Follow

Daredevil

Character » Daredevil appears in 4764 issues.

As a child, Matt Murdock was blinded by radioactive waste while trying to save an elderly stranger about to get hit by a truck carrying the dangerous material. In turn, his other senses were heightened to superhuman sharpness and he gained a form of "radar sense". By day, he is a successful trial lawyer; but by night, he guards Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil: the Man Without Fear.

What Should Be Next For Matt Murdock?(Spoilers for SL#5 & DD#512)

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Shadowland is over. This five issue series received mixed reviews and has finally ended. At the end of Daredevil #512 we see Matt getting off a bus somewhere in what appears to be small town America. What should his new direction be? Crimefighter? Small town lawyer? A combination of both? I keep flashing back to that Michael J. Fox movie where he wrecks the judge's fence and has to work at the small town hospital and ends up falling in love with the classic girl next door. 

Daredevil fans you have spoken out and aren't satisfied with the results of Shadowland. What should happen now for the Man Without Fear? What direction do you want to see his character take?  

Let's hear it here.  
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Give the storyline back to Ed Brubaker...that first.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro:
    Not a fan of Diggle?
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Jake Fury said:
    " @Vance Astro: Not a fan of Diggle? "
    He wrote Shadowland so, no not anymore. 

I don't know what I want for DD but I know that Shadowland wasn't a good idea.I thought it was at first.I was telling people to give it a chance...and it turned out to be one of the worst  arcs i've ever read.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro:
    I was really shocked at the contrast in the actual Shadowland book and Daredevil's solo title during Shadowland. I felt like his solo title was very good but SL not so much. I think my biggest disappointment was Daredevil finally getting a big story arc centered around him but him having to be all demon possessed to be a viable threat.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Marvel sucks in general right now IMO.I think what they need to do is start making some damn sense and stop recycling storylines and doing them wrong.If I was writing Daredevil I would make him tell Dakota North what's really up and keep them from having a relationship once he's back as the regular Daredevil.If they want him to be in a relationship so bad, why not Elektra?  Also they need to touch on some things from volume 1.What happened to Daredevil's ability to speak telepathically, what happened to his "ninja vanish",what happened to his "chi healing ability"? They need to write Daredevil more like current Spider-Man...hell, maybe retcon him.Daredevil needs a real rouge gallery too.He doesn't really have one.They need to leave Bullseye dead and give Lady Bullseye his spot and never let her become friendly with Murdock.Bring back Bullet and Gladiator.Create some new villains for him.Get rid of the Kingpin.They've done all they can do with him.Get some more meaningful cameos in his comics like in Vol.1 like Thor,Namor,Wolverine etc.Not just the Marvel Knights.Iron Fist,Cage,Punisher,etc are stale cameos.Figure out something to do with Black Tarantula and White Tiger.Having sidekicks isn't DD's MO..it takes away from his style.To put it simply he needs fresh ideas.I'm tired of the same things over and over and over.He needs new rouges,He's needs a new agenda,and he needs new allies.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro:
    I know what you mean about Marvel and DD in general. I've pretty much dropped every big name Marvel title and started reading a lot of the lesser known characters like Avengers Academy and others.  

I agree that DD needs a new rogues gallery. That's one thing thats always kind of puzzled me about him.
    Avatar image for guardiandevil801
    guardiandevil801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By guardiandevil801

I say they need to create a new redemption story for him because I like Matt as Daredevil and he made this life for himself after his father died,but now he killed Bullseye and feels upset with guilt and doesn't know what to do, so I say they should create a story to help him face his demons and bring Stick to help him become Daredevil again.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @guardiandevil801 said:
    "

I say they need to create a new redemption story for him because I like Matt as Daredevil and he made this life for himself after his father died,but now he killed Bullseye and feels upset with guilt and doesn't know what to do, so I say they should create a story to help him face his demons and bring Stick to help him become Daredevil again.

"
    So you want them to rehash something they've already done? But just Iunno make it better?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whatever happened to the Foreigner? He'd make a fine villain for DD.
    Avatar image for guardiandevil801
    guardiandevil801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By guardiandevil801
    @Vance Astro:
    well yeah i want to see a better story for him and see him in the red costume again because he is a guardian devil and a hero

Avatar image for the_angry_comic_book_critic
    The Angry Comic Book Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

User Lists: 6

@Jake Fury:  When DD makes his return I want him to do what he should have down a long time ago Wipe out the Hand once and for all and go toe to toe with the Kingpin in an epic fight to the finish that really breaks Fisk's will kinda like when Daredevil fought bullseye in Daredevil Vol.2 issue 49 after that I want something new to be done between DD and Mister fear probably my 2nd favorite Daredevil Villain after Bullseye
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Jake Fury said:
    " Whatever happened to the Foreigner? He'd make a fine villain for DD. "
    He's related in some way to Silver Sable so I would assume Marvel is just pretending he doesn't exist. 

