Follow

Daredevil

Character » Daredevil appears in 4766 issues.

As a child, Matt Murdock was blinded by radioactive waste while trying to save an elderly stranger about to get hit by a truck carrying the dangerous material. In turn, his other senses were heightened to superhuman sharpness and he gained a form of "radar sense". By day, he is a successful trial lawyer; but by night, he guards Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil: the Man Without Fear.

the TMNT connection

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

as most know, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were created by Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird as a parody/hat-tip to Daredevil, most specifically the Frank Millar established style. The canister of ooze that fell into the storm drain and exposed the turtles and Splinter was meant to have been the same that bounced off Matt Murdock face. Also Master Splinter/Master Stick, The Foot/The Hand, ect.

this blog gives some pretty good opinions and details on the subject, as well as to the long overdue notion of a cross-over.
    http://everydayislikewednesday.blogspot.com/2007/03/dear-marvel.html

any thoughts on the subject?

HouseOfEl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By HouseOfEl

Unlike the author of that blog I was never itching for a DD/TMNT cross-over, but I wouldn't be adverse to one if it happened (I don't think it would do much for exposure at this point however). Could be cool with a good creative team behind it though, and it wouldn't be too strange of a team-up in my opinion. The Turtles are based on Daredevil after all. 

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By danhimself

they were also a parody of the X-men and New Mutants 

the problem with the idea of a crossover is we have no idea what's going on with the TMNT series now that Nick owns the rights to the TMNT...even before the deal happened the comic was only releasing a new issue once every couple of years...who knows what's going to happen to the series now

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By King_Saturn
    I wonder if Daredevil knows how to do the " Ninja Rap " dance... lol
    Agustin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Agustin

A TMNT Daredevil crossover was apparently seriously discussed between Marvel and Mirage back in the late '90s but obviously nothing ever came of it.

According to Dan Berger last year Mirage approached Marvel with the idea of crossovers between the TMNT and some of their characters and there was a lot of excitement from the creative and editorial staff but the big wigs passed because they didn't want the turtles to establish a bigger market presence.  Now that the TMNT is owned a big company I'd imagine they'd be even more opposed to the idea.

the problem with the idea of a crossover is we have no idea what's going on with the TMNT series now that Nick owns the rights to the TMNT...even before the deal happened the comic was only releasing a new issue once every couple of years...who knows what's going to happen to the series now

We had Tales of the TMNT which was published monthly any of the writers who worked on that could write it and Mirage has reserved the right to publish 18 issues a year and distribute them however they want but they arn't taking the opportunity at this time. Though I doubt they'd be the ones publishing a book of this type anyway, it'd be Marvel themselves and with Nick involved they'd want to be either the versions of the turtles from their upcoming movie which is still supposed to be a "darker" Mirage-eqsue adaption or the ones from the cartoon they have in development which is supposed to be a return to the 80's pizza eating, surfer slang, endless mutant animals, Dimenion-X turtles.
    ClarenceDass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ClarenceDass

well there's actually a very cool TMNT series running through IDW. That has sort of it's own take on the history of the turtles while still keeping with the DDD inspired stuff...

That could allow room for a cross over

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yes, yes, yes. This so much needs to be done!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.