Follow

Daredevil

Character » Daredevil appears in 4766 issues.

As a child, Matt Murdock was blinded by radioactive waste while trying to save an elderly stranger about to get hit by a truck carrying the dangerous material. In turn, his other senses were heightened to superhuman sharpness and he gained a form of "radar sense". By day, he is a successful trial lawyer; but by night, he guards Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil: the Man Without Fear.

What's Going On With Daredevil?

• 93 results
    No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

No Caption Provided
    There are a lot of events we are going to be seeing at Marvel in the near future. Between the start of the Heroic Age and the brand new Avengers line-up, to O.M.I.T. and the new X-Men title that is set for release this July; Marvel seems to be doing a fantastic job in trying to keep comic audiences as interested (and broke, there I said it) as possible. However, between all the exciting stories that are going to be coming out of the "House of Ideas" this summer, the one I am most looking forward to is Shadowland, which we first heard about back in January. Call me a sucker or what have you, but the preview images of Daredevil donning a brand new costume with red glowing eyes and ruthlessly kicking ass has me practically squealing. If you have been reading Andy Diggle's recent run on Daredevil, you may recall that Matt's run in with The Hand caused him to question his ethics and whether or not killing could sometimes be justified- or at least that is what we were led to believe. In these new images, Daredevil seems a lot more ruthless, but why? Will he have a change of heart and alter the way in which he conducts crimefighting, or will we see a deeper shift in Matt Murdock's character? Is this guy in the Daredevil costume even the same character? 
     == TEASER ==
    No Caption Provided
    It would not be the first time that someone other than Matt Murdock donned the DD costume to parade crimefighting throughout Hells Kitchen! In fact, the last time we saw this happen was not too long ago during Brubaker's Daredevil run in the early 2000's  when we saw Murdock's good friend Iron Fist take on the mantle. The concept of stolen identities is relatively commonplace at Marvel, anyway. Just recently, for example, we saw Bullseye take Hawkeye's identity during Dark Reign. However, now that Clint is back in his old costume fighting crime with the Avengers, whatever happened to Lester?   

Headlining the Shadowland promotional posters with "the birth of the Marvel universe's greatest villain" is a pretty bold statement, wouldn't you say? Particularly if they are implying he is a villain and not an anti-hero, like the Punisher. So, what exactly is going on here and will he really become Marvel's greatest new villain? Could Shadowland be the compliment to the Heroic Age? Afterall, what is the point in having heroes if you don't have villains? I am really excited about Shadowland, which hits store shelves in July, 2010 and looks way more exciting that what's been happening in the Avengers. Are you looking forward to the new series? 
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Magian

I don't think that they will turn Daredevil into a villain, at least not for long. As you said someone else might use this identity.
    KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KRYPTON

He should be ruthless. He is the current leader of the Hand. 

Avatar image for secret_identity
    Secret Identity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3  Edited By Secret Identity

This looks rather interesting but i can't say i'm "excited" about anything that Marvel areup to these days. (Unless they announce the return of Captain Britain and MI:13)

Benzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Benzo

I'm really looking forward to Shadowland! :D

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FoxxFireArt

Well now, Daredevil is looking rather.....demonic. They really seem to be implying that Daredevil is going to become a villain, but does he really have the capability to be "The Greatest Villain" in the Marvel Universe??
    I'd think G-Man would take issue with that statement. Given his love for Thanos.

I can't say I can feel any level of sympathy for Bullseye in that first shot. Given what he did to Sentry's wife.

Does that costume look all that different them his usual one? I just thought the first image was just colored darker to match a moonlit feel. Though, it's been some time since I read any Daredevil comics. The glowing eyes do seem new. lol

Well, the passing of costumes in Marvel hardly compares to how many have worn the Robin booties in DC throughout the decades. 

Speaking to Heroic Age. Where ever there is light. There must also be a shadow. Could there possibly be something happening that is creating darker shadows of our heroes? Matt wanted to be an influence on The Hand. Mayhaps, The Hand had more on an influence on him then he realized.

