What More Can Marvel Do for Daredevil?

• 98 results
#51 Posted by tupiaz (2241 posts) - - Show Bio

Ofcause Hello! I can't control anything or anybody on the internet. This was not my point nor my goal nor to convince you otherwise. My point was that your post if you don't what to address it was pointless and for no use. If you have giving a reason for why it was boring, why it could help and what ideas you had it could have been useful for other user/readers. Nor it is just your opinion without any thoughts behind it and that isn't worth much. My point was: If you don't want to discuss your opinion that is fine, but it is pointless and doesn't contributes anything to then just post it. You can expect to post opinions on the internet and don't what people to address them it simply doesn't add up. Especially when you what me to post what I want. It was in that matter my "don't post it should be understand". My remark that your post is "pointless" was an allusion to your post that the discussion was pointless.

#52 Posted by ZEELLO (223 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman said:

Daredevil really needs a costume re-design.

I like his old yellow costume, maybe he should go back to that.

#53 Posted by Vance Astro (91404 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zyrok said:

Why? Really... The only time that DD has gone through a redesign, it looked HORRIBLE. His suit is simple, classic and memorable. I disagree heavilly with this.

I'll my 2 cents. Please, please, please, keep DD out of the events. I HATE having to read something that is shoehorned into a character, and Daredevil being part of an event would definitely be like so for me.

Really, I don't like company wide events at all, I think that they just delay or wreck the storylines that the writer is trying to tell.

If you're talking about the DD Armor, I think most people agree that, that was an awesome costume. 

Also how are you begging to keep DD out of events when that's mostly the reason his comic isn't selling and might get cancelled. Daredevil hasn't been in good standings sales wise since the end of Bendis' run. Which means that even through Brubaker's Eisner winning run and Diggle's joke of a run with Shadowland (an event based on Daredevil) his book as been limping to the barn. Marvel is the only thing keeping this book going at this point. If anything else was putting up DD numbers it would be cancelled by now.  

The events are the most important thing happening in the company whether anyone "likes" them or not. So when Daredevil isn't a part of them, it appears that HE'S not important...and he's supposed to be.
#54 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

Any latest news on the DD movie?

For me DD has always been up there with Spidey, Dr Strange & the FF as an Icon of Marvel & to be honest he needs to stay as a solo character but having said that i would love to see him team up with Blade for a Mini :)

#55 Posted by Vance Astro (91404 posts) - - Show Bio
@Chaos Prime said:

For me DD has always been up there with Spidey, Dr Strange & the FF as an Icon of Marvel & to be honest he needs to stay as a solo character but having said that i would love to see him team up with Blade for a Mini :)

That's the thing, none of those characters are really solo. Anyone who is anyone right now is caught up in team-ups and company wide events. 
#56 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4765 posts) - - Show Bio

Give him back his sight.

#57 Posted by Vance Astro (91404 posts) - - Show Bio
@sesquipedalophobe said:

Give him back his sight.

Didn't work the other 3 times, doubt it will now.
#58 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@Chaos Prime said:

That's the thing, none of those characters are really solo. Anyone who is anyone right now is caught up in team-ups and company wide events.

As a one off i dont mind these "team ups" but as a whole im not a fan for the Likes of DD being a team player, even tho he plays the part very well.

Maybe Marvel need to start getting a new fan base for DD with a whole set of new Villians?

Sad the day tho when he isnt dealing with King Pin & his heavys.

#59 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4765 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@sesquipedalophobe said:

Give him back his sight.

Didn't work the other 3 times, doubt it will now.

Fine, then a seeing-eye-dog who also has sonar.

#60 Posted by daredevil21134 (12637 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Prime said:

That would be cool

#61 Posted by Vance Astro (91404 posts) - - Show Bio
@Chaos Prime said:

As a one off i dont mind these "team ups" but as a whole im not a fan for the Likes of DD being a team player, even tho he plays the part very well.

Maybe Marvel need to start getting a new fan base for DD with a whole set of new Villians?

He's getting new villains in his current series. He only has 2 so far but the book is only 22 issues in. I'm sure the Kingpin will make an appearance eventually.
#62 Edited by Zyrok (37 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@Zyrok said:

Why? Really... The only time that DD has gone through a redesign, it looked HORRIBLE. His suit is simple, classic and memorable. I disagree heavilly with this.

I'll my 2 cents. Please, please, please, keep DD out of the events. I HATE having to read something that is shoehorned into a character, and Daredevil being part of an event would definitely be like so for me.

Really, I don't like company wide events at all, I think that they just delay or wreck the storylines that the writer is trying to tell.

