Who's Daredevil's greatest Enemy?

#1 Posted by The Angry Comic Book Critic (650 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by The Angry Comic Book Critic (650 posts) - - Show Bio

These guys I consider to be the Big three for Daredevil Bullseye killed Elektra and Karen Page and has made DD's life a living hell for years. Mister Fear Manipulated DD's life numerous times and even turned his wife into a murdering psychotic. Kingpin destroyed his life and has been a constant thorn in DD's side so who is the biggest enemy?

#3 Posted by Icarusflies (12246 posts) - - Show Bio

Though I really want to say Bullseye, I think Kingpin might actually be his biggest enemy….kinda literally.

#4 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icarusflies said:
" Though I really want to say Bullseye, I think Kingpin might actually be his biggest enemy….kinda literally. "

Also, gotta agree on Kingpin. Although Bullseye is a close second.
#5 Posted by PumpkinBomb (493 posts) - - Show Bio

As semantic as this may sound, Kingpin is his archenemy and Bullseye is his nemesis.

#6 Posted by The Angry Comic Book Critic (650 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite: @Icarusflies:  I have to disagree Kingpin is one of his top enemies but Bullseye is just a bit worse in terms of being evil as far as I can recall I don't think kingpin ever killed someone close to Daredevil Bullseye has twice both times people Daredevil loved while Kingpin really only destroyed his life in terms of his possessions like his house and his bank accounts
#7 Posted by PumpkinBomb (493 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Angry Comic Book Critic said:
" @Decoy Elite: @Icarusflies:  I have to disagree Kingpin is one of his top enemies but Bullseye is just a bit worse in terms of being evil as far as I can recall I don't think kingpin ever killed someone close to Daredevil Bullseye has twice both times people Daredevil loved while Kingpin really only destroyed his life in terms of his possessions like his house and his bank accounts "
Well, he is a lawyer.
#8 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Angry Comic Book Critic:  True, but Kingpin is still his greatest enemy because he's always pulling the strings. He's the one who commands Bullseye and many other DD rouges, he's the one who constantly flooding the streets with the crime that DD goes against. Kingpin is the most dangerous because he does so little while doing so much. He doesn't need to kill DD's loved ones, he's got other people for that. He doesn't need to fight DD all the time, he's got people for that. He doesn't need to do anything, but sit down and be the Kingpin and he automatically ends up being the biggest threat to DD and Hell's Kitchen. 

Oh and it's Kingpin's fault that DD was trapped in prison for a while (being the one that set up the whole Murdock Papers trick) and he's done plenty of other things that really screwed up DD.
#9 Posted by The Angry Comic Book Critic (650 posts) - - Show Bio
@PumpkinBomb:  Yeah true but I think he values human life just a little more than his stuff well at least till shadowland came around
#10 Posted by thegreatfour (12967 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite: He's an inspiration for the obese everywhere *salutes*
#11 Posted by PumpkinBomb (493 posts) - - Show Bio
@thegreatfour: 
Canonically, that's all muscle.
#12 Posted by thegreatfour (12967 posts) - - Show Bio
@PumpkinBomb: I thought he had muscle under the fat
#13 Posted by The Angry Comic Book Critic (650 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite: True enough but you can never be the greatest until you get your hands dirty sure kingpin has done a few times but out of all the people Daredevil hates Bullseye is top of his list every time they go toe to toe one almosts kills the other like in Daredevil issues 181, 200, and during there fight in the Murdock papers and most recently when DD actually kills bullseye in shadow land one as far as I can remember Daredevil has always been able to work with Fisk when necessary but never bullseye at least to my knowledge
#14 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Angry Comic Book Critic: DD has beaten the living crap out of Kingpin and driven his through a wall with a car before. They have an understanding, but that understanding is that they are enemies. I've never seen Kingpin and DD work together before. (The closest thing is Kingpin trying to bribe DD to an extent while helping himself)

