Follow

Daredevil

Character » Daredevil appears in 4764 issues.

As a child, Matt Murdock was blinded by radioactive waste while trying to save an elderly stranger about to get hit by a truck carrying the dangerous material. In turn, his other senses were heightened to superhuman sharpness and he gained a form of "radar sense". By day, he is a successful trial lawyer; but by night, he guards Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil: the Man Without Fear.

The Official Daredevil Discussion Thread

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

@qtmxd: I don't think that anyone is touching Maleev, I might be saying to much. But for me Maleev is the definitive artist of Daredevil, the man just captured and brought so pivotal to Daredevil and his world. Yes I to got Sin City type of vibe very the art too, it suits DD very nicely.

Maleev was boss.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yes guys!!

Charles Soule and Ron Garney are taking on "Daredevil" after the long and very successful run of Mark Waid and Chris Samnee. Other than the obvious (including Soule's legal background), what made this team the right one to pick up the series?

Alonso: Charles and Ron come in with a vision for what they want to do with Daredevil. While this series definitely builds on what came before, they are going to leap headfirst into noir -- delving into the darker corners of Murdock's world without getting lost in it. And they are going to bring in a host of fascinating new characters that are going to make Daredevil's job a lot more complicated. Oh, and Charles is a practicing attorney, so expect Matt Murdock's closing arguments to be really on-point. And the rumor sites have one thing wrong -- that's not Gambit next to him.

This is from the Axel column on CBR

Oh yeah man, best news I've hear all day! Leaping headfirst into noir-- yes yes yes YES!! Finally getting away from that Silver Age silliness & back to the REAL DD- both in his career as DD, & Matt Murdock. I'm getting really psyched for the series now; I can already tell it's going to be better than the junk they've been trying to pass off as DD under Waid's pen. Great, great news! Gonna be awesome to be able to actually be excited about picking up a new issue of DD again.

@qtmxd said:
    @theheaven_guardian10 said:

@grenadeflow: Now this is what like to hear, sounds like were finally getting some solid quality Daredevil stories.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Alonso talking up noir and darkness....now that's good news. And I hope the tributes to W is just lip service. 4&1/2 years... pushing 10% of DD's entire history. I can hardly believe this is finally over.

And I didn't know Garney's work, but if it's anything like his work here, we could have something to look forward to....

Thanks for this man, great examples of the raw, gritty stuff Garney can be capable of..hope we see that style here, just glad to actually hear Alonso mention DD & noir in the same sentence lol!

@qtmxd: I don't think that anyone is touching Maleev, I might be saying to much. But for me Maleev is the definitive artist of Daredevil, the man just captured and brought so pivotal to Daredevil and his world. Yes I to got Sin City type of vibe very the art too, it suits DD very nicely.

You & @qtmxd got it right my friend, Maleev is one of the definitive, if not THE definitive artist; like @qtmxd said he's the Rembrandt of comics lol Maleev's DD was classic DD in his iconic suit, but he just had that gritty look about him, the kinetic energy of his art, the shadows of the inks, he's one of the few artists that can make DD look menacing & downright scary. And that's a good thing! Nobody's gonna be able to touch Maleev for a LOOOONG time, that's for sure. Garney I think is going to give us some quality DD art again though, art that is creative & gritty & not some blocky campy stuff like Samnee. Just the thought of having quality art & writing gets me excited & gives me at least one thing to look forward to with Marvel's current All-New initiative.

@qtmxd:I am so sick of the fan service that all these Waid lovers feel they have to give him when they talk about a past,future or present Daredevil writer

@grenadeflow said:

Yes guys!!

Charles Soule and Ron Garney are taking on "Daredevil" after the long and very successful run of Mark Waid and Chris Samnee. Other than the obvious (including Soule's legal background), what made this team the right one to pick up the series?

Alonso: Charles and Ron come in with a vision for what they want to do with Daredevil. While this series definitely builds on what came before, they are going to leap headfirst into noir -- delving into the darker corners of Murdock's world without getting lost in it. And they are going to bring in a host of fascinating new characters that are going to make Daredevil's job a lot more complicated. Oh, and Charles is a practicing attorney, so expect Matt Murdock's closing arguments to be really on-point. And the rumor sites have one thing wrong -- that's not Gambit next to him.

