Follow

Daredevil

Character » Daredevil appears in 4762 issues.

As a child, Matt Murdock was blinded by radioactive waste while trying to save an elderly stranger about to get hit by a truck carrying the dangerous material. In turn, his other senses were heightened to superhuman sharpness and he gained a form of "radar sense". By day, he is a successful trial lawyer; but by night, he guards Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil: the Man Without Fear.

The Official Daredevil Discussion Thread

Avatar image for tylerdurden7272
    TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@theheaven_guardian10:

@testament: Avenger had nothing on the X-Men and if Marvel had their rights it'd probably still be that way.Cyclops was always my favorite but when Jean died and he began dating Emma and acting more and more like a jerk I stop caring about him.Anyways,hopefully we get some DD news soon.Good DD news!

No Caption Provided

I love Cyclops!!!! And I say that as a Wolverine fan LOL. He's my favorite leader in all of comics. Even though I consider Cap to be the greatest leader, I personally like Scott's methods a lot better and I would fallow him into the depths of Hell. I will disagree on Cycke and Emma though. Even though I loath Emma, I'll say that Scott became a lot more badass when he was with her. He was always like Jean's little puppy when she was alive but when he was with Emma, he stopped being such a boy scout and literally saved his entire race from the brink of extinction. He is a brilliant leader with one the greatest tactical and strategically minds in all of comics. And Scott's ALWAYS been a dick. But for good reason. He's an alpha male. There's a reason why not everyone loves him but they all respect him.

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
    TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6653  Edited By daredevil21134

@testament: That picture wasn't necessary to post since none of us hate Scott.I grew up on the 90's Jean loving boy scout version of Scott and that's what I like.And I don't agree that he's always been a dick.He always kept his team at an arms length except for Jean and Xaiver.I'd call him more detached than a dick.And why does every character half to be a bad ass?The X-Men have plenty of them.Scott was always a great leader with or without Emma.Anyways that's just how I feel about him.I don't like him as a douche.Let Magneto keep that role.

TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134:

I just posted that picture because I thought it was cool. Scott has always been an Alpha Male. He's always kept everyone in line, even in the Claremont days. I guess you're right, he wasn't always a dick per say but he was no Captain America. The thing I love most about the 2000s Cyclops is that unlike almost every other leader in comics he's willing to what's nessacary...no matter what the cost. And he's not the same as Magneto (or wasn't). He did what he had to because his entire race was on the line and he had to do some questionable things but he did so out of desperation to save his specious. If it wasn't for him his entire race would have been non existant a long time ago. Why does every character have to be badass? Well they don't but...Bendis, Miller, Nocenti, Mack, Smith, Brubaker = hardcore badass DD. Would you say W's DD fits in that category? Of course not. Badass is not always a good thing but I just find the tactically brilliant stratagist who saves his entire race from the brink of extinction, creates a Black Opps team designed to get rid of threats that the X Men can't handle and goes balls out with his blasts more. I won't say I dislike 90s Cyclops but the 2000s Cyclops is someone I would fallow to Hell and back

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134:

I just posted that picture because I thought it was cool. Scott has always been an Alpha Male. He's always kept everyone in line, even in the Claremont days. I guess you're right, he wasn't always a dick per say but he was no Captain America. The thing I love most about the 2000s Cyclops is that unlike almost every other leader in comics he's willing to what's nessacary...no matter what the cost. And he's not the same as Magneto (or wasn't). He did what he had to because his entire race was on the line and he had to do some questionable things but he did so out of desperation to save his specious. If it wasn't for him his entire race would have been non existant a long time ago. Why does every character have to be badass? Well they don't but...Bendis, Miller, Nocenti, Mack, Smith, Brubaker = hardcore badass DD. Would you say W's DD fits in that category? Of course not. Badass is not always a good thing but I just find the tactically brilliant stratagist who saves his entire race from the brink of extinction, creates a Black Opps team designed to get rid of threats that the X Men can't handle and goes balls out with his blasts more. I won't say I dislike 90s Cyclops but the 2000s Cyclops is someone I would fallow to Hell and back

I can respect that analysis.You have good points.But the Scott I grew up with would've never had a bloody team like the X-Force under the X-Men.So it's a little too different for me.ANd of all the women he could've dated why did it have to be someone the love of his life hated.Ugh.Anyways I'll go back to hating on Waid.

TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134:

Of course I respect your opinion too. We just got to agree to disagree that's all. And for the record, I can't stand Emma Frost. I just think he was written better in the 2000s

And we talk enough about Waid. Who do you think is the most badass supervillain of all time?

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134:

Of course I respect your opinion too. We just got to agree to disagree that's all. And for the record, I can't stand Emma Frost. I just think he was written better in the 2000s

And we talk enough about Waid. Who do you think is the most badass supervillain of all time?

I'm gonna say Magneto.

TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134:

Good choice bro. Magneto is definitely one of my all time favorites but I'm gona go with Dr Doom

jriddle73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134:

Good choice bro. Magneto is definitely one of my all time favorites but I'm gona go with Dr Doom

Pre-Waid Doom all the way. Sadly, infuriatingly, another corpse in Waid's corpus.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: @testament: I personal love 90's and 2000 Scott his is and well probably be one my favorite Marvel heroes, for all the reasons you both name. I just find the state of X-verse trash right now just like DD for a number of reasons.

Yes argee with you both on the bad guys Magneto and Dr. Doom both artists when comes to the art of villainly. But for me it's The Joker, Green Goblin and Reverse-Flash. Deathstroke isn't a joke either and can't forget are guy Bulleyes.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kirsten got acknowledged in Superior Iron Man :(

I wouldn't recommend that issue to DD fans

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grenadeflow: Thanks for the heads up, I known I well regret this. But happened in the issue?

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I seen the scans.Matt continues to get his butt whopped.I have no idea why people here praise this series.Why Matt continues to go to Stark with no plan is beyond me.

TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@testament said:

@daredevil21134:

Pre-Waid Doom all the way. Sadly, infuriatingly, another corpse in Waid's corpus.

What the Hell did Waid do to my favorite villain??? I haven't read Waid's Doom

TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: @testament: I personal love 90's and 2000 Scott his is and well probably be one my favorite Marvel heroes, for all the reasons you both name. I just find the state of X-verse trash right now just like DD for a number of reasons.

Yes argee with you both on the bad guys Magneto and Dr. Doom both artists when comes to the art of villainly. But for me it's The Joker, Green Goblin and Reverse-Flash. Deathstroke isn't a joke either and can't forget are guy Bulleyes.

Well Magneto and Doom aren't necessarily pure evil though. That's what I love about them. Magneto truly believes what he is doing is the right thing and has always been more of an antihero than a villain and you gotta remember, all Doom ever wanted was to save his mother's soul from Hell. And then when he finally saves her soul, she can't stand the sight of him because he used Dr. Strange's soul as a bargaining chip. I love the more tragic villains. I see you're more into street levelers. Deathstroke is great and of course I love Bullseye but I'm more into the rivalry of Matt and Lester than I am Lester's character. I love Bullseye but my top 5 would go like this.

1. Dr. Doom

2. Magneto

3. Omega Red (Omega Red is a beast, totally underrated)

4. Joker

5. Apocalypse

special mention to Blackheart, another very underrated villain (I think it's very cool that he started out as a Daredevil villain and then moved on to Ghost Rider and became insanely powerful.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6666  Edited By GrenadeFlow

@theheaven_guardian10: DD went in with no plan and got his ass handed to him then stark mind wiped him.

@daredevil21134: In good news Bullseye was awesome in Elektra. I want to post a great scan from that but its still NCBD.

qtmxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theheaven_guardian10 said:

Well Magneto and Doom aren't necessarily pure evil though. That's what I love about them. Magneto truly believes what he is doing is the right thing and has always been more of an antihero than a villain and you gotta remember, all Doom ever wanted was to save his mother's soul from Hell. And then when he finally saves her soul, she can't stand the sight of him because he used Dr. Strange's soul as a bargaining chip. I love the more tragic villains. I see you're more into street levelers. Deathstroke is great and of course I love Bullseye but I'm more into the rivalry of Matt and Lester than I am Lester's character. I love Bullseye but my top 5 would go like this.

