Who is DC's Daredevil? (Not including Batman)

#1 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6482 posts) - - Show Bio

I realize that someone did a similar thread to this about Spider-Man so I figured that I should start one about my 2nd fav Marvel superhero, Daredevil. Batman would be the obvious choice, so I'm excluding him. So...Who else?

#2 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr mid-nite has some similarities to Daredevil. Dr mid-nite was created in the golden age.

#3 Posted by JakeN7 (12451 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lanterns are chosen based on their lack of fear which is the opposite of willpower, a Green Lantern's source of power.

Therefore, I would say the concept of Daredevil, "the man without fear," would closely mirror the concept of the Green Lantern Corps.

Based on the character's abilities however, I would say Nightwing. They're both acrobats sportin' escrima sticks.

#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91234 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing. 

#5 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6482 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro:

Nightwing feels a little too tongue in cheek for DD.

#6 Posted by Vance Astro (91234 posts) - - Show Bio
@SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 said:

@Vance Astro:

Nightwing feels a little too tongue in cheek for DD.

Meaning?
#7 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6482 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro:

he seems less serious than Daredevil, I mean.

#8 Posted by muhabba (299 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's see, basic human with only a passive power... Gangbuster?

#9 Posted by Joygirl (19968 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Mid-Nite is way too laid back for DD.

#10 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6482 posts) - - Show Bio

@muhabba:

Pootie Tang? :-)

#11 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not so sure, actually.

For now I say Nightwing, but I'm not so sure he fits the bill.

#12 Posted by daredevil21134 (11828 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

Nightwing.
#13 Posted by fury714 (589 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah Nightwing is not much of a Badass compared to DD.

#14 Posted by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing based on abilities and talents. But based on personality I would say....maybe Hal Jordan.

#15 Posted by Vance Astro (91234 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro:

I don't think he's less serious I just think he's less hardcore, sometimes DD is bordering on the same mentality of the Punisher but he always catches himself before he goes to far. I think it's just a difference in how they were raised and trained. Matt is more willing to cross certain lines than Nightwing.
#16 Posted by tupiaz (2185 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro:

Daredevil pre Miller wasn't that serious.

#17 Posted by TheCannon (18732 posts) - - Show Bio

Either Nightwing or Hal Jordan.

#18 Posted by SoA (4838 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing i guess midnite due to vision but more or less Nightwing

#20 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

@JakeN7 said:

Green Lanterns are chosen based on their lack of fear which is the opposite of willpower, a Green Lantern's source of power.

Therefore, I would say the concept of Daredevil, "the man without fear," would closely mirror the concept of the Green Lantern Corps.

Based on the character's abilities however, I would say Nightwing. They're both acrobats sportin' escrima sticks.

Yeah Nightwing makes sense but I reeeeaaalllyyy like your G.L. reasoning. I hadn't even thought of that. Nice thinking outside the box.

#21 Posted by JakeN7 (12451 posts) - - Show Bio

@spinningbirdcake said:

@JakeN7 said:

Yeah Nightwing makes sense but I reeeeaaalllyyy like your G.L. reasoning. I hadn't even thought of that. Nice thinking outside the box.

Thanks man! I appreciate the props. Yeah, I had that idea floating in my head for a while and even made a DC Universe Online character named "Hal Murdock." He's a Green Lantern who looks like Daredevil and uses two-handed weapons (specifically for the batons or escrimas.) He also uses acrobatics instead of flight like a typical Green Lantern would. I got the idea after reading Blackest Night: Green Lantern and seeing Scarecrow deputized as a Yellow Lantern.

I always thought that would be a cool concept for DC or Marvel to work with if they ever did another amalgamation crossover event. Green Lantern was mixed with Iron Man before to create Iron Lantern. I thought that was pretty cool, but I would have liked Green Lantern's mix to be more thematic (kind of like Doctor Fate and Doctor Strange = Dr. Strangefate.) So in that aspect I thought Daredevil would've been perfect.

#22 Posted by Nightwing28710 (157 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

@Vance Astro said:

Nightwing.
#23 Posted by batman_begins (90 posts) - - Show Bio

Have to agree! Based on abilities, counterpart has to be Grayson. With maybe a tinge of Jason Todd?

#24 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5445 posts) - - Show Bio

The Question (Vic) x3......x5? Throw in Wildcat (Ted)? And Ted Kord for the high flying acrobatics.......

O.K. Nightwing :/

#25 Posted by tupiaz (2185 posts) - - Show Bio

@JakeN7 said:

But in General Green Lantern has a faith in the system. Even though it is weaken doing his team up with Green Arrow. He still believes in the system. Matt Murdock is Daredevil because he knows the system will sometimes fail and not always do the right thing. In that sense they are very different.

#26 Posted by THORSON (2397 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

Nightwing.
#27 Edited by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6482 posts) - - Show Bio

@fury714 said:

Nah Nightwing is not much of a Badass compared to DD.

Makes sense.

#28 Posted by The Stegman (24407 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.