This almost makes wanna shed tears of joy!!I can't believe I'm actually looking forward to something Daredevil comic related.If feels so awkward.Thank you Soule for having a creative brain/I hope you do very well.

I know bro:

No Caption Provided

LOL seriously I'm with yu though, it's great to be able to be excited about a modern DD comic again. It feels awkward after recoiling from Marvel's most recent "efforts", but I'm so glad we can do the opposite now, having both a tv series & a comic series to look forward to. I wish Soule & Garney all the luck in making DD great again, & giving him- & we diehard Hornheads- the type of comic we deserve!

@daredevil21134@theheaven_guardian10@jonny_anonymous@qtmxd@grenadeflow@testament

Wanted to tell you guys ahead of tiem that I'm going to be taking a bit of a vacation this weekend for the 4th, something I feel like I really need, but I'll be back here, ready to chat some more with you awesome folks, my fellow Hornheads, as soon as I get back! I want to wish all you guys a Happy Independence Day & I hope you all have an awesome & safe weekend.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: Enjoy your vacation and stay safe bro.I'll try to get some more Luke Cage comics read so we can have more stuff to chat about.I am ecstatic to hear that Daredevil will be going back to his roots and still have an interesting plot.I think Soule and garney will feel like Miller and Janson to us since DD's been written so terible for the last few years.

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
    TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@daredevil21134: Perfect words man.

@winter_kills: Yeah bro I'm glad we can see perfectly eye on that Maleev is one of pivotal artist, to have ever work on DD. Bro I'm so excited for some new quality Daredevil, it's been a long time coming and very hyped for it. Bro I very very much hope you have fun and enjoy you vacation, you deserve it. Also have Good 4th of July.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY AND 4TH OF JULY MY FEARLESS BROTHERS.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Good to get a confirmation that DD is going back to noir. Interested to read some interviews by Soule, he hasn't impressed me in the past but maybe this will be the one. Also I think when he said "building on what happened before" he really means they will recognise how Matt's identity was put back in the box and they will recognise the people that died at the end of the run.

But yeah Garney is a pretty good choice:

No Caption Provided

@winter_kills have a good holiday man!

qtmxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@qtmxd:I am so sick of the fan service that all these Waid lovers feel they have to give him when they talk about a past,future or present Daredevil writer

@grenadeflow said:

Yes guys!!

This almost makes wanna shed tears of joy!!I can't believe I'm actually looking forward to something Daredevil comic related.If feels so awkward.Thank you Soule for having a creative brain/I hope you do very well.

My remaining concern is that I still think we have to pay attention to how W leaves off. I think you may well have been correct that W wanted to stay... he had a character for whose history he cared nothing, and was allowed to play around and do any ridiculous thing that came to mind with no apparent editorial control whatsoever. That can't be typical. How much of W's continuity will Soule be editorially stuck with? Will the premise be that Matt still has no secret identity and K is still around? Yeah, I doubt it. Even W seems about the restore his identity, put the genie back in the bottle, and Matt's girlfriends are almost always replaced by new writers. But I'm not going to feel free until W's last issue and Soule's first.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@qtmxd: I feel like Alonso and company either got too caught up in the hype that reviewers were giving W,too intimated or just flat out didn't care about Daredevil enough to tell W that his ideas were utterly insane and vastly out of character.I do think Matt will have his secret identity back since Alonso has already stated the courtroom drama will be apart of the book.Hopefully Kirstin gets erased completely or dies.I personally rather she just be erased.I'm also thinking Matt might operate independently as an attorney.Hopefully Foggy moves away like you said,but I think there is a reason why DD's costume is black.

