Follow

Daredevil

Character » Daredevil appears in 4764 issues.

As a child, Matt Murdock was blinded by radioactive waste while trying to save an elderly stranger about to get hit by a truck carrying the dangerous material. In turn, his other senses were heightened to superhuman sharpness and he gained a form of "radar sense". By day, he is a successful trial lawyer; but by night, he guards Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil: the Man Without Fear.

Official Daredevil Fans Against Waid Thread

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

@jonny_anonymous: don't worry, I'm over it. you fellas have fun with your dead horse. I'll be readin' comics.

for the record, I know I probably came off as hostile towards you 3, but I was just trying to cut through some silliness. I mean you 3 no harm or disrespect and look forward to pleasant exchanges in the future - DD-related or otherwise.

it's what Foggy would have wanted ^_^

cool?

cool!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Avatar image for littleredrobinhood
    LittleRedRobinHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

*high five*

So, you probably said this somewhere in the previous pages but, what's an especially meaningful chapter of pre-volume 3 Daredevil that I should go back and read? Is there a particular arc or mini-series that defined a certain era in the DD mythos? Perhaps something Kingpin related? I've always thought Fisk was a cool baddie but so far I don't think I've read much about DD vs. Fisk. Is Fisk still in charge of The Hand, btw?

I guess this post could still be considered on-topic since it is about quality pre-Waid stories.

I'm just so into DD right now. I feel like I've reached a comic book epiphany like "why was did it take so long to check out this character?!?!"

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254  Edited By daredevil21134

*high five*

So, you probably said this somewhere in the previous pages but, what's an especially meaningful chapter of pre-volume 3 Daredevil that I should go back and read? Is there a particular arc or mini-series that defined a certain era in the DD mythos? Perhaps something Kingpin related? I've always thought Fisk was a cool baddie but so far I don't think I've read much about DD vs. Fisk. Is Fisk still in charge of The Hand, btw?

I guess this post could still be considered on-topic since it is about quality pre-Waid stories.

I'm just so into DD right now. I feel like I've reached a comic book epiphany like "why was did it take so long to check out this character?!?!"

You could read any of Frank Miller's stuff. But if you want some more Kingpin start with Daredevil volume 2 the outing then go all the way up from there to Ed Brubaker;s run it's really really good stuff. It's also unfortunate that a lot of DD's more classic stuff aren't collected in tpb's but a lot of his more modern and important stories are.Since he's my favorite character I had to know everything so I started with Stan Lee and went up lol. Yeah I spent a lot of money on DD

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Good news man.Kevin Fiege just said Daredevil will appear in the not so distant future of the Marvel cinematic universe and he mentioned the Bendis and Brubaker runs and everything before those so maybe we won't get Waid's Daredevil on film

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#256  Edited By Wolverine008

This sh%t is still going. I didn't think only two guys could support a thread so long.

Lol.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#257 vance_astro  Moderator

@wolverine08 said:

This sh%t is still going. I didn't think only two guys could support a thread so long.

Lol.

HA!

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc95e8faaad6
    deactivated-5cc95e8faaad6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

Lol.

HA!

Well if you actually read the damn comments you'll realize it's not just 2 pepole

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@vance_astro said:

@wolverine08 said:

Lol.

HA!

Well if you actually read the damn comments you'll realize it's not just 2 pepole

Well, maybe if you lighten up a bit, you could take a harmless joke.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

mike grell on daredevil would make me so happy. it will never happen but...

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@jonny_anonymous said:

Why are you saying this to me? I didn't say it?

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well it could also relaunch with Waid I guess

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I decided based off this comment to go back through the whole thread and yeah..... it's basically just two people keeping the thread alive.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

I decided based off this comment to go back through the whole thread and yeah..... it's basically just two people keeping the thread alive.

We're keeping it alive but we aren't the only ones who don't like the series

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134:

A comic could be the greatest piece of fiction ever written with unbelievably beautiful art and there will still be those who don't like it.

It is funny though when people see the thread and think "oh there must be a lot of support for this thread" and the reality is far from it.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx said:

@daredevil21134:

A comic could be the greatest piece of fiction ever written with unbelievably beautiful art and there will still be those who don't like it.

It is funny though when people see the thread and think "oh there must be a lot of support for this thread" and the reality is far from it.

