Follow

Daredevil

Character » Daredevil appears in 4766 issues.

As a child, Matt Murdock was blinded by radioactive waste while trying to save an elderly stranger about to get hit by a truck carrying the dangerous material. In turn, his other senses were heightened to superhuman sharpness and he gained a form of "radar sense". By day, he is a successful trial lawyer; but by night, he guards Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil: the Man Without Fear.

The Official Daredevil Discussion Thread

qtmxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@daredevil21134 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@qtmxd said:

@daredevil21134: I don't mean to get hung up on Waid's take on DD's only scuffle with Hawkeye from 47 years ago.. but as you point out, it's part of making DD a buffoon. Instead of tragedy, he's a klutz.

As for Charles Soule, Death of Wolverine was a big deal, so good, bad, or indifferent, if Marvel puts him on DD, it means they're serious. It's not like hiring Andy Diggle and giving him the job of destroying him.

Andy Diggle is a far bigger name and a much better writer than Soule

But at the moment Soule seems to be one of their go to guys.

If Soule takes over I'll continue not to read it

whoever it is, it better be at least readable... we can't do this for another four years!

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6002  Edited By daredevil21134

@qtmxd: I hope it is,I really do.

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
    TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@qtmxd: @daredevil21134: Probably the same reason why Fraction writes Clint as buffoon who isn't capable of handling anything, him and Waid think there breaking new ground. By making them more human and highlighing there weakness, and the things they can't do. I have a hard time trying to figure out which of them is worse.

qtmxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theheaven_guardian10: these are like parodies of bumbling super heroes, nothing new, and neither writer is incapable of writing in a more serious tone if they chose... but Marvel has decided that it's been okay to do it to these characters

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

qtmxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: We already knew he would get his red costume lol

@qtmxd: @daredevil21134: Probably the same reason why Fraction writes Clint as buffoon who isn't capable of handling anything, him and Waid think there breaking new ground. By making them more human and highlighing there weakness, and the things they can't do. I have a hard time trying to figure out which of them is worse.

Hawkeye was so pathetic me and you could probably beat him up.I'm surprised he didn't die by accidentally walking into Thor's hammer.These characters have so much history so writers come up with the most stupidest ways to write them and call them different.And because a lot of people like comedy the rate them as something golden.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: In the bottom picture of that article.Where Matt is walking on the street , there seemed to be something on the ground right behind his feet.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@qtmxd: That pradoies or spoofs of there former selves, not fresh, cool or any type of appealing about it in my eyes. It for little kids and toddlers, which is right about Marvel's lane right now.

@daredevil21134: You ain't never lying Bro specially about, Matt and Clint are two of Marvel's the most skilled and deadly heroes. Yet the Waid and Fraction write them, you would think they are two of Marvel's most inhibits incompetent heroes. I don't know how anyone can find comedy in these bland, generic stories.

On more positive note the show sounds like it's coming awesomely, I'm so glad there going with a precise, accurate representation of Matt/DD. I so hyped that Matt well be getting iconic crimson suit, love there adding all the elements that make DD and other heroes like special.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6017  Edited By daredevil21134

@theheaven_guardian10: Well they said he would have his red suit.We just don't know how red lol.I think Clint will be okay in Jeff LeMire's hands.His writing is pretty serious.I hope DD gets the same treatment.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Hmmm.... I find statement interesting, I'm not disagreeing with you. I actually agree with you, but would you please elaborate on that. On how the best stories about superheroes are the ones not really about superheroes.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theheaven_guardian10: Well for instance Daredevil is fantastic because it's mature crime noir. DnA Nova and Guardians and Hickman's Fantastic Four are great because they are proper cosmic sci fi. Constantine is great because it's supernatural horror. Spider-Man is at it's best when it's slice of life. X-Men is at it's best when when it's about racism.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Like I said before anything us step up from that movie version Lol, which I don't think the show inspiration from.