Shadowland isn't really DD, it's the Beast of the Hand.
#15 Edited by PumpkinBomb (493 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite: 
Off the top of my head, they've had multiple truces in the past, and even fought at each others' backs in jail.
#16 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@PumpkinBomb said:
" @Decoy Elite: Off the top of my head. , ty've had multiple truces in the past, and fought at each others' backs in jail. "
Strange. Still doesn't lessen the whole enemy thing IMO.  
Just adds complexity to the hero villain relationship.
#17 Posted by The Angry Comic Book Critic (650 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite: They worked together during the Return of the King arc for a bit as well as when Matt and him were in that prison riot and in Daredevil issue 190 when the Hand tried to resurrect Elektra and when it comes to his fights with Bullseye he's paralyzes him from the eyes down stabs him through the shoulder with a Sai beats the crap out of him throw's him through a window and even carves a bullseye into his forehead with a rock after calling him worthless
#18 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Angry Comic Book Critic:  I don't understand why you made this thread if you were so dead set on saying Bullseye. Everyone says Bullseye. I simply disagree. I find that the Kingpin has more power than Bullseye (seeing as he can just hire Bullseye anyway) and is a much bigger threat. Yes, Bullseye made things personal, but I don't think that warrants him being the greatest enemy of DD. Then again I'm the kind of person that'd argue that Green Goblin isn't Spider-Man's greatest enemy so I guess I'm just weird like that.
#19 Posted by PumpkinBomb (493 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite said:
"I'm the kind of person that'd argue that Green Goblin isn't Spider-Man's greatest enemy"
Venom or Ock?
#20 Posted by The Angry Comic Book Critic (650 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite: Because I Thought I'd be a good thing to debate and so far you've proven me correct and when it comes to the Green Goblin you just gave me a great idea for a new thread and your only weird if you think the Hulk could be beaten by the wonder twins
#21 Posted by thegreatfour (12967 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't believe I accidentally clicked on Mr. Fear

#22 Posted by The Angry Comic Book Critic (650 posts) - - Show Bio
@thegreatfour:  He's still one DD's Best villians after Bullseye and Kingpin
#23 Posted by Ferro Vida (34227 posts) - - Show Bio

Throwing in Mr. Fear here would be like including Mysterio because of Guardian Devil. Sure, he's made some power plays recently, but he really doesn't deserve the mention. Gladiator or Punisher is more deserving than he is.

#24 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@PumpkinBomb said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
"I'm the kind of person that'd argue that Green Goblin isn't Spider-Man's greatest enemy"
Venom or Ock? "
Ock for me, but I'll admit I'm biased there.
#25 Posted by PumpkinBomb (493 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite said:
" @PumpkinBomb said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
Venom or Ock? "
Ock for me, but I'll admit I'm biased there. "
Why? Are you a marine biologist or something?
#26 Posted by The Angry Comic Book Critic (650 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida:  Punisher isn't really a bad guy he just has a different way of taking care of business than DD yes he was a royal ass in Daredevil issues 182 to 184 and Even when Gladiator stepped up in the more recent issues of DD it was all due to mister fears manipulations and Mysterio is more of a guest star villain for DD he's more of Spidey's problem then DD's
#27 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@PumpkinBomb: Nah, Ock's just my favorite Spider-Man villain. 
#28 Posted by thegreatfour (12967 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite: for my fav I gotta say Hobby. I like his look better than Gobbies
#29 Posted by PumpkinBomb (493 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite: 
How is that a bias? That's like me saying, "butterscotch pecan isn't my favourite kind of ice cream - but I'm biased, because black cherry is."
#30 Posted by Ferro Vida (34227 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Angry Comic Book Critic: 1) The thread isn't "who is the biggest bad guy Daredevil has fought," it is "who is his greatest enemy." I'd even be willing to venture that he is his own biggest enemy, based on the number of times that his actions have led to his friends being hurt. 

2) Gladiator has been a DD villain/ally at least since the eighties. He was recently manipulated by Fear, yes, but that was the first time that happened. 