So what's wrong with two vocal people who don't like a series?There are lots of people who keep threads alive

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx said:

@daredevil21134:

So what's wrong with two vocal people who don't like a series?There are lots of people who keep threads alive.If the news is true about him leaving this threads dies anyways.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134:

I don't personally have a problem with it but if it somehow leads to less people buying DD's book then it becomes a problem for any of his fans. You do want comic readers to support his series right? That way we get more series like the Dark Knights mini currently going on, better chances of a new movie, better chances of getting the top creators. There are a lot of people who don't really know DD and don't consider him A-list these days. Not that I think it's a realistic possibility but can you imagine if Marvel actually dropped him from having a solo series and just threw him on an Avengers team for good?

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271  Edited By daredevil21134

@irishx said:

@daredevil21134:

I don't personally have a problem with it but if it somehow leads to less people buying DD's book then it becomes a problem for any of his fans. You do want comic readers to support his series right? That way we get more series like the Dark Knights mini currently going on, better chances of a new movie, better chances of getting the top creators. There are a lot of people who don't really know DD and don't consider him A-list these days. Not that I think it's a realistic possibility but can you imagine if Marvel actually dropped him from having a solo series and just threw him on an Avengers team for good?

Yeah that would suck but other than this thread every other website on the internet praises it so I don't think we're hurting Daredevil that much

LittleRedRobinHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Congratulations! You did it!

No Caption Provided

I thought this image was appropriate. Give or take 1 person. =P

Just messin' with you, guys. It's all good*.

*as long as a new run starts IMMEDIATELY.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Congratulations! You did it!

No Caption Provided

I thought this image was appropriate. Give or take 1 person. =P

Just messin' with you, guys. It's all good*.

*as long as a new run starts IMMEDIATELY.

That was funny but I won't celebrate too much unless I know for sure Waid isn't coming back.So until it's officially confirmed i'm not celebrating

LittleRedRobinHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't that be the most pointless thing ever? End a series you planned on continuing with the same staff?! Seriously, that would be a step closer to the Issue #1 every month insanity I mentioned in the other thread.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

It's simple....Dysney got the rights back to DD,so they want to make a movie or something,from it.....the NEW comicbook will be associated with the movie,and the direction will be the same.....like Bendis's Avengers back in the day.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's simple....Dysney got the rights back to DD,so they want to make a movie or something,from it.....the NEW comicbook will be associated with the movie,and the direction will be the same.....like Bendis's Avengers back in the day.

I agree

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

I agree

Unfortunatelly(or fortunatelly) this is the case......after 2008 Tony Stark is looking like RDJ,and after Avengers Cap's hat is without wings(like in the movie),Coulson is a character in the comic-books etc......merchandizing.Promotion.

The same will happen with Daredevil,and if Sony finds a way to co-operate with Dysney,we will see Peter living with his Aunt,and hunting for pictures again......why?...cause Andrew Garfield is doing so,in the movie.....

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134 said:

@punyparker said:

I agree

Unfortunatelly(or fortunatelly) this is the case......after 2008 Tony Stark is looking like RDJ,and after Avengers Cap's hat is without wings(like in the movie),Coulson is a character in the comic-books etc......merchandizing.Promotion.

The same will happen with Daredevil,and if Sony finds a way to co-operate with Dysney,we will see Peter living with his Aunt,and hunting for pictures again......why?...cause Andrew Garfield is doing so,in the movie.....

Very true.I think that's why they were also flirting with pairing Hawkeye and the Black widow up again

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279  Edited By PunyParker

@daredevil21134 said:

@punyparker said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@punyparker said:

I agree

Very true.I think that's why they were also flirting with pairing Hawkeye and the Black widow up again

Exacly.

BTW,are you happy about Matt going back to Marvel?!

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280  Edited By daredevil21134

@littleredrobinhood said:

Wouldn't that be the most pointless thing ever? End a series you planned on continuing with the same staff?! Seriously, that would be a step closer to the Issue #1 every month insanity I mentioned in the other thread.

I wouldn't put it past Marvel to do something like that.The reason i'm also skeptical about it is because a couple days ago Mark Waid said that he was planning on taking Daredevil to new heights.So I think it's gonna be relaunched with the same creative team for 3.99

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281  Edited By daredevil21134

@daredevil21134 said:

@punyparker said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@punyparker said:

I agree

Exacly.

