Follow

Daredevil

Character » Daredevil appears in 4762 issues.

As a child, Matt Murdock was blinded by radioactive waste while trying to save an elderly stranger about to get hit by a truck carrying the dangerous material. In turn, his other senses were heightened to superhuman sharpness and he gained a form of "radar sense". By day, he is a successful trial lawyer; but by night, he guards Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil: the Man Without Fear.

Will they alter his origin? (TV series related)

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

There is an upcoming Daredevil TV series, as part of Marvels direct to Netflix series of shows. I just wonder if they will change his origin story at all.

In most films they tend to try to apply a more "grounded", pragmatic approach to characters gaining superpowers, in the 60s, some characters just were hit with radiation in some semblance, or at least, felt the effects of some sort of pseudo science. I guess however, the original origins are considered impractical these days as radiation exposure is pretty deadly and well documented as it is more likely to just give you some sort of cancer than mutate your DNA.

Some examples would be Spider-Man and Hulk, who more or less had their "Ultimate Universe" origins cribbed in their respective movies. Spidey is bitten by a genetically altered spider as opposed to a radioactive one. The Hulk, as told in his film and mentioned in Avengers.....I think, was trying to replicate the Super Soldier Serum and tried to actuate the latent effects by using gamma rays, but through some freak accident he turns into a big green angry guy. There is also the two Hulk rogues: The Leader and Abomination, who in their own individual comic back stories, are also irradiated, just like the Hulk, but in the film continuity, they are subject to Hulks blood.

I was just curious if they will play around with Daredevils origin as it seems like getting hit in the face with an "isotope" just seems a little outdated. I mean, personally, as a comic book fan, I could give two sh*ts, but I could imagine some studio exec taking umbrage with the sort of frivolous ways he gains his abilities.

Anyone have any thoughts??

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By daredevil21134

@cattlebattle: The only thing we know so far is that there was a young Matt in the streets saying my eyes hurt.So I can't imagine them going to far off.You're probably better off posting it in the Discussion Thread for more answers,

http://www.comicvine.com/daredevil/4005-24694/forums/the-official-daredevil-discussion-thread-1547531/#2938

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.