I'm almost 100% W wasn't readu to leave Daredevil yet.I just have that feeling in my gut that he wanted to do more.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: He probably didn't want to leave, all the praise was going to head and Waid started to feel himself. A little to much in my opinion, but that's ok cause he is gone and now. We can get some good solid quality Daredevil stories.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

@qtmxd: I feel like Alonso and company either got too caught up in the hype that reviewers were giving W,too intimated or just flat out didn't care about Daredevil enough to tell W that his ideas were utterly insane and vastly out of character.I do think Matt will have his secret identity back since Alonso has already stated the courtroom drama will be apart of the book.Hopefully Kirstin gets erased completely or dies.I personally rather she just be erased.I'm also thinking Matt might operate independently as an attorney.Hopefully Foggy moves away like you said,but I think there is a reason why DD's costume is black.

I'm almost 100% W wasn't readu to leave Daredevil yet.I just have that feeling in my gut that he wanted to do more.

I was actually really surprised he was able to stay on it as long as he did considering all his work at Boom Studios right now. Dude must not sleep or work super fast.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: He is a workhorse that's for sure.Isn't he still writing a ton of book as well?

@daredevil21134: He probably didn't want to leave, all the praise was going to head and Waid started to feel himself. A little to much in my opinion, but that's ok cause he is gone and now. We can get some good solid quality Daredevil stories.

I agree with that.I think the more praise he got the more crazier his ideas got.I didn't like his work in the very beginning but I was able to tolerate for a good amount of time but then he got a little too extreme.Can't wait to see what Soule does.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Yeah you can totally seen it in his work, in the beginning it was tolerable. But with the more praise he got the extreme his whacky ideas got, I'm so happy that his done. I too am excited to see what Soule does.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Yeah you can totally seen it in his work, in the beginning it was tolerable. But with the more praise he got the extreme his whacky ideas got, I'm so happy that his done. I too am excited to see what Soule does.

I was becoming tolosse faith in humanity the longer he stayed on the title lol

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Hahaha lol I felt the same dude, talk about a black cloud.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

qtmxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm telling ya man.I think Waid was secretly Black Sky lol

I think you've likely been correct all along that with W gone, DD will snap back the classic serious character that he is, and which even 4&1/2 years of the most ridiculous take on a hero in the history of comics couldn't erase. As to why black, yeah, maybe it's mourning, or maybe it has something to do with Shadowland, or it's just time to change. It might not mean anything in particular.
    And it's still July. Three months to go.

Even the blurb at the top of the page says this.... it's not like they ever even acknowledged that W had changed everything.

By day he is a successful trial lawyer, but by night, he guards Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Dude I thought the same thing lol, I'm so happy someone put an arrow through his heart. So to speak lol.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Dude I thought the same thing lol, I'm so happy someone put an arrow through his heart. So to speak lol.

Hahahahah

@qtmxd said:
    @daredevil21134 said:

I think you've likely been correct all along that with W gone, DD will snap back the classic serious character that he is, and which even 4&1/2 years of the most ridiculous take on a hero in the history of comics couldn't erase. As to why black, yeah, maybe it's mourning, or maybe it has something to do with Shadowland, or it's just time to change. It might not mean anything in particular.

Even the blurb at the top of the page says this.... it's not like they ever even acknowledged that W had changed everything.

By day he is a successful trial lawyer, but by night, he guards Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil.

I agree.There is a very good chance the change in suit can mean nothing lol.I'm just glad we can finally feel better again about the future of the greatest character in all of fiction.I never believed that W could fully kill what so many legendary others created,but damn did he test me as a fan.He tested the hell out of my loyalty to Daredevil.But in the end Daredevil is and will always be what Miller established.You can't kill something legendary like that with senseless crap.

qtmxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hahahahah

@qtmxd said:
    @daredevil21134 said:

I agree.There is a very good chance the change in suit can mean nothing lol.I'm just glad we can finally feel better again about the future of the greatest character in all of fiction.I never believed that W could fully kill what so many legendary others created,but damn did he test me as a fan.He tested the hell out of my loyalty to Daredevil.But in the end Daredevil is and will always be what Miller established.You can't kill something legendary like that with senseless crap.