Jeff LeMire is dope I really enjoy his work, specially on Green Arrow. I can't wait to see what he does with Hawkeye, I have faith that DD well get a writer that honor and respect him.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Bravo sir on the post bravo, just gave the outline not only DD but other teams and characters as well. I feel the same way about Spidey, DD and X-Men.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theheaven_guardian10: Well for instance Daredevil is fantastic because it's mature crime noir. DnA Nova and Guardians and Hickman's Fantastic Four are great because they are proper cosmic sci fi. Constantine is great because it's supernatural horror. Spider-Man is at it's best when it's slice of life. X-Men is at it's best when when it's about racism.

YUp

@daredevil21134: Like I said before anything us step up from that movie version Lol, which I don't think the show inspiration from.

Jeff LeMire is dope I really enjoy his work, specially on Green Arrow. I can't wait to see what he does with Hawkeye, I have faith that DD well get a writer that honor and respect him.

Hopefully

Avatar image for tylerdurden7272
    TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@qtmxd: @jonny_anonymous: @theheaven_guardian10: @daredevil21134:

Comic UI has an exclusive on the suit.

We have reached out to our source in New York and received some more detailed information regarding the DAREDEVIL costume. Our source, who we’re gonna call Jack (in honor of Battlin’ Jack Murdock, but is NOT the character involved in the description), gave us a detailed breakdown of a scene and the suit. The sad part of most movie sets is that the crew usually doesn’t have much comic book knowledge, just film skills and knowhow. Due to that, we couldn’t get to the exact outfit, but the following description gives us a GREAT idea.

The scene in question starts with the Kingpin ordering his goons to shoot daredevil, and at the last minute Daredevil grabs a pipe on the ground and throws it, knocking the gun out of his hand. The suit Daredevil was wearing is black with red and looked like a latex scuba suit. He also confirmed it also having red lines down it as highlights as well.

The crew member who witnessed this scene filming was asked to compare it to the already revealed outfit and confirmed it was NOT the same one. So he definitely gets another ‘suit’. Judging by this description, we looked into several Daredevil versions from the years. The closest one we found is the costume used in Marvel’s 2004 series Secret War. In there, “Daredevil adopted a stealthy red and black outfit to distance himself from the original identity”. This evolution from ninja outfit to stealth suit seems pretty logical, and the Secret War evolution is most logical, to keep silent and stealthy.

Below, we’ve included the Secret War alternate costume for Marvel Heroes and an image from the Secret War series as well for you to take a look at. After reading this description AND looking into it, we’ve decided that this is what we speculate the final costume will be for the series. The other popular option includes the Armored variant, but that doesn’t seem to fit into the Marvel Cinematic Universe too well. Also, the variant he wears in Shadowland is making rounds as well. Judging from our source on set, we’re still thinking Secret War.

Are you ready to see what outfit Marvel delivers in 2015 for DAREDEVIL when it premiers on Netflix? Perhaps you have a better idea of what it could look like, let us know!

http://news.comicui.com/2014/12/daredevil-costume-update-from-the-set/

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@testament: Excellent work.I think the Secret War costume is good for tv!

TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134:

Thanks bro I also think the seen where he throws the pipe to disarm the thug's gun will be the introduction to his batons. What do you think?

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134:

Thanks bro I also think the seen where he throws the pipe to disarm the thug's gun will be the introduction to his batons. What do you think?

I'm hoping they mistaked his batons for pipes,because didn't he have batons in his black ninja outfit they showed us?

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6027  Edited By daredevil21134
    TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@testament said:

@daredevil21134:

I'm hoping they mistaked his batons for pipes,because didn't he have batons in his black ninja outfit they showed us?

No he didn't actually. He had blood on his hand but that's it. If my theory is correct, he should get his billy clubs later on in the series

LOL Thanks Daredevil!

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@qtmxd: @jonny_anonymous: @theheaven_guardian10: @daredevil21134:

Comic UI has an exclusive on the suit.