Avatar image for emerald_dragonfly_deleteme
    Emerald Dragonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Emerald Dragonfly

At least some hero understood that killers and maniacs MUST BE KILLED, NOT PUT IN PRISON. Way to go, Matt. 
    Of course some moaners like Spider-Dumb will say that "NO WE ARE HEROES WE ARE NOT KILLERS!!!!111111 WHAT ARE YOU DOING DON'T KILL BULLSEYE GIVE HIM A FLOWER NO MATTER HE'LL ESCAPE AGAIN AND KILL MORE KIDS AND WOMEN!!!11". And of course at the end they'll take Matt down or at least stop him from killing. Because this is how the things always happen. And I don't like it. 
    P.S. CUT'EM ALL DD

ironshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ironshadow

Finally he kills Bullseye I wonder how long that will last, oh wait I the Hand will resurrect him and have him work for then.

Avatar image for deactivated-649a95712285a
    deactivated-649a95712285a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

how do we even know the greatest villain is daredevil? just cause hes on the poster?
    Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Meteorite

I am interested in this, but I really can't get caught up buying too many comics at the moment after the spending spree I went on yesterday.

growup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By growup

Daredevil a villain? They are going to have a hard time winning me over on this one.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Magian
    @UpUpAndAway:
    You have a point here.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#12  Edited By xerox_kitty

It seems too much of a drastic change in his character to justify murder, but... it is still satisfying to see Daredevil treat Bullseye in the same way that Bullseye famously killed Elektra.

Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Adam Michaels

As great and as epic as the last couple of big crossover events Marvel has released in recent years, I believe Shadowland has me the most intrigued.  

I'm very happy to see the lower level heroes like Daredevil, Luke Cage, and Moon Knight get some serious attention.
    Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Silver2467

Great article. I can't say I'm real thrilled with the idea of Daredevil being a villain. I really like DD, and I wouldn't want that to happen to him. It could be, like you said, someone else in his uniform. It could be something that Marvel plans to do with him and then have him turn good again, as some kind of twist. I'm also not really in love with the idea of him being an anti-hero either. I'm looking forward to Shadowland also, but this is looking pretty grim. I'll be interested in how Marvel expands on this. 

WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WW-Fan

is his costume black?
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hamz

I haven't really been following Daredevil for some time now but I do have to say this has potential if Marvel actually have the balls to make Matt Murdoch a villain and keep him as one.

If they go down the road that someone else was in the suit or that Matt's faking it this whole time then I'm not so sure it'll have the same impact as seeing a true hero fall from grace.

KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17  Edited By KRYPTON

"Birth Of The Greatest Marvel Villain" Wow. This is going to be a legend in the making.

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By Chaos Burn

possesion, mind control, clone or amnesia..... DD is still the same choirboy who beats scum up to a pulp but leaves them breathing

DomDom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By DomDom

wow...
    NexusOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NexusOfLight

Yeah, I'm all hyped up for this. Really lovin' Marvel for this. Can't wait. If Daredevil crosses the line, it'll be all over. That would be crazy. The Daredevil books have been great with developing his character. The evolution is amazing. Really lookin' forward to Shadowland.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21  Edited By doordoor123

squealing?... okay.
    Im actually pretty excited to read this. 
    My desktop background is this:

No Caption Provided
    longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By longbowhunter

This is the first Mavel event I've been excited for in a long time. Its great characters like Daredevil and Green Arrow have been getting the attention they deserve lately. I'm a big fan of the Daredevil books. Andy Diggle is making his own legacy, just as Bendis and Brubaker did before him. Shadowland is sure to be alot of fun!
    glforthewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By glforthewin

this is gonna be awesome

cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By cmaprice

Let's not forget in Guardian Devil, Matt tried to murder an infant. 

He's fairly easy to manipulate if the right villain uses his faith against him.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By InnerVenom123

I haven't been keeping up with Daredevil, but I know I wanna read this.

Avatar image for the_man_without_fear
    The Man Without Fear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the picture of Daredevil killing Bullseye is symbolic, Bullseye ending his old life and stepping into Daredevil's place as leader of the Hand, but we'll see what happens.
    Captan Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Captan Avenger

Sounds realy exsiting.   Can't wait to find out what happens
    zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28  Edited By zombietag

just please dont make it some stupid thing like black kryponite or mr negative touches him. if daredevils gonna go bad i want it to be legit

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#29  Edited By ImperiousRix

I can't picture DD going evil.  Certainly, I can see Matt getting dark and becoming a more ruthless vigilante, but a villain?  I don't think he has it in him, and I don't think he's imposing enough as a villain to make it a permanent change. 