@The Angry Comic Book Critic said:
    " @Jake Fury:  When DD makes his return I want him to do what he should have down a long time ago Wipe out the Hand once and for all and go toe to toe with the Kingpin in an epic fight to the finish that really breaks Fisk's will kinda like when Daredevil fought bullseye in Daredevil Vol.2 issue 49 after that I want something new to be done between DD and Mister fear probably my 2nd favorite Daredevil Villain after Bullseye "
    Have you read the DD vs. Elektra what if?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro:
    Weren't they married or something?
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Jake Fury said:
    " @Vance Astro: Weren't they married or something? "
    Yea.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro:  I skimmed through it once matt ended up marrying elektra and never saw Foggy nelson again that's about all I remember

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro:
    Maybe the Foreigner's old criminal organization could come back to be a thorn in Matt's side. I think one problem with Shadowland was all the mystical stuff involved. That's just not the Daredevil I grew up on.
    Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Icon
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Jake Fury said:
    He wrote Shadowland so, no not anymore.  I don't know what I want for DD but I know that Shadowland wasn't a good idea.I thought it was at first.I was telling people to give it a chance...and it turned out to be one of the worst  arcs i've ever read. "

Sadly, I can not help but agree. I wanted Shadowland to be great but it really, really wasn't. I will give Diggle a chance with Daredevil Reborn, but it's sad to see the state DD is in these days. That is especially tragic when his book used to be one of the most consistently good on the shelves. At present he doesn't even have a book.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Icon said:
    "@Vance Astro said:
    " @Jake Fury said:
    He wrote Shadowland so, no not anymore.  I don't know what I want for DD but I know that Shadowland wasn't a good idea.I thought it was at first.I was telling people to give it a chance...and it turned out to be one of the worst  arcs i've ever read. "
    Sadly, I can not help but agree. I wanted Shadowland to be great but it really, really wasn't. I will give Diggle a chance with Daredevil Reborn, but it's sad to see the state DD is in these days. That is especially tragic when his book used to be one of the most consistently good on the shelves. At present he doesn't even have a book. "

what I found so puzzling was the difference in quality between Diggle's SL story and Diggle's DD tie in story. The DD tie in stuff was really good.  

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Icon:  That's my Que to say DAMN YOU MARVEL COMIC AND YOUR UNCANNY ABILITY TO FUCK OVER YOUR CLASSIC CHARACTERS!!!!
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    " @Vance Astro:  I skimmed through it once matt ended up marrying elektra and never saw Foggy nelson again that's about all I remember "
    In the beginning of the book...DD easily kills the Kingpin.I never understood how those two were a match but then DD would beat characters like Tombstone... 
    Oh and if you didn't get to the end of the book...Elektra ends up recreating the Chaste but with Echo,Wolverine,and Iron Fist and she also kills Daredevil.

@Jake Fury said:
    " @Vance Astro: Maybe the Foreigner's old criminal organization could come back to be a thorn in Matt's side. I think one problem with Shadowland was all the mystical stuff involved. That's just not the Daredevil I grew up on. "
    That could be interesting..but it has to be executed well.Execution seems to Marvel's enemy as of late. 

@Icon said:
    Sadly, I can not help but agree. I wanted Shadowland to be great but it really, really wasn't. I will give Diggle a chance with Daredevil Reborn, but it's sad to see the state DD is in these days. That is especially tragic when his book used to be one of the most consistently good on the shelves. At present he doesn't even have a book. "
    I thought Diggle has something until Shadowland actually got underway.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro:
    First step is re-establishing his Rogues.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Jake Fury said:
    "
    Damnit, I didn't want to say it but  
    *runs crying to the bathroom* "
    You would like to think so because his Daredevil in comparison was better than Diggle's so far but compare New Avengers Vol.1 to New Avengers Vol.2.Bendis' writing has fallen WAAAAAAAAAY off.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Jake Fury said:
    " @Vance Astro: First step is re-establishing his Rogues. "
    Agreed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:
    " @Jake Fury said:
    "
    Damnit, I didn't want to say it but  
    *runs crying to the bathroom* "
    You would like to think so because his Daredevil in comparison was better than Diggle's so far but compare New Avengers Vol.1 to New Avengers Vol.2.Bendis' writing has fallen WAAAAAAAAAY off. "

I picked up the 1st issue of the new Volume and hated it immediately.  