BTW,are you happy about Matt going back to Marvel?!

My feelings are mixed because I like a more dark and gritty Daredevil.And i'm not sure Disney is willing to do that and when you don't do that you end up getting the current series

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well the just did exactly that with Captain Marvel

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous:

Speaking of history, in 2014 Daredevil will be celebrating his 50th anniversary in comics. In the advance solicitations they’ve dropped hints about something big happening. When we talked with Waid and Samnee back in August they played coy, but this time out we pressed Waid hard about Daredevil’s prospects in the new year.

“They're...interesting. And quite unexpected and quite familiar at the same time,” the writer reveals. “They may or may not involve a drastic shift in Matt Murdock's career and lifestyle. But we do know this one thing for sure: the Waid/Samnee/Rodriguez/Caramagna team isn't going anywhere, and we're striving for new heights!”

This is what was said a couple of days earlier

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jonny_anonymous:

Speaking of history, in 2014 Daredevil will be celebrating his 50th anniversary in comics. In the advance solicitations they’ve dropped hints about something big happening. When we talked with Waid and Samnee back in August they played coy, but this time out we pressed Waid hard about Daredevil’s prospects in the new year.

“They're...interesting. And quite unexpected and quite familiar at the same time,” the writer reveals. “They may or may not involve a drastic shift in Matt Murdock's career and lifestyle. But we do know this one thing for sure: the Waid/Samnee/Rodriguez/Caramagna team isn't going anywhere, and we're striving for new heights!”

This is what was said a couple of days earlier

le sigh

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know you guys hate waids run and all, but I'm bummed out that his series is getting canned you know? because essentially waid is the one who made me like Daredevil in the first place, and to me that counts for a lot :)

It might not be getting canned

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

look what they said a couple days ago

But I guess it could also mean they might take on another title.Either way I won't be happy until I know for sure but for now i'll just expect a relaunch with the same team

LittleRedRobinHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know you guys hate waids run and all, but I'm bummed out that his series is getting canned you know? because essentially waid is the one who made me like Daredevil in the first place, and to me that counts for a lot :)

Agreed.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290  Edited By daredevil21134

@theacidskull said:

Agreed.

Might not end

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 vance_astro  Moderator

@theacidskull said:

The only reason I have an issue with it is because the QUALITY of Waid's run isn't the reason for low sales.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292  Edited By daredevil21134

@vance_astro said:

@theacidskull said:

The only reason I have an issue with it is because the QUALITY of Waid's run isn't the reason for low sales.

I heard Marvel is happy with Waid's DD sales.But what is your reason?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@daredevil21134 said:

I don't know what it's selling right now. Last I checked it wasn't that high. I don't know what other reason they'd cancel DD for. If Marvel is happy with the sales and the critical acclaim is there as well. Even changing writers doesn't make sense. Unless Waid, is burnt out and wants to do something else.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134 said:

I don't know what it's selling right now. Last I checked it wasn't that high. I don't know what other reason they'd cancel DD for. If Marvel is happy with the sales and the critical acclaim is there as well. Even changing writers doesn't make sense. Unless Waid, is burnt out and wants to do something else.

I think they might relaunch it and sell it for 3.99

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 vance_astro  Moderator

@daredevil21134 said:

I want Echo back :(

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134 said:

I want Echo back :(

Me too.What if David Mack became the next wrtiter

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 vance_astro  Moderator

@daredevil21134 said:

I'd be cool with that. Mack wasn't half bad. We need a better artist on this thing too.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134 said:

I'd be cool with that. Mack wasn't half bad. We need a better artist on this thing too.

Hmmmmm......Mack and............Finch lol

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: I am only worried,because in Bendis's Avengers Matt refused to be an Avenger,and that was for a reason.....Maybe he wont be an Avenger,and only have a live action series,or something.......Spider-Man was an Avenger,for God's sake.....

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: I am only worried,because in Bendis's Avengers Matt refused to be an Avenger,and that was for a reason.....Maybe he wont be an Avenger,and only have a live action series,or something.......Spider-Man was an Avenger,for God's sake.....

You didn't like Spidey an an Avenger?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.