1. Dr. Doom

2. Magneto

4. Joker

5. Apocalypse

special mention to Blackheart, another very underrated villain (I think it's very cool that he started out as a Daredevil villain and then moved on to Ghost Rider and became insanely powerful.

No one has mentioned Red Skull?...isn't he the most purely evil major villain anywhere? Maybe that makes him less interesting, but who could be more totally evil?
    Yeah, I remember a very old origin story where he was a butler or something who was trained, but I don't think anyone else remembers that.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theheaven_guardian10: DD went in with no plan and got his ass handed to him then stark mind wiped him.

@daredevil21134: In good news Bullseye was awesome in Elektra. I want to post a great scan from that but its still NCBD.

"Did he erase his memories of Kirstin?Too bad he can' hide secrects like Elektra.

TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@qtmxd said:

@testament said:

1. Dr. Doom

2. Magneto

4. Joker

5. Apocalypse

No one has mentioned Red Skull?...isn't he the most purely evil major villain anywhere? Maybe that makes him less interesting, but who could be more totally evil?

Yeah, I remember a very old origin story where he was a butler or something who was trained, but I don't think anyone else remembers that.

I like Red Skull but I prefer the villains to be more complex and have emotion and depth. Now as for your question, I believe Darksied is the embodiment of evil and has done more evil things (destroying universes and what-not).

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@testament: Oh I know bro Magneto and Doom aren't pure evil, but when they do engage in

the act of vllainy. They are some of the best, but there both are epic. I heard that Waid mucked up Doom as well.

Good choice man very nice, mine would be.

1. Green Goblin

2. The Joker

3.Reverse-Flash

4. Magneto

5. Deathstroke

TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@testament: Oh I know bro Magneto and Doom aren't pure evil, but when they do engage in

the act of vllainy. They are some of the best, but there both are epic. I heard that Waid mucked up Doom as well.

1. Green Goblin

2. The Joker

3.Reverse-Flash

4. Magneto

5. Deathstroke

Now I'm starting to hate Waid. I really, really passionately hate that douchebag. First my favorite Superhero now my favorite Supervillain?

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: With W writing Daredevil, were lucky Matt can throw a punch. Which he can barely do, cause remember being fumbling goof ball. Is more relatable than a no hardboiled ninja vigilante.

@testament: Right on with that one about Darksied.

@grenadeflow: I'm not surprise by this, I can't shake this feeling it kind of sweet thing. That awesome about Bullseye and Elektra,.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: With W writing Daredevil, were lucky Matt can throw a punch. Which he can barely do, cause remember being fumbling goof ball. Is more relatable than a no hardboiled ninja vigilante.

@testament: Right on with that one about Darksied.

@grenadeflow: I'm not surprise by this, I can't shake this feeling it kind of sweet thing. That awesome about Bullseye and Elektra,.

I'm still waiting for W to make Matt walk into a door.

jriddle73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jriddle73 said:

@testament said:

@daredevil21134:

1. Green Goblin

2. The Joker

3.Reverse-Flash

4. Magneto

5. Deathstroke

Now I'm starting to hate Waid. I really, really passionately hate that douchebag. First my favorite Superhero now my favorite Supervillain?

He got to Doom before DD. It's part of why I didn't want him to have anything to do with DD (and I pretty much called exactly what he'd do with DD before he did it as well, though I never dreamed he be able to take it as far as he did).

Some exposition (stuff you probably already know but others may not): Dr. Doom was a variation on a standard comic-book character, the megalomaniacal villain bent on conquest. But right from the beginning, he was invested with a nobility not found in such heartless villains. No matter how villainous he became, for example, he would always keep his word, even to his own disadvantage. He was always supremely self-confident, something he never lost even when he himself lost and badly. The will of Doom is absolutely unbreakable--once, he exposed himself, bare-faced, to the Purple Man, who couldn't do a thing with him (Killgrave was terrified).

