Satanic Daredevil

#1 Posted by Oddity (16 posts) - - Show Bio

At first appearance I assumed Daredevil was a devil worshiper. Some say he's Catholic. If he is Catholic then why does he dress up like the devil?

#2 Posted by PowerHerc (84035 posts) - - Show Bio

He is a Catholic who dresses ironically for the dual purpose of acting as the heroic guardian of Hell's Kitchen and because he was teasingly called 'Daredevil' by other kids when he was growing up because he never did anything risky (by order of his father).  Rest assured, friend, he's pretty damned far from being an actual devil, a demon or a devil-worshipper. 
#3 Edited by Oddity (16 posts) - - Show Bio

So he dresses like the devil because he was teased as a kid? Good thing they didn't call him a fairy or I guess he would dress like Tinker Bell.

#4 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think he's a practicing Catholic. He every so often confesses in a confessional. 

#5 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

He's actually a die-hard Catholic. His mother is even a nun. 

And PowerHerc pretty much said it all. It's also an homage to his father's nickname he used in the Boxing Ring- Jack "The Devil" Murdock. 

#6 Posted by Oddity (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Good thing his father's nickname wasn't Jack "The Hitler" Murdock.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.