Volume 1 was some of his best work if you ask me. It was excellent right up to the Secret Invasion stuff. (some of the Civil War stuff wasn't that great) The mission in Japan with Maya was how Shadowland should have been IMHO.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#26  Edited By daredevil21134
    @Jake Fury said:
    "@Vance Astro: First step is re-establishing his Rogues. "
    PumpkinBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#27  Edited By PumpkinBomb

Some massive retcons would be nice.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By daredevil21134

lol
    manofsteel42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By manofsteel42

Hopefully he can go back in time and be on the bus outside the X-manson w/ all the depowered mutants...not to help them but just to join them when it goes Boom!

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By daredevil21134
    @manofsteel42 said:
    "Hopefully he can go back in time and be on the bus outside the X-manson w/ all the depowered mutants...not to help them but just to join them when it goes Boom! "

Only if he gets to meet Psylocke.lol
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By InnerVenom123
    " @Icon:  That's my Que to say DAMN YOU MARVEL COMIC AND YOUR UNCANNY ABILITY TO FUCK OVER YOUR CLASSIC CHARACTERS!!!! "
    It wasn't all bad. 

@Jake Fury said:
    " @Icon said:
    what I found so puzzling was the difference in quality between Diggle's SL story and Diggle's DD tie in story. The DD tie in stuff was really good.   "
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#32  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @PumpkinBomb said:
    "Some massive retcons would be nice. "

(prints One More Day in Braille.)  

" @Icon:  That's my Que to say DAMN YOU MARVEL COMIC AND YOUR UNCANNY ABILITY TO FUCK OVER YOUR CLASSIC CHARACTERS!!!! "

You ain't the only one saying that, TRUST ME 

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#33  Edited By ImperiousRix

I personally think it could be cool to see DD do some sorta small-town crime-fighting.  He's been attached to the city since his inception, and in many ways it's part of his identity.  BUUUUT, considering Matt's identity has been pretty well and screwed as of late, I think it could be a cool direction for him if he does a kinda small-town sheriff style of crime-fighting for a while. 
    Just my opinion.

ninjabot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#34  Edited By ninjabot
    " @Jake Fury:  When DD makes his return I want him to do what he should have down a long time ago Wipe out the Hand once and for all and go toe to toe with the Kingpin in an epic fight to the finish that really breaks Fisk's will kinda like when Daredevil fought bullseye in Daredevil Vol.2 issue 49 after that I want something new to be done between DD and Mister fear probably my 2nd favorite Daredevil Villain after Bullseye "

No, what DD needs to do is get together with Elektra (with a small team, maybe Black Tarantula, Master Izo, etc) and stalk & finally kill the Snakeroot. ALL OF THEM. They are the head of the snake, after all. Then Master Izo can fulfill his long-term desire of cleaning up (if not purifying) the Hand. They are ninja after all, let them do ninja stuff, but clean up the demonic influences.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By daredevil21134
    @ImperiousRix said:
    "I personally think it could be cool to see DD do some sorta small-town crime-fighting.  He's been attached to the city since his inception, and in many ways it's part of his identity.  BUUUUT, considering Matt's identity has been pretty well and screwed as of late, I think it could be a cool direction for him if he does a kinda small-town sheriff style of crime-fighting for a while. Just my opinion. "

Well he is headed to Ne w Meico in Daredevil Reborn so we will see if something loke that happens
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @ImperiousRix said:
    " I personally think it could be cool to see DD do some sorta small-town crime-fighting.  He's been attached to the city since his inception, and in many ways it's part of his identity.  BUUUUT, considering Matt's identity has been pretty well and screwed as of late, I think it could be a cool direction for him if he does a kinda small-town sheriff style of crime-fighting for a while. Just my opinion. "
    I agree with this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the small town crime fighting idea too. 

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Jake Fury said:
    " I like the small town crime fighting idea too.  "
    Although DD did already do this in Daredevil: Redemption.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By daredevil21134
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Jake Fury said:
    Although DD did already do this in Daredevil: Redemption. "

I loved that story
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @daredevil21134 said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Jake Fury said:
    Although DD did already do this in Daredevil: Redemption. "
    I loved that story "
    Me too..
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By daredevil21134

it was tight
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By daredevil21134

I loved the echo story too

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.