Should there be a Daredevil MAXX ongoing?

Posted by QueenCorp15 (1035 posts) 1 year, 4 months ago

Poll: Should there be a Daredevil MAXX ongoing? (23 votes)

Yes 83%
No 17%

Dont get me wrong i have been LOVING mark waids run. Mark is my favorite writer of all time (besides chris claremont) an i like how hez made his run not as dark an depressing as usual daredevil stories. But DAMMIT i want my DD stories dark & depresssing thats when DD at his best, hell the whole Miller/Bendis/Brubaker runs were all one giant depressing tale, an they were GREAT. I also know a lot of ppl have not been happy with waids run bcuz its been too happy & light, so i think they should make a DD MAXX series for all the ppl who want dark stories. I know they made that new series daredevil dark knights which can be dark but every story is a new creative team so there really cant be an ongoing story. So i would LOVE to see DD MAXX bcuz just think DD could be darker than its ever been before under the MAXX line. This would also mean maybe more bigger writers would want to write since they dont have to hold back anything. Id love to see maybe garth ennis write it or greg rucka or even maybe paul dini since hez now workn with marvel tv on ultimate spiderman id also love to see scott snyder do his first work over at matvel with this book.

Your thoughts?

#1 Posted by QueenCorp15 (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#2 Posted by daredevil21134 (12641 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

YES!!!! I can't stand the current swashbuckling version.Bring back my dark and gritty Daredevil

#3 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (35001 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd read a Garth Ennis Daredevil MAX

#4 Posted by Billy Batson (58315 posts) - - Show Bio

Snyder's already done Marvel work (Iron Man Noir) and Dini's still working for DC (The Fishnets Brigade).

How do you misspell Max?

BB

#5 Posted by daredevil21134 (12641 posts) - - Show Bio

Snyder's already done Marvel work (Iron Man Noir) and Dini's still working for DC (The Fishnets Brigade).

How do you misspell Max?

BB

lol

#6 Posted by TDK_1997 (15074 posts) - - Show Bio

I was a fan of Waid's run but the last few issues were really disappointing and I actually started to miss the good old days when Daredevil was a dark character that had a lot of tragic and awesome moments.God,I really want a Daredevil Maxx series.

#7 Edited by QueenCorp15 (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

@billy_batson: my keyboards messed up so i can either have 2xx or none, an paul dini doesnt have a contract with DC he only wrote a graphic novel hez not writing an ongoing series plus hez doing all the marvel animated shows so he could easily write a marvel series if he wanted too

#8 Posted by daredevil21134 (12641 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

I was a fan of Waid's run but the last few issues were really disappointing and I actually started to miss the good old days when Daredevil was a dark character that had a lot of tragic and awesome moments.God,I really want a Daredevil Maxx series.

Man I miss the good days too

#9 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (884 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Mark Waid's run but after reading Bendis/Maleev's run, I would love to have a darker Daredevil too. Especially something where there are no holds barred. I don't think Daredevil has enough exposure and I really hope they keep him with 2 titles. Waid and End of Days before and now Waid and Dark Nights. I hope they keep it that way. Keeping him out of all the Avengers stories just sucks so I hope they keep him with his own 2. Matt deserves it!

#10 Posted by daredevil21134 (12641 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Mark Waid's run but after reading Bendis/Maleev's run, I would love to have a darker Daredevil too. Especially something where there are no holds barred. I don't think Daredevil has enough exposure and I really hope they keep him with 2 titles. Waid and End of Days before and now Waid and Dark Nights. I hope they keep it that way. Keeping him out of all the Avengers stories just sucks so I hope they keep him with his own 2. Matt deserves it!

I think he's better off out of Avengers stories.But I do enjoy picking up two Daredevil titles month

#11 Posted by Daiohnysis (128 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark waids run sucks balls

#12 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35001 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, I would kill for a Greg Rucka Daredevil MAX

#13 Edited by daredevil21134 (12641 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark waids run sucks balls

A-men!!!!!!

Man, I would kill for a Greg Rucka Daredevil MAX

Me too!!!!

#14 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35001 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by daredevil21134 (12641 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35001 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by daredevil21134 (12641 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (35001 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by GrenadeFlow (1673 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I miss the darker DD stories

#20 Posted by daredevil21134 (12641 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm starting to notice a lot of people do

#21 Posted by GrenadeFlow (1673 posts) - - Show Bio

@grenadeflow said:

those stories made me a fan of the character, Waid's take was cool at first but I'm now getting bored of it.

I feel that if you've only read Waid's run you would love this take.

#22 Edited by daredevil21134 (12641 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

@grenadeflow said:

those stories made me a fan of the character, Waid's take was cool at first but I'm now getting bored of it.

I feel that if you've only read Waid's run you would love this take.

Well it's been 3 years now. I think we had a nice little break from gritty Daredevil. Well most people usually fall in love with their first exposition to the character and view them as the definite characterization of the character. Me and you are no different.

#23 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35001 posts) - - Show Bio

give it to me now

#24 Posted by Heratu (13 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm tired of campy lame Daredevil so please, yes.

#25 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12589 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd prefer a Marvel Knights series but BRING BACK THE GRITTY!

#26 Posted by daredevil21134 (12641 posts) - - Show Bio

@heratu said:

I'm tired of campy lame Daredevil so please, yes.

I know,it's awful

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.