If you're talking about the DD Armor, I think most people agree that, that was an awesome costume. Also how are you begging to keep DD out of events when that's mostly the reason his comic isn't selling and might get cancelled. Daredevil hasn't been in good standings sales wise since the end of Bendis' run. Which means that even through Brubaker's Eisner winning run and Diggle's joke of a run with Shadowland (an event based on Daredevil) his book as been limping to the barn. Marvel is the only thing keeping this book going at this point. If anything else was putting up DD numbers it would be cancelled by now. The events are the most important thing happening in the company whether anyone "likes" them or not. So when Daredevil isn't a part of them, it appears that HE'S not important...and he's supposed to be.

Well, I don't want it canceled, obviously, I just wanted to sell more without the need for events, because, in my opinion, it ruins the story. I want DD to sell more, but don't want the story to be ruined. You are saying that you want DD in events so that he won't be canceled? Ok, I can live with that, but what I said (not knowing it was selling that bad) that for my tastes, I don't like when characters participate in events.

And I don't think the armor looked cool. At all.

@TheSwordsman said:

@tupiaz said:

@TheSwordsman: If you don't want to explain your opinion then don't post it. It is pointless. It is fine to have a different taste and opinion doesn't mean you can discus/talk about the subject.

First of all i will post what I want. Second of all I have no interest in someone disagreeing with my opinion on a costume being boring and trying to convince me that it isn't. It is futile. People have different tastes. It's that simple. Nor am i interested in a long conversation about what I post and why. You cannot control anyone over the internet. It is an exercise in futility to even try. Post what you want and I shall do the same. Goodbye.

Discussion, if done properly, is never futile, and I wanted to know why you find the costume boring. If you don't want to discuss, what're you doing in a forum?

#63 Posted by Vance Astro (91404 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zyrok said:

Well, I don't want it canceled, obviously, I just wanted to sell more without the need for events, because, in my opinion, it ruins the story. I want DD to sell more, but don't want the story to be ruined. You are saying that you want DD in events so that he won't be canceled? Ok, I can live with that, but what I said (not knowing it was selling that bad) that for my tastes, I don't like when characters participate in events.

It's hard for Marvel to pull that off. If all the most popular characters are appearing in the event than where does that leave Daredevil? How can he survive on his own when all the buzz is around more important occurrences and characters? Marvel can't figure that out..so in that case he needs to be a part of events. Tie-ins only last about 5-6 issues. Most of the top books that Marvel produced weren't effected by events IMO. I don't ever recall Iron Man,Cap,Thor,Wolvie,Spider Man,Hulk being effected by any event as far as story is concerned. I agree that events do hurt some books and overall most of them aren't very good but Marvel isn't as creative as they once were, they don't have a way of boosting his sales without putting him in events or at least on a popular team. 

@Zyrok said:

Everyone has their own taste but I thought the armor was a decent costume. I'm not suggesting he should go back to it but I don't think Marvel heard a large number of complaints regarding it.
#64 Posted by daredevil21134 (12637 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@Chaos Prime said:

He's getting new villains in his current series. He only has 2 so far but the book is only 22 issues in. I'm sure the Kingpin will make an appearance eventually.

Mark Waid said he isn't gonna use Kingpin or The Hand in his stories

#65 Posted by Vance Astro (91404 posts) - - Show Bio
@daredevil21134 said:

He may not have a choice.
#66 Posted by tupiaz (2241 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Prime said:

@Vance Astro said:

@Chaos Prime said:

Or you could just update/retrocon some of his old enemies to be more serious.

#67 Posted by Vance Astro (91404 posts) - - Show Bio
@tupiaz said:

Or you could just update/retrocon some of his old enemies to be more serious.

I think at this point alot of his older enemies are just worn out. I can't take another Bullseye story arc. I can't take any more stories involving the Hand. Those obscure\ridiculous villains he had later in Vol.1 like Surgeon General,Micha Synn,Crossbow etc. were just two lame to even be revamped. I thought it was pushing it to even use Matador passed Vol.1 because he was such a cheesy and pointless villain. DD has never really had that great of a rogue gallery.
#68 Edited by tupiaz (2241 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: Sadly he hasn't. I wasn't talking about well know7good characters but more obscure once. However I could see the Jester, Matador, Gladiator, Masked Marauder and Mister Hyde work if made up to date/more serious.

#69 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

@Vance Astro said:

@Chaos Prime said:

He's getting new villains in his current series. He only has 2 so far but the book is only 22 issues in. I'm sure the Kingpin will make an appearance eventually.

The Hand im not to fussed with but Kingpin? Thing about Kingpin he can bring in the New Villians as Thugs/Villians for hire & let them expand from there.