We have reached out to our source in New York and received some more detailed information regarding the DAREDEVIL costume. Our source, who we’re gonna call Jack (in honor of Battlin’ Jack Murdock, but is NOT the character involved in the description), gave us a detailed breakdown of a scene and the suit. The sad part of most movie sets is that the crew usually doesn’t have much comic book knowledge, just film skills and knowhow. Due to that, we couldn’t get to the exact outfit, but the following description gives us a GREAT idea.

The scene in question starts with the Kingpin ordering his goons to shoot daredevil, and at the last minute Daredevil grabs a pipe on the ground and throws it, knocking the gun out of his hand. The suit Daredevil was wearing is black with red and looked like a latex scuba suit. He also confirmed it also having red lines down it as highlights as well.

The crew member who witnessed this scene filming was asked to compare it to the already revealed outfit and confirmed it was NOT the same one. So he definitely gets another ‘suit’. Judging by this description, we looked into several Daredevil versions from the years. The closest one we found is the costume used in Marvel’s 2004 series Secret War. In there, “Daredevil adopted a stealthy red and black outfit to distance himself from the original identity”. This evolution from ninja outfit to stealth suit seems pretty logical, and the Secret War evolution is most logical, to keep silent and stealthy.

Below, we’ve included the Secret War alternate costume for Marvel Heroes and an image from the Secret War series as well for you to take a look at. After reading this description AND looking into it, we’ve decided that this is what we speculate the final costume will be for the series. The other popular option includes the Armored variant, but that doesn’t seem to fit into the Marvel Cinematic Universe too well. Also, the variant he wears in Shadowland is making rounds as well. Judging from our source on set, we’re still thinking Secret War.

Are you ready to see what outfit Marvel delivers in 2015 for DAREDEVIL when it premiers on Netflix? Perhaps you have a better idea of what it could look like, let us know!

http://news.comicui.com/2014/12/daredevil-costume-update-from-the-set/

Nice! I was hoping it was going to be the Secret Wars suit.

No Caption Provided

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Waid made it look like Matt's dad used to beat his mum but then he did a switcharoo at the end and it was really Matt's mum (who was ill) hurt his dad.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@theacidskull: Waid made it look like Matt's dad used to beat his mum but then he did a switcharoo at the end and it was really Matt's mum (who was ill) hurt his dad.

Not a fan, huh?:P

Wasn't Matts mum a nun tho?

Not a fan of anything Waid does to Daredevil.

Yeah this was before she left to become a nun.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: She had postnatal depression after Matt was born. Now me saying that makes it sound pretty dark right? But it wasn't because while all this is being told Matt is running around Wakanda chasing after his mum who is now a Greenpeace activist\Banksy.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Is that Elektra?

I would say so judging by the earrings

@theacidskull: She had postnatal depression after Matt was born. Now me saying that makes it sound pretty dark right? But it wasn't because while all this is being told Matt is running around Wakanda chasing after his mum who is now a Greenpeace activist\Banksy.

I really liked how it was implied in the Battlin Jack series that she because she felt that she shamed her parents.I don't like the fact that Waid gave her an excuse as to why she left.It's makes it a bit less grey.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6038  Edited By GrenadeFlow

@daredevil21134: It looks like the only people that care about Kirsten are Waid and Samnee hahaha even Marvel artists don't care and use a character that has appeared in Daredevil like once in the last 3 years.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6039  Edited By daredevil21134

@grenadeflow said:

@daredevil21134: It looks like the only people that care about Kirsten are Waid and Samnee hahaha even Marvel artists don't care and use a character that has appeared in Daredevil like once in the last 3 years.

Kirstin sucks.I honestly have no idea what people see in her other than annoyance.I'm not even sure if Waid knows if they're dating or not.This has be the record of the longest Matt has stayed around a love interest and hasn't slept with her.Edit,I think it is Kirstin(sigh)

TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...
    Loading Video...

Future Spiderman/Daredevil is imminent!!! It may happen. Watch these videos for more information.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@

Loading Video...
    Loading Video...

