Shadowland Villain Theory

#1 Posted by Icon (2077 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember when Joe Quesada accidentally announced Andy Diggle as the writer to take over from Ed Brubaker (before it was to be properly announced) him saying that Diggle had really interesting plans for Daredevil, including a new villain. I'll try to find the exact quote if I can, I think it was from an edition of Cup O'Joe at CBR. Anyway, the recent Shadowland teasers got me thinking. What if the villain that is going to be "born" in Shadowland is that villain Joe Q was referring to? What if it isn't Matt Murdock but something or someone who hasn't been completely revealed yet?  

Anyone else know what I am talking about? I'll try to find that article so it doesn't look like I am imagining things. lol

#2 Posted by Rosebunse (151 posts) - - Show Bio

It makes sense...but we want to see Daredevil turn bad! We do and don't deny! Plus, it would look horrible for this big build-up of tragedy to finally happen and then we just get some guy being under the mask. But who could the villain be? How long ago was this interview?
#3 Posted by Icon (2077 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rosebunse said:

" It makes sense...but we want to see Daredevil turn bad! We do and don't deny! Plus, it would look horrible for this big build-up of tragedy to finally happen and then we just get some guy being under the mask. But who could the villain be? How long ago was this interview? "

It was early in 2009 I believe. And sorry, I wasn't able to find it when I did a search. I should have tried before making a topic about it. You can all think I'm crazy and imagining things if you want. ;]  

I'm really looking forward to seeing DD's dark side during Shadowland as well. Snakeroot and the Hand have played him well. Should be an interesting summer in his corner of the Marvel U.  
#4 Posted by daredevil21134 (11925 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure the guy in the black outfit is Matt but as far as him turning bad i doubt that will happen he is one of marvels greatest heros and money makers 500 issues plus says alot  and if he does it won't last long shadowland is only 5 issues and just for the record as a long time Daredevil fan i do not want to see Daredevil turn bad and lose his friends and his reputation as a hero which are basically the only thing he has left he already lost everything else like his identity his love of his life and the justice system so no i don't want to see daredevil turn bad nor am i looking forward to that whatt i want to see is him enter the heroic age and get a break thats what real daredevil fans would want
#5 Posted by Daredevilwithoutfear (90 posts) - - Show Bio
@daredevil21134 said:
" I'm pretty sure the guy in the black outfit is Matt but as far as him turning bad i doubt that will happen he is one of marvels greatest heros and money makers 500 issues plus says alot  and if he does it won't last long shadowland is only 5 issues and just for the record as a long time Daredevil fan i do not want to see Daredevil turn bad and lose his friends and his reputation as a hero which are basically the only thing he has left he already lost everything else like his identity his love of his life and the justice system so no i don't want to see daredevil turn bad nor am i looking forward to that whatt i want to see is him enter the heroic age and get a break thats what real daredevil fans would want "
I agree I do not want Daredevil to be Evil  and loose his friends and his Rep.. and Yes DD does deserve a Break as well..
#6 Posted by daredevil21134 (11925 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you my TRUE fellow Daredevil fan
#7 Posted by AfternoonWalker (56 posts) - - Show Bio

i like the direction, but i really don't want to see matt be redeemed, especially if he crosses a certain line...  i didnt even like the previews i saw where the avengers were ok with what daredevil was doing, especially since they should all know what the hand do.

#8 Posted by daredevil21134 (11925 posts) - - Show Bio

Ya ok
#9 Posted by Citizen 14 (1236 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil is in need of a change. Let him be the villain. I think it would be interesting.

#10 Posted by daredevil21134 (11925 posts) - - Show Bio

I disagree he is one of marvels best there are ways to change him without damaging his reputation like making him come out of his box and be an avenger but like i said before if your a true Daredevil fan you dont want to see him become a villain he has already been through too much he need a break it so easy to write tragedy bcause it makes money but if you read daredevil as much as i do the dude deserves a break

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.