#70 Posted by daredevil21134 (12637 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@daredevil21134 said:

He may not have a choice.

I'm ready for a new writer lol

#71 Posted by Zyrok (37 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@Zyrok said:

It's hard for Marvel to pull that off. If all the most popular characters are appearing in the event than where does that leave Daredevil? How can he survive on his own when all the buzz is around more important occurrences and characters? Marvel can't figure that out..so in that case he needs to be a part of events. Tie-ins only last about 5-6 issues. Most of the top books that Marvel produced weren't effected by events IMO. I don't ever recall Iron Man,Cap,Thor,Wolvie,Spider Man,Hulk being effected by any event as far as story is concerned. I agree that events do hurt some books and overall most of them aren't very good but Marvel isn't as creative as they once were, they don't have a way of boosting his sales without putting him in events or at least on a popular team.

@Zyrok said:

Everyone has their own taste but I thought the armor was a decent costume. I'm not suggesting he should go back to it but I don't think Marvel heard a large number of complaints regarding it.

Thank you for the civilized discussion. I agree with all of this, except that events don't hurt the stories. 5-6 issues, in DD case, is 5-6 months. Anyway, I do get the commercial need for this, I to keep a book I adore on the stands, I would not mind the event.

However, I don't want a costume redesign, I really like his look.

BTW, don't you think that the critical acclaim is helping the series? Maybe Marvel thinks that the trades will sell a lot more or something?

#72 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34991 posts) - - Show Bio

The only way to make DD more popular is to change everything I find enjoyable about the character

also if we'r talking about costume updates...

#73 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZEELLO said:

@TheSwordsman said:

You mean the red and yellow one? That was even worse.

#74 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34991 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: @TheSwordsman: What do you think of that design?

#75 Posted by daredevil21134 (12637 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Its a very intereseting look

#76 Posted by Vance Astro (91404 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jonny_Anonymous said:

I like it. I have never really seen a bad DD redesign though.
#77 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@TheSwordsman: What do you think of that design?

Don't like it at all. It's pretty much the same costume with a different color scheme.

#78 Posted by daredevil21134 (12637 posts) - - Show Bio

The Daredevil forums have been really busy lately.I'm liking that

#79 Posted by Vance Astro (91404 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zyrok said:

BTW, don't you think that the critical acclaim is helping the series? Maybe Marvel thinks that the trades will sell a lot more or something?

I wish it did. I'd rather Daredevil stay away from events. There are ways I can think of that Marvel can raise his popularity without the use of events but everything I thought the would never do because I thought they had integrity, they did. I don't know what Marvel thinks will happen with Daredevil. I think End of Days was a ploy to try and generate interest for Daredevil but I don't think it's working.
#80 Posted by daredevil21134 (12637 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@Zyrok said:

I wish it did. I'd rather Daredevil stay away from events. There are ways I can think of that Marvel can raise his popularity without the use of events but everything I thought the would never do because I thought they had integrity, they did. I don't know what Marvel thinks will happen with Daredevil. I think End of Days was a ploy to try and generate interest for Daredevil but I don't think it's working.

He should make appearances in other medis

#81 Posted by Vance Astro (91404 posts) - - Show Bio
@daredevil21134 said:

He should make appearances in other medis

I'd love to see a Daredevil game that is something like Arkham Asylum.
#82 Posted by gravitypress (2066 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil Max would be awesome.

#83 Posted by Vance Astro (91404 posts) - - Show Bio
@gravitypress said:

Daredevil Max would be awesome.

My only problem with MAX is that those books aren't canon and IMO that's probably the issue with End of Days. It's really good but it doesn't really matter because it's a whole other universe.
#84 Posted by gravitypress (2066 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: True. I agree his character needs a new perspective and I am not sure hanging out with the cape and cowl crowd is the thing, he needs the gritty edge. He is falling into the same pitfalls that the Punisher does they don't fit into mainstream Marvel as well as other characters.

#85 Posted by tupiaz (2241 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Marvel could have a second book focus on him in court and the Matt Murdock life and have DD gathering clues to solve the case a more detective feel to the comics.. However that probably wont sell. I more realistic a better way to use this would be to use Matt Murdock a lot more as a lawyer for superheroes. It is done, but i think you could is it more and better.

#86 Posted by Vance Astro (91404 posts) - - Show Bio
@tupiaz said:

Well Marvel could have a second book focus on him in court and the Matt Murdock life and have DD gathering clues to solve the case a more detective feel to the comics.. However that probably wont sell. I more realistic a better way to use this would be to use Matt Murdock a lot more as a lawyer for superheroes. It is done, but i think you could is it more and better.