Future Spiderman/Daredevil is imminent!!! It may happen. Watch these videos for more information.

@punyparker Thoughts?

TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134:

What are your thoughts on it? I'm a huge fan of Spidey/Daredevil team ups cause that's what got me into Daredevil in the first place. So you can imagine how excited I am.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134:

What are your thoughts on it? I'm a huge fan of Spidey/Daredevil team ups cause that's what got me into Daredevil in the first place. So you can imagine how excited I am.

As long as they keep it street level and adult orientated i'm cool with it.I don't want any witty banter back and forth with them talking about the Kardashians like Waid did.If Spider-Man says something funny I want DD just stare at him.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Kirsten has darker skin than that

@testament said:

@daredevil21134:

As long as they keep it street level and adult orientated i'm cool with it.I don't want any witty banter back and forth with them talking about the Kardashians like Waid did.If Spider-Man says something funny I want DD just stare at him.

I would rather see DD/Punisher I've always enjoyed seeing them together in comics

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grenadeflow: I have to agree.I think Spidey is going towards the Avenger route anyways.

qtmxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6046  Edited By qtmxd

@grenadeflow said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@testament said:

@daredevil21134:

I would rather see DD/Punisher I've always enjoyed seeing them together in comics

Simplify things for me here, guys... no one knows who the woman is in that variant? Kirsten, Echo, who? (and I hate even typing the name of that horrible, annoying, mocking K woman... her very existence is like chalk screeching on a blackboard).

And I do not want DD in a Spider-Man movie, nor to I take seriously guys on video who call him "The Daredevil" . do they even read him? And the rationale...give SONY DD because he's cheap! Same old, same old. I don't want DD with Spider-Man again in comics either. Peter sucks up all the oxygen. And Matt is an adult. He needs adult friends.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Spidey and DD team up, yes I am so down with this, as long has there only one Spider and not a cheap knockoff version of him. I agree with you DD, when Peter inevitably make Matt give the look like( Really?) And if he does find humor in what Peter he should give him alittle chuckle or smirk, but none the less I'm really stoked to see two of my Marvel favorite characters team up.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Spidey and DD my two faves

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@qtmxd said:

@grenadeflow said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@testament said:

@daredevil21134:

Simplify things for me here, guys... no one knows who the woman is in that variant? Kirsten, Echo, who? (and I hate even typing the name of that horrible, annoying, mocking K woman... her very existence is like chalk screeching on a blackboard).

And I do not want DD in a Spider-Man movie, nor to I take seriously guys on video who call him "The Daredevil" . do they even read him? And the rationale...give SONY DD because he's cheap! Same old, same old. I don't want DD with Spider-Man again in comics either. Peter sucks up all the oxygen. And Matt is an adult. He needs adult friends.

HAHAHA STOP!YOU'RE KILLING ME MAN!I think the woman has Elektra's signature earrings and the background also suggest it's Elektra.

@daredevil21134: Spidey and DD team up, yes I am so down with this, as long has there only one Spider and not a cheap knockoff version of him. I agree with you DD, when Peter inevitably make Matt give the look like( Really?) And if he does find humor in what Peter he should give him alittle chuckle or smirk, but none the less I'm really stoked to see two of my Marvel favorite characters team up.

The video hardly suggest that anything will be official.I don't think Sony is gonna ask for DD out ofll the characters they can ask for.They might ask for The Hulk.

qtmxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6050  Edited By qtmxd

@daredevil21134: right again. that video was a couple of fans who don't even seem to know much about DD speculating and jumping to conclusions because that's what fans do (we should know, LOL.) And I'm still wary about even wanting Spider-Man. We've gotten all this great Avengers stuff in the movies and now we're getting DD. Because Marvel had to build an MCU without Spiders and mutants.
    and right on who SONY would want... they want somebody like The Hulk, a good choice with a lot of kid fans, especially given that Marvel doesn't seem to have solo plans for him anyway. They will not "settle for " DD.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.