Yes, all the credit in the world to Miller, and also to the other writers who followed him and proved that there were great versions of DD that were not copies. Nocenti had the job of following Born Again, and had a great and varied run, full of experiments, some great, and all of which respected the character and shows what a writer can do who has both imagination and respect. Chichester did a lot of admirable work as well. The character was allowed to fade then, but the runs beginning with the Smith relaunch were top level culminating in Bendis. The contrast between what they did and what W was allowed to get away was like nothing I could have imagined ever happening. Yeah, there were a few ill considered and not very long lived attempts to lighten him up... Kesel, Kelly, Gale.... but 4&1/2 years of Archie's Mad House? Well, I hope one month of Soule and Garney will erase it.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@qtmxd: @daredevil21134: Truth that's what you guys just spoke, no matter what so called fans may think or feel. Waid's run welll never ever be the definitive take, portrayal and description/outline of the character, @daredevil21134 was very correct Miller established something to legendary. Other writers like Nocenti, Chichester, Smith, Bendis and Brubaker only add to the legendary character of Daredevil and his world. @qtmxd said it best Waid's 4&1/2 years run was nothing more that dumb joke, that went on for to long. That's why the new creative team is putting DD were he belongs, in serious, nior, dark and hardboiled world.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Happy 4th to my fellow DD fans

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@qtmxd: I think it will.Hopefully all thse reviewers that overrrated W's rul will show the same kind of love to Soule.

@qtmxd: @daredevil21134: Truth that's what you guys just spoke, no matter what so called fans may think or feel. Waid's run welll never ever be the definitive take, portrayal and description/outline of the character, @daredevil21134 was very correct Miller established something to legendary. Other writers like Nocenti, Chichester, Smith, Bendis and Brubaker only add to the legendary character of Daredevil and his world. @qtmxd said it best Waid's 4&1/2 years run was nothing more that dumb joke, that went on for to long. That's why the new creative team is putting DD were he belongs, in serious, nior, dark and hardboiled world.

Exactly.W tried to be the new Miller and turn DD into archie crap but Betflix reception and common sense sense from other writers said hell no.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Yep bro that's exactly was happened, the Netflix series was a serious reminder of who the real Daredevil is. Waid attempt to be the new Miller failed, so now the Devil can get back to his former groly.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Yep bro that's exactly was happened, the Netflix series was a serious reminder of who the real Daredevil is. Waid attempt to be the new Miller failed, so now the Devil can get back to his former groly.

Yep yep

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@jonny_anonymous: I can guarantee you that Soule is a wonderful choice and he will do a heck of a job with Daredevil. I am more than just sure of the fact that he'll impress you a lot.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997: Well I'll defo give him a shot, he is saying all the right things so far.

qtmxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9530  Edited By qtmxd

I'm not totally sold on the Law and Order angle... on the one hand never forget that DD is a lawyer and it's totally essential, but on the other, it's better in the background and avoid DD is trying to clear some innocent client type stories. But the way he describes Garney's art... dark and fluid... is perfection. With art like that, the stories have more leeway to experiment. And new weird bad guys is also good. And of course no She-Hulk!

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@qtmxd: I really like the lawyer stories like Trial of the Century, Cruel and Unusual and the Murdoch Papers.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I hope for the best and I wish this to be as good as his Swamp Thing run.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997: I'm interested to see what the apprentice is like, sad that it isn't Gambit.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9535  Edited By daredevil21134

@qtmxd:I'm even more excited.

@qtmxd: I really like the lawyer stories like Trial of the Century, Cruel and Unusual and the Murdoch Papers.

Those were some of the best legal stories in Daredevil history.

@tdk_1997: I'm interested to see what the apprentice is like, sad that it isn't Gambit.

Me too but I'll give the new character a chance.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate the fact that they made Daredevils apprentice look so much like Gambit, thats the only complaint I really have. I like the fact that we will see alot of Matt's lawyer life in this , im a fan of DDs lawyer stories. The way he is describing his series makes it seem like its gonna be different. Not waid different though, thank god.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I think this is freaking awesome, I always loved when they focus on the lawyer side of Matt Murdock. It's been a good while since I read a good solid DD lawyer story, mix that with a noir, serious and hardboiled tone and approach for Daredevil. Yes I'm getting more excited and anxious for Soule's run.

qtmxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9538  Edited By qtmxd

@jonny_anonymous: I think this is freaking awesome, I always loved when they focus on the lawyer side of Matt Murdock. It's been a good while since I read a good solid DD lawyer story, mix that with a noir, serious and hardboiled tone and approach for Daredevil. Yes I'm getting more excited and anxious for Soule's run.