I actually like that idea. Daredevil has a miniseries that's kind of like that called "Daredevil:Redemption", it's one of my favorite Daredevil stories. He doesn't do alot as Daredevil, he's mostly just Matt Murdock the lawyer.  

@gravitypress said:

@Vance Astro: True. I agree his character needs a new perspective and I am not sure hanging out with the cape and cowl crowd is the thing, he needs the gritty edge. He is falling into the same pitfalls that the Punisher does they don't fit into mainstream Marvel as well as other characters.

Daredevil should be a mainstream character though. I'm all for bringing back the Marvel Knights. I think that would not only help Daredevil but generate buzz for other members.
#87 Edited by tupiaz (2241 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: Yeah heard it is a great story, I have yet to pick it up though.

#88 Edited by ZEELLO (223 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman said:

@ZEELLO said:

@TheSwordsman said:

You mean the red and yellow one? That was even worse.

Red and yellow, yes.

It has more personality I think. It looks more old-timey which I think suits his story well. (fighting organized crime and such)

But it's weird because I don't like Daredevil anyway cause he's blind.. so admittedly I have absolutely no business commenting on the costume. Admittedly, his costume should stay red, unless an actual Daredevil fan thinks otherwise. Take my 2 cents with a grain of salt, as it were.

edit: oh jeez is he holding a cane? why does he fight with a cane when in costume?? I hope that's not a cane but an okinawa weapon of some sort that to us just looks like a cane.

#89 Posted by Vance Astro (91404 posts) - - Show Bio
@tupiaz said:

You probably won't even be able to find it. I've never seen any of Daredevil's minis in comic shops (accept End of Days) I had to order them.
#90 Posted by Vance Astro (91404 posts) - - Show Bio
@ZEELLO said:

It has more personality I think. It looks more old-timey which I think suits his story well. (fighting organized crime and such)

But it's weird because I don't like Daredevil anyway cause he's blind.. so admittedly I have absolutely no business commenting on the costume. Admittedly, his costume should stay red, unless an actual Daredevil fan thinks otherwise. Take my 2 cents with a grain of salt, as it were.

edit: oh jeez is he holding a cane? why does he fight with a cane when in costume?? I hope that's not a cane but an okinawa weapon of some sort that to us just looks like a cane.

-_-
#91 Posted by tupiaz (2241 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@tupiaz said:

You probably won't even be able to find it. I've never seen any of Daredevil's minis in comic shops (accept End of Days) I had to order them.

I have seen it at my local comic book shop. They usually have a lot of old stuff and sometimes opp because the comicbook scene i Denmark isn't that big. If not it wouldn't be a problem to order it or I could just get it of amazon.

#92 Posted by Zyrok (37 posts) - - Show Bio

A videogame would be pretty good for his popularity. Maybe an limited animated series?

#93 Posted by Vance Astro (91404 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zyrok said:

A videogame would be pretty good for his popularity. Maybe an limited animated series?

Marvel used to have a cartoon sequence with Namor,Cap,Hulk,Thor & Iron Man and I believe the cartoons were pretty short so I think they should go back to that. Disney XD should have the room for it. They could do something like that with DD part of the sequence, or they could make a Marvel Knights cartoon with him as some what of a leader figure.
#94 Posted by Zyrok (37 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@Zyrok said:

Marvel used to have a cartoon sequence with Namor,Cap,Hulk,Thor & Iron Man and I believe the cartoons were pretty short so I think they should go back to that. Disney XD should have the room for it. They could do something like that with DD part of the sequence, or they could make a Marvel Knights cartoon with him as some what of a leader figure.

A cartoon a little bit more serious or an cartoon like USM?

#95 Posted by Vance Astro (91404 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zyrok said:

A cartoon a little bit more serious or an cartoon like USM?

They were basically animated comics, I think they took the footage directly from the books and just animated the faces and movement.
#96 Posted by SynCig (627 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't read through the entire thread so Idk how frequently it was said but I agree with a lot of what has been said. Daredevil would benefit so much from a rebooted film. I was really excited about the things I was hearing before he reverted back to Marvel. I also think a cartoon and video game would be great if done correctly.

#97 Posted by daredevil21134 (12637 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@Zyrok said:

Marvel used to have a cartoon sequence with Namor,Cap,Hulk,Thor & Iron Man and I believe the cartoons were pretty short so I think they should go back to that. Disney XD should have the room for it. They could do something like that with DD part of the sequence, or they could make a Marvel Knights cartoon with him as some what of a leader figure.

I like this idea

#98 Posted by Vance Astro (91404 posts) - - Show Bio

@syncig said:

I also think a cartoon and video game would be great if done correctly.

Agreed.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.