/05/10What If? Thor(Blog) (Forum)Thor

Want more WUBI?ViewTheIndex
Full WUBI Index:(numerical order)(alphabetical order)(categorized)

Thanks again!

#1 Posted by the Detective (34 posts) - - Show Bio

yes i think this would be a nice one to have

#2 Posted by cbishop (7080 posts) - - Show Bio
@the Detective: Yeah, once I got this one together, I thought it looked pretty nice.  It "What Ifs" several key points of DD's life.  It'd be an awesome collection.
#3 Posted by ForbushBug (496 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't forget this classic...

#4 Posted by cbishop (7080 posts) - - Show Bio
@ForbushBug: That's freakin' awesome! lol!  As I was doing the Would U Buy Its for What If, I was wishing I had all of the issues on hand, so I could go through them, and note these little gems - these little gags at the back should definitely be included in the books! :)
#5 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

no.

#6 Posted by cbishop (7080 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula: Well, they can't all be a "yes." :)    Is there a reason behind the "no?"
#7 Posted by Ferro Vida (34672 posts) - - Show Bio

I bought it and I enjoyed it (for the most part).

#8 Posted by cbishop (7080 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida said: I take it you mean you have all of the issues?  It's a pretty cool bunch of stories. :)
#9 Posted by Ferro Vida (34672 posts) - - Show Bio
@cbishop: My mistake, I was just referring to the latest one. I wouldn't mind reading all of them though.
#10 Posted by cbishop (7080 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida: Ah, gotcha.  I may finish my What If collections when I have fun money again, but it would be really cool to see these trades come out.
#11 Posted by daredevil21134 (10833 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah it would
#12 Posted by cbishop (7080 posts) - - Show Bio

I must be honest: I think I'd buy this one just for the DD Agent of SHIELD issue. That's still one of my all time faves. Of course, I have the single issue, but it's a good excuse... do I really need a good excuse to buy this?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.