I think it's going to work our really well, and a good sign for DD that Marvel wants Soule for this after having given him some big projects like Death of Wolverine. That he hasn't written a book like DD noir before doesn't disqualify him. If the first and only thing I'd read by Bendis was his later Avengers, I never would have thought of him for DD.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@qtmxd: Great points man I think Soule well bring things that satisfied us long time DD fans, but bring new elements that will surprise us in positive way. Totally agree on that note, just cause Soule has never wrote a nior DD. Doesn't mean he can't I heard his Death of Wolverine was pretty good, I think it does say something that Marvel gave him this job too. Yeah going of Bendis current work like Avengers, you wouldn't think he wrote one of the most pivotal runs in Daredevil and comic history. So yes I do think this is going to do well for DD.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't have liked the fact if Gambit was his apprentice.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@qtmxd said:

I think it's going to work our really well, and a good sign for DD that Marvel wants Soule for this after having given him some big projects like Death of Wolverine. That he hasn't written a book like DD noir before doesn't disqualify him. If the first and only thing I'd read by Bendis was his later Avengers, I never would have thought of him for DD.

It also helps that the artist is a jujitsu instructor

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@qtmxd: Great points man I think Soule well bring things that satisfied us long time DD fans, but bring new elements that will surprise us in positive way. Totally agree on that note, just cause Soule has never wrote a nior DD. Doesn't mean he can't I heard his Death of Wolverine was pretty good, I think it does say something that Marvel gave him this job too. Yeah going of Bendis current work like Avengers, you wouldn't think he wrote one of the most pivotal runs in Daredevil and comic history. So yes I do think this is going to do well for DD.

Good points.I asked you a question on the Luke Cage thread.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@qtmxd: @theheaven_guardian10: @jonny_anonymous: Looks like Daredevil season 2 has began filming.This is a surprise since I don't think Jessica Jones has wrapped up and Luke Cage starts filming in August.

http://mcuexchange.com/daredevil-season-two-has-started-filming/

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Maybe in order to start getting the shows out in a more timely manner?

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Maybe in order to start getting the shows out in a more timely manner?

I hope so man.Still no Iron Fist casting and Jones isn't even finished lo.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Thanks man I answered your question on Luke Cage thread, check it out.

I'm happy that Daredevil is already filming S2, were getting screen shots of it. I have a feeling well be looking at Jessica Jones and Luke Cage shoews in the fall and winter time. But that's just what I think.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9547  Edited By Winter_Kills

@daredevil21134@jonny_anonymous@theheaven_guardian10@qtmxd@testament@spideysense44

Hi guys, back from my little mini-vacation from the 4th, hope you guys had a fantastic holiday & weekend. Great news to come back to though, it sounds like Soule is really putting thought into the stories to not only get the noir urban feel, but also Matt's legal career. Getting Matt's life- both as a hero & his everday life- back on track is key; @daredevil21134 mentioned masterfully that Waid had made Matt's everyday life & his supporting cast Archie-like, & I totally agree, perfect analogy- that's not how Matt would relate to his supporting cast or him. I almost expected to see matt & Kirstin hang out at malt shops, seriously. I also love the fact that the art sounds dark, as Soule said whole bottle of ink are being used, this is a GOOD thing, dark atmospheric art instead of something that looks like it'd belong in an old Archie comic or a Silver Age throwback. Excited about new weird villains, DD should face some weird, disturbing foes on the streets. I believe Soule & Garney are going to really have a positive effect on DD, take him out of the campy environment he's been put in and in a more urban fantasy environment. I could be wrong, but I think it's going to be change similar to going from the Silver Age camp to Miller. I think like Bendis & Maleev they're going to be working in the Miller-style, noir environment but also doing new & exciting things. And, honestly, if you can't find new & exciting stories for a complex, awesome character like DD & his world, with all the potential there, then you probably shouldn't be writing DD anyway.