I've actually had a weird feeling that they might actually kill Matt in Shadowland.  I don't want them to, really, but I'm just gettin' a weird vibe.

Sheep-Kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 24

#30  Edited By Sheep-Kill

Ok this looks preety good might have to start buying dare devil

brendon277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By brendon277
    @Sheep-Kill: Me too i actually just got my first DD comic a week or so ago and it wasn't that bad
    csimon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By csimon

WOW

Aerock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By Aerock

"A man without fear is a man without limits."  That said, I can see Daredevil turning villain.  I wonder how Kingpin is going to play in all this...  Ninjas, good guys disregarding the law, new costume... I've already got this on pull at comiXology!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#34  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

This is all a marketing tool.They are using Daredevil taking over the Hand and the things they do as bait to make you think that Daredevil will become a villain.Plus the Shadowland solicits suggest he will be fighting heroes in the book.They have people thinking that if he is willing to go that far he will definitely become the villain maybe he will even be killed or incarcerated at the end of this.I don't think so. This according to the descriptions of the story is a Daredevil who has had enough. I think he's becoming more like the Punisher. He does alot of questionable things but nobody doubts that his intentions are actually noble he just doesn't go about it in a hero like manner.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#35  Edited By sora_thekey

I was waiting for someone to have the same theory as me...
    I was actually going to write a Hypothesis blog about thinking that who's under the Daredevil mask is someone else...

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @sora_thekey said:
    " I was waiting for someone to have the same theory as me... I was actually going to write a Hypothesis blog about thinking that who's under the Daredevil mask is someone else... "
    Too many people have "been" Daredevil already.I really hope Marvel isn't recycling here.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#37  Edited By daredevil21134

i think it is him i think matt might be possed in daredevil 506 elektra tried to cut him open and take something out of him he thought it was a dream but  when he woke up he was bleeding and as  for him turning into a villian i doubt  that especially him being joe quesasda favorite character in the marcel universe
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @xerox-kitty: 
    Elektra is dead again?
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By daredevil21134

no she is not she is set to appear in shadowland
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @daredevil21134 said:
    " no she is not she is set to appear in shadowland "
    Yup.
    dan1509

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By dan1509

In that second picture, is that strings around him or what?

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Icon
    @dan1509 said:
    " In that second picture, is that strings around him or what? "
    It's his cable, you know, from his billy club. But he does look a bit like a marionette on strings there, which is kinda fitting since all this "evil" from him is probably because he is being played by the Hand. 
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By daredevil21134

yup
    the_fallen11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By the_fallen11

Epic

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By daredevil21134

for sure
    -Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By -Eclipse-
    @Emerald Dragonfly said:
    " At least some hero understood that killers and maniacs MUST BE KILLED, NOT PUT IN PRISON. Way to go, Matt.  Of course some moaners like Spider-Dumb will say that "NO WE ARE HEROES WE ARE NOT KILLERS!!!!111111 WHAT ARE YOU DOING DON'T KILL BULLSEYE GIVE HIM A FLOWER NO MATTER HE'LL ESCAPE AGAIN AND KILL MORE KIDS AND WOMEN!!!11". And of course at the end they'll take Matt down or at least stop him from killing. Because this is how the things always happen. And I don't like it.  P.S. CUT'EM ALL DD "

Fighting crime makes you a vigilante. 
    Killing criminals makes you a serial killer.
    It's not the hero's responsibility to kill these villains, they should be given the death penalty.
    Hawkling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Hawkling
    @Secret Identity: Captain Britain accepted a spot on the Avengers in Age of Heroes #1, should be interesting.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#48  Edited By joshmightbe

lets be honest bullseye has it comin to him

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By daredevil21134

I so agree.FOR KAREN PAGE FOR ELEKTRA  BULLSEYE MUST DIE
    Avatar image for freddy_mercurial
    Freddy.Mercurial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Freddy.Mercurial
    @-Eclipse-: at the end of the day, such terms as "vigilante" & "serial killer" were created by people who intended to discourage behavior that would disrupt the established system...  if u think killing psychopaths makes u a psychopath, that's your opinion...  but, when u consider the fact that government funded rehabilitation centers are a sham & these maniacs are back on the streets in no time, maybe u oughta rethink your view on what a hero's responsibilities to society are.  Are heroes supposed defend the Establishment or the People?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.