He was a gypsy from the fictitious land of Latveria, where gypsies were oppressed by the king. His backstory as it developed over time included the fact that his mother had been a sorceress who made a deal with Mephisto--she was trying to improve her people's lot, gain the power to defeat the tyrant who tormented them, but the demon tricked her, gave her more power than she could control and it brought tragedy and her own death. And Mephisto claimed her soul. Years later, Doom's face was scarred in a lab accident in college (which he attended with Reed Richards) as he tried to contact the netherworld (Ed Brubaker's much-later "Books of Doom" would introduce the idea that this was an early effort to get at his mother's soul, and Doom's horrific scarring a punishment by the demon). Later still, after Doom had overthrown the government of Latveria and made himself ruler, he descends to the dungeon of his castle to summon demonic forces and battle them for the soul of his mother. Every year, he has his ass handed to him, and every year he goes back for more. Years later, in an excellent graphic novel called "Triumph & Torment" (the strongest possible recommendation for anyone who hasn't read it), Doom is able to maneuver Dr. Strange into owing him a boon, and what he asks is assistance in freeing his mother's soul from the demon. Strange, at one point, asks Doom why he didn't just ask for help, which Strange would have gladly provided. Doom's reply was that he would undergo any hardship, but "Doom doesn't beg." And that's just the way he is--he doesn't ask for help. He would die before putting himself in debt to or under the authority of anyone else. And he knows as much as any mortal about the perils of dealing with demons.

At the same time, Doom, in his younger years, once loved a woman. Her name was Valeria. He loved her the way he'd only ever loved his mother, but his will is such that, when offered the chance, he was unwilling to give up his dreams of conquest to be with her. He wasn't at all cold in this decision--it clearly hurt him, just about the only thing that ever has. Still, he loves Valeria and has, over the decades, always protected her, to the point that he has refused to even harm Valeria dopplegangers that have been directed his way over the years. She's sort of his unbreakable link with humanity.

In his earliest Silver Age appearances (and for some time after), Doom had a major chip on his shoulder about proving that, between he and Reed Richards, his was the superior intellect. As far as Doom's agenda goes though, that was literally decades in the past when Waid took over the writing chores on the Fantastic Four and, in astonishingly ugly fashion, flushed down the toilet everything I've just described. Under Waid's pen, proving himself smarter than Richards was suddenly the only thing that mattered to Doom. So much so that, in order to gain the power to defeat Reed, Doom made a deal with a group of demons. He tracked down and murdered Valeria in one of the most horrible ways imaginable and even fashioned and wore a new armor made of her flesh. In exchange, the demons made him their servant, granting him the power to sadistically torment the FF.

All of his nobility was gone. Everything that had been done with the character for decades was gone. To prove himself superior to Reed--something that hadn't been on his agenda for decades--Doom made a deal with demons--a fundamentally out-of-character confession that he couldn't take the FF on his own--to kill Valeria--the woman he would never, under any circumstances harm--in order to make himself a servant to demons--again, fundamentally out-of-character from top to bottom, inside and out. Not just un-Doom-like, but anti-Doom. And it got worse; when, later, the FF then went to Latveria (with Doom trapped in Hell), Waid presented Doom's rule of that nation as a mirror of the then-current regime of Saddam Hussein in Iraq! An amoral tyrant who regularly committed atrocities and mass murder against his own people.

Collectively, this completely destroyed what had been one of Marvel's greatest creations, all for shock-value. Gimmickry to sell books Waid lacked the talent to sell without it.

(This is an adaptation of an article I wrote a few years ago--I'm reworking it for the 4-Color Noir site on Fbook)

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jriddle73: I remembered this it as wonderful post as it was then very insightful.

TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@testament said:

@jriddle73 said:

@testament said:

@daredevil21134:

@testament said:

1. Green Goblin

2. The Joker

3.Reverse-Flash

4. Magneto

5. Deathstroke

He got to Doom before DD. It's part of why I didn't want him to have anything to do with DD (and I pretty much called exactly what he'd do with DD before he did it as well, though I never dreamed he be able to take it as far as he did).

Some exposition (stuff you probably already know but others may not): Dr. Doom was a variation on a standard comic-book character, the megalomaniacal villain bent on conquest. But right from the beginning, he was invested with a nobility not found in such heartless villains. No matter how villainous he became, for example, he would always keep his word, even to his own disadvantage. He was always supremely self-confident, something he never lost even when he himself lost and badly. The will of Doom is absolutely unbreakable--once, he exposed himself, bare-faced, to the Purple Man, who couldn't do a thing with him (Killgrave was terrified).

He was a gypsy from the fictitious land of Latveria, where gypsies were oppressed by the king. His backstory as it developed over time included the fact that his mother had been a sorceress who made a deal with Mephisto--she was trying to improve her people's lot, gain the power to defeat the tyrant who tormented them, but the demon tricked her, gave her more power than she could control and it brought tragedy and her own death. And Mephisto claimed her soul. Years later, Doom's face was scarred in a lab accident in college (which he attended with Reed Richards) as he tried to contact the netherworld (Ed Brubaker's much-later "Books of Doom" would introduce the idea that this was an early effort to get at his mother's soul, and Doom's horrific scarring a punishment by the demon). Later still, after Doom had overthrown the government of Latveria and made himself ruler, he descends to the dungeon of his castle to summon demonic forces and battle them for the soul of his mother. Every year, he has his ass handed to him, and every year he goes back for more. Years later, in an excellent graphic novel called "Triumph & Torment" (the strongest possible recommendation for anyone who hasn't read it), Doom is able to maneuver Dr. Strange into owing him a boon, and what he asks is assistance in freeing his mother's soul from the demon. Strange, at one point, asks Doom why he didn't just ask for help, which Strange would have gladly provided. Doom's reply was that he would undergo any hardship, but "Doom doesn't beg." And that's just the way he is--he doesn't ask for help. He would die before putting himself in debt to or under the authority of anyone else. And he knows as much as any mortal about the perils of dealing with demons.

At the same time, Doom, in his younger years, once loved a woman. Her name was Valeria. He loved her the way he'd only ever loved his mother, but his will is such that, when offered the chance, he was unwilling to give up his dreams of conquest to be with her. He wasn't at all cold in this decision--it clearly hurt him, just about the only thing that ever has. Still, he loves Valeria and has, over the decades, always protected her, to the point that he has refused to even harm Valeria dopplegangers that have been directed his way over the years. She's sort of his unbreakable link with humanity.

In his earliest Silver Age appearances (and for some time after), Doom had a major chip on his shoulder about proving that, between he and Reed Richards, his was the superior intellect. As far as Doom's agenda goes though, that was literally decades in the past when Waid took over the writing chores on the Fantastic Four and, in astonishingly ugly fashion, flushed down the toilet everything I've just described. Under Waid's pen, proving himself smarter than Richards was suddenly the only thing that mattered to Doom. So much so that, in order to gain the power to defeat Reed, Doom made a deal with a group of demons. He tracked down and murdered Valeria in one of the most horrible ways imaginable and even fashioned and wore a new armor made of her flesh. In exchange, the demons made him their servant, granting him the power to sadistically torment the FF.

All of his nobility was gone. Everything that had been done with the character for decades was gone. To prove himself superior to Reed--something that hadn't been on his agenda for decades--Doom made a deal with demons--a fundamentally out-of-character confession that he couldn't take the FF on his own--to kill Valeria--the woman he would never, under any circumstances harm--in order to make himself a servant to demons--again, fundamentally out-of-character from top to bottom, inside and out. Not just un-Doom-like, but anti-Doom. And it got worse; when, later, the FF then went to Latveria (with Doom trapped in Hell), Waid presented Doom's rule of that nation as a mirror of the then-current regime of Saddam Hussein in Iraq! An amoral tyrant who regularly committed atrocities and mass murder against his own people.