3) Mysterio did as much damage to DD in that story arc as Fear managed to do to him more recently.
#31 Posted by The Angry Comic Book Critic (650 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida:  actually it happened a few times before that even like when Karen Page was on trail for murder that was all Fear's doing as well as making Black Widow become afraid during DD's stay in San Francisco   and technically it was bulleye who caused the biggest harm to dd during the whole Guardian Devil arc by killing Karen Page and Punisher isn't really an enemy to daredevil  they've worked together pretty well during the issues when DD was in prison.
#32 Posted by Ferro Vida (34227 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Angry Comic Book Critic: Bullseye wouldn't have killed Karen Page if Mysterio hadn't hired him to be there. If you count Mr. Fear's schemes towards making him a great foe of Daredevil's than you should really count that as one of Mysterio's. 

Daredevil has also worked with Kingpin before, but that doesn't make them allies. He has fought Spider-man and Elektra, but that doesn't make them enemies. Punisher and Daredevil, traditionally, do not work together. They have fought many more times than they have worked together.
#33 Posted by Black Lantern Mar-vell (2015 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil's greatest enemy is writer Andy Diggle!
#34 Posted by WarChild (716 posts) - - Show Bio

Kingpin

#35 Posted by The Angry Comic Book Critic (650 posts) - - Show Bio
@Black Lantern Mar-vell: I actually have enjoyed diggle's run so far his daredevil shadowland tie-ins are better then the shadowland limited series
#36 Posted by PumpkinBomb (493 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Angry Comic Book Critic: 
...which he also wrote.
#37 Posted by daredevil21134 (9037 posts) - - Show Bio

Bullseye or Kingpin
#38 Posted by daredevil21134 (9037 posts) - - Show Bio

But is is nice to see mister fear as a choice I liked what Brubaker did for his character
#39 Posted by ChadwickDavis (443 posts) - - Show Bio

Of the three mentioned  chose Kingpin, but let's be honest his greatest enemy to daredevil without a doubt has to be HIMSELF. 

1: You can sleep with Black Widow and Elektra (two of the deadliest women ion the Marvel Universe)and actually think that because they "like you" that you can bang every other woman on the planet without reprecussions. 
2: Being a married Man and actually think that because they "like you" that you can bang every other woman on the planet without reprecussions.  
3: Being a blind man while picking a fight with a crime lord, walking into his house, basically telling him the equivalent "you're my &!^@#"  after beating the brakes off of him without reprecussions.  
4: Shadowlands 
5: Typhoid Mary 

Do I really need to continue  

#40 Posted by daredevil21134 (9037 posts) - - Show Bio

Okaay. 
#41 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5274 posts) - - Show Bio

Once Kingpin, always Kingpin.

#42 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio

The Kingpin's worth has been exaggerated his entire existence.If Marvel wasn't forcing a rivalry..DD would have permanently injured him by now.

#43 Posted by Video_Martian (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

Kingpin

#44 Posted by daredevil21134 (9037 posts) - - Show Bio
@mr.obvious said:
"

Kingpin

"
#45 Posted by IrishX (2259 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, Kingpin is a shared enemy of Spidey's and Daredevil's. Bullseye get's my vote as DD's greatest enemy/nemesis.

#46 Posted by daredevil21134 (9037 posts) - - Show Bio

Bullseye is more original
#47 Posted by The Angry Comic Book Critic (650 posts) - - Show Bio
@daredevil21134: Yeah bullseye's one of a kind lady bullseye doesn't have shit on him
#48 Posted by daredevil21134 (9037 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Angry Comic Book Critic said:
" @daredevil21134: Yeah bullseye's one of a kind lady bullseye doesn't have shit on him "

lol yeah
#49 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan (56 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Kingpin, but don;t forget the Owl and the Fixer! They should be on this list too.
#50 Posted by daredevil21134 (9037 posts) - - Show Bio

bullseye

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.