Follow

Daredevil

Character » Daredevil appears in 4766 issues.

As a child, Matt Murdock was blinded by radioactive waste while trying to save an elderly stranger about to get hit by a truck carrying the dangerous material. In turn, his other senses were heightened to superhuman sharpness and he gained a form of "radar sense". By day, he is a successful trial lawyer; but by night, he guards Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil: the Man Without Fear.

Who is Daredevil's closest Superhero friend?

• 80 results
    devinwifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

spidey

Crazyspideyfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52  Edited By Crazyspideyfan

Spider-Man. Except for in the ultimate universe back then.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Spiderman

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By renamed040924

I love that scan, Spider-Man was definitely my first answer. But now that I think about it, I can't really come up with any real Daredevil/Spider-Man moments. I know they've worked together a lot, but can anyone posts scans of them actually being... y'know, friends? I believe it was Amazing Spider-Man #600 where Peter was about to reveal his secret identity to him just simply for the sake of their friendship, but Matt stopped him and told him not to. That was a good moment.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman when Karen died Peter sought him out and they became a little bit closer after Pete told him about Gwen and DD wanted to know what good thing he did out of so much destruction Spidey replies with "you saved that baby" and swings off. Which helped Matt to become happy and to help him move on

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Daredevil

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 rogueshadow  Moderator

Spider-man followed by:

No Caption Provided

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Matt is actually pretty close with Luke Cage, Danny Rand, Misty Knight, Spider-Man, Black Widow and Gladiator.

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#59  Edited By Anjales_II

@nickzambuto said:

I love that scan, Spider-Man was definitely my first answer. But now that I think about it, I can't really come up wittah any real Daredevil/Spider-Man moments. I know they've worked together a lot, but can anyone posts scans of them actually being... y'know, friends? I believe it was Amazing Spider-Man #600 where Peter was about to reveal his secret identity to him just simply for the sake of their friendship, but Matt stopped him and told him not to. That was a good moment.

There are quite a few.

- In Death of Jean DeWolf, both Peter and Matt revealed their identities to each other (though Matt already knew before hand). After a rough start, they became friends and Matt offered his legal services to both Peter and his Aunt May. In that story, Peter, who was still fairly young and a bit hot-headed, grew a lot and learned a bit from Matt's maturity and his respect of the law.

- After Karen's death, Matt was extremely depressed and was even doubting why he still does this. Peter actually consoled Matt and even told him about Gwen. He also cheered up Matt over the fact that he saved a baby girl, giving him a more positive outlook on life.

- They had an epic freefall race not too long ago.

- There was that time Peter lost his costume and had to borrow Matt's costume to go fight the new Kraven. There was a funny moment where he showed up to Matt's office clinging to the side of a wall in casual clothes but webbing up his entire face.

- Teaming up to take down the Bar with No Name in issue 600.

- In the 90's, both characters were going through an identity crisis. Matt was wearing the Armored costume and going had faked his own death while Peter was going through a dark phase and abandoned his Peter Parker identity and called himself the Spider. During a time where both were acting like jerks to their loved ones, they actually had a rare bonding moment, as they related to each other. Someone said. the story is called back from the edge.

No Caption Provided

- During the Superior Spider-Man era, there was an unexpected bonding moment at the end of one of their teamups.

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I was always convinced that it was Spider-Man.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

After Waid's run Hank Pym.

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
    TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's the Amazing Spider-Man.

NYBreezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man might not like him anymore. Friendship = Over
    Spider-Man might not like him anymore. Friendship = Over

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
    TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nybreezy: I think there friendship can overcome, this foolish indecent, it was a pitty semi hook up.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man has always been close to him.

No Caption Provided

would love to see Peter Parker in the show.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Peter. And Spidey is the Captain America of the Street Levelers obviously.

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
    saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man

jcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man and Black Widow.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Spider-Man and Black Widow.

MJ93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke Cage, Elektra, Spider-Man, pretty much any New York based hero with similar motives and morals.

chalkshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

The Black Widow. They used to share the title, as well as a bed. No other hero is closer to, or knows, Daredevil better than the Black Widow. She will always be his closest confidante. Daredevil and Spider-Man are just pals. They'll team-up on a case, now and again, but it's rare to see Matthew Murdock hanging out socially with Peter Parker. Same goes for Power Man and Iron Fist. They're peers. They have respect for one another while the masks are on. There's very little overlap in the civilian lives.

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
    AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Black Widow. They used to share the title, as well as a bed. No other hero is closer to, or knows, Daredevil better than the Black Widow. She will always be his closest confidante. Daredevil and Spider-Man are just pals. They'll team-up on a case, now and again, but it's rare to see Matthew Murdock hanging out socially with Peter Parker. Same goes for Power Man and Iron Fist. They're peers. They have respect for one another while the masks are on. There's very little overlap in the civilian lives.

nah the black widow is more of a ****** budddy than anything else :) that doesnt count as being your best friend

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Widow.

SinisterSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt Murdock's top trio of best pals:

1. Foggy
    2. Ben Urich
    3. Peter Parker

There was a oneshot issue once, I think it was randomly thrown in somewhere during volume 2, and it was written by Stan Lee. It opened with Daredevil and Spider-Man hanging out at a bar, just shooting the breeze, then followed them throughout the issue as they stopped some muggers blah blah, then agreed to meet up again next week. Does anyone have the issue number on that story?

ablackmask

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter Par- I mean, Spider-Man.

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

@nickzambuto:I think I remember that issue, I'll see if I can find it.

As for the question, I'll say Spidey too.

vanceastro2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By vanceastro2

I ll vote for Black Widow.Yes, it is true they have been a couple, but they are friends as well. Here are a few things that indicate they are very close to each other :

*Black Widow saved his life the first time they ever met.

*Black Widow helped DD (and Stick) fight The Hand. They also fought together during the "final confrotation" agains The Hand of Miller s first run.

*DD was one of the first people BW thought about when he was trying to make "anti-drug campain" hosted by superheroes.

*When Matt faked his death, BW was the hero that suffered the most. BW was surprised at the fact that Matt did not asked for help, knowing that he could call her anytime he wanted and she would always be there for him.

*When the Avengers disspaeared after the Onslaught arc and BW was turning into a female Punisher (she tried to kill every supervillain The Avengers had fought) , DD was geniounily worried for this change of personality and was decided to help her return to her old personality. His motivation for helping her was such that Matt did not even care about Karen being angry at him just for going out to help BW when she needed him, leaving Karen literally talking alone. He did not care about the problems this would bring to their rellationship..

*When Matt was defending Karen because she was framed by Mr Fear, Black Widow came to talk to him just to cheer him up, telling him she knows he wont let Karen down, because he has not let BW down either.

*They have worked together many times (not countin when they were a couple), like in Secret Wars and Marvel Knights.

¨Natasha was the first person Matt called when Karen decided to leave him because of the Borugh incident (the incident that almos sent Karen to jail).

So I think BW is the closest to a best friend that Matt has.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.