Collectively, this completely destroyed what had been one of Marvel's greatest creations, all for shock-value. Gimmickry to sell books Waid lacked the talent to sell without it.

(This is an adaptation of an article I wrote a few years ago--I'm reworking it for the 4-Color Noir site on Fbook)

Jriddle this was an excellent, beautiful representation and analysis of why I love Doom's character. Here's a fun fact, Magneto actually took inspiration from Victor, especially under Chris Claremont's pen. Like I said, I love complex characters. I also took it upon myself to read on Waid's Unbreakable before you posted this and I was disgusted. Especially with the fact that so many people were praising it as the greatest Doom story of all time (Oh the irony). One of the major factors of Doom's character that I love, is that he is a master of both Magick and Science. Him making a deal with those Demons wasn't the worst part for me or even the way he brutally massacred the love of his life. It was Doom basically admitting that he could not win with Science and needed Magick to defeat Richards. Doom would NEVER do any of that. Also Doom loves the people of his country (unlike Hussein). Yes he is a monarch/dictator but he actually cares about the people of his country. He built his small country from the ground up.

If Doom needed Magick to defeat Richards, the first thing he would have done when he became omniscience after he absorbed the Beyonder's powers was murder the entire Fantastic Four. But he didn't. You know why? Because it would be to easy, Doom not only needs to prove he is smarter than Richards in EVERY way (that includes Science, especially Science) but he needs to embarrass him in the process. Sadly what Waid did to Doom is irreversible. I do like Valeria Richards and I do believe she was a step in the right direction but it doesn't rectify Doom killing the love of his life. Waid is like a cancer. I'll never get why he's able to completely destroy a character and people praise him in the process. At least people were able to see his Hulk was complete garbage and get him off there. Maybe Hulk fans are somehow smarter than the rest of us? lol

I'll agree, Doom is definitely one of Marvel's greatest creations. And Waid was able to destroy him in but 3 storylines.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

This week's Elektra was super good. The inside of Bullseye's mind was really dark and horrible. I am really scared to see how the final issue ends because I don't want Bullseye to be crippled or dead.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

This week's Elektra was super good. The inside of Bullseye's mind was really dark and horrible. I am really scared to see how the final issue ends because I don't want Bullseye to be crippled or dead.

But with the reboot will it even matter?

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: I hope the reboot put things how they should be, but still glad that Bullseye is still maniac marksman.

@testament: Doom was/is one of the best villains in comics and Waid schmucked that up as well. This is sicknesses that needs to be cured.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#6680  Edited By Teerack

@daredevil21134: Yes because they didnt start 5 books in the past three months for all their story to not matter. im sure it will be more or less back to nomal after secret wars but with the ultimate characters dumped on the 616 new earth

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

@daredevil21134: Yes because they didnt start 5 books in the past three months for all their story to not matter. im sure it will be more or less back to nomal after secret wars but with the ultimate characters dumped on the 616 new earth

If they did restart it wouldn't surprise me though but I guess you're right.I think the wole DD universe is gonna get retconed .

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

If they did restart it wouldn't surprise me though but I guess you're right.I think the wole DD universe is gonna get retconed .

I doubt Marvel are rebooting. I wonder when the DD merch will start popping up

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grenadeflow: They won't reboot everthing but some very differebt changes are coming.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Why do I have a feeling that well better then the crap we have now.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Why do I have a feeling that well better then the crap we have now.

Cause the crap right now isn't anything special.Anyone can write stories for 10 year olds

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@testament said:

@daredevil21134:

Hickman Doom is the best Doom.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6691  Edited By daredevil21134

@daredevil21134: I would have said 7 years, but it's all still juvenile.

Yup,it's a bunch of silly stuff then throw in Foggy's got cancer and Matt has depression issues(even though rarely ever showed them until recently) and 95% of all the silly stuff gets overlooked.

TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jriddle73 said:

@testament said:

@daredevil21134:

Hickman Doom is the best Doom.

Yes, Hickman's Doom was probably the best modern Doom but me and Jriddle would agree that classic Doom was, is and always will be the one pulling the strings ;)

qtmxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Let's hope and pray that DD is one of them.

He'll get a shake-up and he'll be a founding member of this new world's Defenders.

I'm going back to thinking that DD will be restored to Hell's Kitchen with his secret identity back, conveniently justified by Secret Wars. But that still gives me nothing for the next year. First, W or some other writer will put DD through an editorially mandated Last Days series that has nothing really to do with him. Then, or concurrently, some very brief cameos in War Zones. Then, back to a more traditional DD because it's easier to maintain than the current wisecracking celebrity version. The new series probably won't start for another year, and after all this, we can only hope it will be any good.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Your being nice dude, I'll say it 97% silly crap.

@qtmxd: I'll bee down for that anything to get rid off the clowns on DD, creative team as well.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@qtmxd: I'll bee down for that anything to get rid off the clowns on DD, creative team as well.

Yeah,I'm in a good mood today.

@qtmxd said:

@daredevil21134 said:

He'll get a shake-up and he'll be a founding member of this new world's Defenders.

I'm going back to thinking that DD will be restored to Hell's Kitchen with his secret identity back, conveniently justified by Secret Wars. But that still gives me nothing for the next year. First, W or some other writer will put DD through an editorially mandated Last Days series that has nothing really to do with him. Then, or concurrently, some very brief cameos in War Zones. Then, back to a more traditional DD because it's easier to maintain than the current wisecracking celebrity version. The new series probably won't start for another year, and after all this, we can only hope it will be any good.

I don't think anything great comic wise is happenning with DD this year.Secret Wars starts in May and I'm not sure how long it will last.I see a rebooted DD sometime towards the end of the year or early 2016.

qtmxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah,I'm in a good mood today.

@qtmxd said:

@daredevil21134 said:

I don't think anything great comic wise is happenning with DD this year.Secret Wars starts in May and I'm not sure how long it will last.I see a rebooted DD sometime towards the end of the year or early 2016.

Yeah. And Last Days and Secret Wars are concepts where he doesn't belong, but will be forced to hang out on the outskirts insofar as he appears at all. . He may even get a hiatus. Which means another year of this.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@qtmxd: I'm pretty sure he won't a hiatus.I thinkhe'll be back in Hell's Kitchen with Foggy and Karen and a clean slate.He'll also be a member of the Defenders .W has no staying power.His rub will become a footnote in a few years.All DD needs is a good writer who understands him.The good thing about W is the next writer will most likely wanna do something different.If a writer gets a fresh crack at him and the show proves to be popular we'll see a noir-ish DD appear again.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@qtmxd: I don't known if he go hiatus maybe, he should instead have W be on the title.

@daredevil21134: I'll write DD and I bet I'll make it awesome, or at least way better than W. Not trying to be cocky, I love writing and I want to get into comics/manga, plus I got a lot of ideas for DD. But I hope your write I hope the new writer, has respect, love and honor for DD.

qtmxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@qtmxd: I'm pretty sure he won't a hiatus.I thinkhe'll be back in Hell's Kitchen with Foggy and Karen and a clean slate.He'll also be a member of the Defenders .W has no staying power.His rub will become a footnote in a few years.All DD needs is a good writer who understands him.The good thing about W is the next writer will most likely wanna do something different.If a writer gets a fresh crack at him and the show proves to be popular we'll see a noir-ish DD appear again.

I don't mean a long hiatus, just a few months. W should finish this meandering mess, then someone should do Last Days story for a couple of months, unless W's wind-up is Last Days. In War zones, he could be on hiatus, but make a few cameos somewhere. But a new series won't start till 2016. And you're right, I doubt if they'll go with the wisecracking celebrity he's become. It's too obviously wrong. Whether the new team will be good is another matter.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@qtmxd: I hope it's Lemire, my dream would be Snyder.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.