@qtmxd said:

It also helps that the artist is a jujitsu instructor

He is? Awesome. We should get some really kick-a55 fight scenes then.

I also like that the lawyer aspect is being explored because it is a huge part of Matt, a part that has been handled poorly(like just about everything else) with Waid, the stories you guys mentioned, the Murdock Papers, trial of the Century, Cruel & Unusual- those are GREAT law-based DD stories, & I'd excited to see these angles by someone with intimate knowledge of the legal system; it's great to have two creators that can explore these two sides of Matt's life with realism from their own experiences; and the juxtaposition of his sharp legal skills & his fighting skills, two sides of the same man that are at odds but yet Matt manages to make it work; the dichotomies of the character that add to the many othe rthings that make Matt compelling. I think they're going to bring us some fantastic stuff that's going to make Waid's whole run seem like a bad dream, & in time just a bad memory. With this & the awesome show, I think it's a good time to be Hornheads!

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DD already filming makes me really happy, it shows just how good season 1 was. Hopefully we get some more news on Jessica Jones or perhaps a trailer.(probably get a teaser first)

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: Hello there and welcome back buddy, it's great that you had a awesome vacation and 4th. Thank you for the Independence Day wishes, I did have fun.

Yeah bro it definitely sounds like Soule is getting Matt's life back on track, which is a complete mess thanks to Waid. But I have faith that Soule will bring Matt back to his former groly, it is also great to see the lawyer and legal aspect being focus on. I always found that aspect to Daredevil very interesting, compelling and fun to read, I can wait to see Soule's knowledge of the legal system and being a former lawyer displayed. Along with the artist knowledge of jujitsu showcase in the action/fight scenes. Yes bro things are looking up for DD and it's awesome being a Hornhead.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theheaven_guardian10:

Thanks bud, glad to be back! Glad to hear you had fun on the 4th, I did too, a lil' mini-vacation, getting out in the outdoors with my family & having some awesome food...I'm pretty much the grill-meister for any bbqs around here, one of my talents LOL I jut love doing something my whole family could enjoy & celebrate being free & the men & women that sacrifice so much so we can be free. I might take a longer vacation later in the month after my cousin gets married, be clos to some great mountain spots me & my dog just love.

Totally agree on Soule & Garney, couldn't agree more! everything I read about the series from them makes me that much more excited for it- it feels like its been so long since I've been excited for a current DD series, at least since Waid's "reign of terror" began lol But at least it's over, & I think we are getting a team that has the potential to turn thins around, get Matt's life- both as DD & as Matt & an attorney- back on track & back to the noir urban fantasy we love, but bringing things new to the fore as well, just like Bendis & Maleev did, & Bru & Lark. Soule actually using his own background as an attorney is going to be great, because we can get some awesome legal stories, something that really wasn't present in Waid's run, along with a lot of other essential things, & Garney knowing jujitsu, that makes him even cooler; I liked his art already, but he can combine that knowledge with his art & create some pretty fantastic fight scenes- add that to what Soule said about the art being dark & fluid & I'm really excited; we need that darker-edged art, not the Archie-style stuff we've been getting. It sounds to me like Soule & Garney are capable of capturing both sides of Matt's life perfectly, & perhaps with some unique perspectives as well.

DD already filming makes me really happy, it shows just how good season 1 was. Hopefully we get some more news on Jessica Jones or perhaps a trailer.(probably get a teaser first)

Yeah man, Marvel knows how much of a hit it was, & knows that this is the kind of quality that we want to see- they definitely know they have a hit on their hands, & deservedly so; I'm expecting awesome stuff for next season! I'm hoping for a Jessica Jones trailer pretty soon too, I really want to see more of what to expect from the show, & more of Luke, Patsy Walker aka Hellcat & Killgrave the Purple Man. (BTW, awesome avatar, Dr. Strange is awesome!!)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.