Follow

Daredevil

Character » Daredevil appears in 4766 issues.

As a child, Matt Murdock was blinded by radioactive waste while trying to save an elderly stranger about to get hit by a truck carrying the dangerous material. In turn, his other senses were heightened to superhuman sharpness and he gained a form of "radar sense". By day, he is a successful trial lawyer; but by night, he guards Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil: the Man Without Fear.

Off YOUR Mind: What Should Happen to the Daredevil Movie Franchise?

• 126 results
    nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By nerdork

I would definitely go see another Daredevil movie. Though, a recast is vital, obviously. In my opinion, Michael C. Hall would make a great Matt Murdock.

Avatar image for silverhammerman
    SilverHammerMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By SilverHammerMan

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Sue they have made a lot of crap but FOX is the only chance DD has of being a darker style and tone, when/if Marvel make the film it will just be Spider-Man in a red suit with super senses

Sony's never going to let Marvel get their hands on Spider-Man if they can do anything about it, so a Daredevil movie in the vein of Spider-Man would be the closest we can expect to come to a Spidey movie set in the Marvel cinematic universe. I mean, I like Daredevil to be dark, but I'd also like to see Marvel do a swashbuckling street level movie. I think a balance would be good, combine the Spider-Man type stuff with Daredevil's darker undertones, then bring the dark stuff to the forefront in the sequels.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#103  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @SilverHammerMan said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Sue they have made a lot of crap but FOX is the only chance DD has of being a darker style and tone, when/if Marvel make the film it will just be Spider-Man in a red suit with super senses

Sony's never going to let Marvel get their hands on Spider-Man if they can do anything about it, so a Daredevil movie in the vein of Spider-Man would be the closest we can expect to come to a Spidey movie set in the Marvel cinematic universe. I mean, I like Daredevil to be dark, but I'd also like to see Marvel do a swashbuckling street level movie. I think a balance would be good, combine the Spider-Man type stuff with Daredevil's darker undertones, then bring the dark stuff to the forefront in the sequels.

I have zero interest in any swashbuckling 
    magnuskhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By magnuskhan

does anyone body else think it would of been kind of cool to see daredevil a different race? anyone has any thoughts?

xanthiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By xanthiss

Daredevil should be remade with a Frank Miller script. He should be grim and gritty with kung fu grip. Have Tarantino or Rodriguez direct it so it has action without all the crap of a poor script. I sure they would have left out the scene where the blind guy and a soccer mom beating each other up on a play ground.

Avatar image for silverhammerman
    SilverHammerMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By SilverHammerMan

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@SilverHammerMan said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

I have zero interest in any swashbuckling

Differing tastes I guess, but I wouldn't mind a good gritty Daredevil movie. My only wish is that it not be too gritty, I mean, yeah, a lot of great Daredevil stories are just about his life going to shit, but I don't think that would really work so much for a first movie. And I want to see Daredevil, kick ass, none of this crap where the hero spends half the story getting abused and sidelined. A gritty, noir-ish superhero flick exploring the darker side of a superheroic universe in between awesome ninja fights? I'm totally in.

PurpleCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107  Edited By PurpleCandy

Daredevil dosen't belong in the Avengers, but it would be nice if he was in the Marvel Cinematics Universe, I can think of a few ways to incorporate it.

• Have the Daily Bugle as his city's news supplier, ofcourse that would have to make Spider-Man in the MCU too.
    • Or even have some kind of court hearing featuring Matt Murdock as a lawyer
    • Give one of the other heroes a mention, like Spiderman or Iron Man, none of the over-the-top characters.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#108  Edited By daredevil21134

@magnuskhan said:

does anyone body else think it would of been kind of cool to see daredevil a different race? anyone has any thoughts?

He could work as a black guy

Ama_Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Ama_Sama

1. They need to get the rights back from Fox. If Marvel Studios ever wants to do anything with the Secret Invasion, they will need Elektra for it. And, it does the leave the options open for Daredevil to mingle with the New Avengers [not necessarily needed, but who doesn't like options?] or as many suggested, just have cameos in each other's movies. The beautiful thing about Marvel is that everybody hangs out with everybody! But, more importantly, if Marvel Studios can get back Spiderman also, someday, it would be a major plus to have Daredevil under their belts. Even if they sit on Daredevil until then, it would be worth it to see the two New Yorkers cross paths on the big screen.

2. They need to revamp the series and make it dark and gritty. Just because Marvel Studios is technically owned by Disney doesn't mean they have to make a little kiddie movie. Especially if the company is getting the rights back on the Punisher and Blade [what happened with those discussions?]. Punisher and Daredevil, through just the King Pin, could definitely cross paths.

3. If they do revamp the franchise, they need to do it justice. I mean, make Elektra the lightning-fast killer she's supposed to be. Seriously, this woman can dodge sniper bullets and disappear into darkness. Like Batman. The movie by her name destroyed any public image she had. After seeing how much of a bad-ass they made the Black Widow [even just how she demolished those goons in Iron Man 2] left a bitter taste in my mouth thinking about the crimson assassin in retrospect.

breego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By breego

As much as I'd like to see Daredevil back on the big screen I think that the character maybe better suited for TV. Possibly start with an adaptation of Frank Miller's Man Without Fear origin, then just cherrypick stories from the Miller/Bendis/Brubaker eras. Then couple seasons down the road switch over to a Waid style "devil may care" take on the character. Then hit him with more tragedy.

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Bane_of_sith

If they make dare devil black I will not be seeing this film, I'm all for black people getting a new character but not by just revamping an existing white one. It's not fair to the fans of the original, or the black comic community looking for a new hero,not a hand me down painted a new color. They did it with king pin, nick fury, it's getting old, ever think that blacks would like a new hero to call there own? Hancock was a great new black character with out alienating anyone. And I don't want to get hate mail saying I'm racist because I am far from it, like I said they deserve more characters, just not ones that exist. IMO that is just palming off something they don't want any more..."oh yeah well nick fury isn't as popular so screw it lets make him black and not put any effort into creating anything new". That's BS if you ask me....I would however love to see a reall DD movie, with better casting and better story. It would be nice to see a marvel movie borrow some aspects of a movie like dark knight, gritty ,dark with a sense or realism, which is lacking in most marvel films that tend to be more childish. DD is one of my favorite characters and he deserves to be made into a good film franchise

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By DarthOrange

I don't think a gritty character like Daredevil belongs in the bright and happy movie universe. Just have him out of the suit and appear in a cameo as a lawyer in Iron Man 3.

Avatar image for cadmiel_nostromo
    cadmiel_nostromo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MARVEL KNIGHTS movie: Daredevil, The Punisher, Blade, Elektra with maybe Black Widow... and if Marvel will acquire Ghost Rider back...

Narok24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#114  Edited By Narok24

@cadmiel_nostromo: AND get someone who can actually play Ghost Rider . . .

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By daredevil21134
    No Caption Provided

@cadmiel_nostromo said:

MARVEL KNIGHTS movie: Daredevil, The Punisher, Blade, Elektra with maybe Black Widow... and if Marvel will acquire Ghost Rider back...

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By daredevil21134

@DarthOrange said:

I don't think a gritty character like Daredevil belongs in the bright and happy movie universe. Just have him out of the suit and appear in a cameo as a lawyer in Iron Man 3.

Tell that to Mark Waid

ironshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By ironshadow

@daredevil21134 said:

@TheMess1428 said:

Marvel should take the rights back and fit him into their universe. He doesn't have to be on the team but he should still coexist with them.

I agree with this

Exactly, they could read a paper about a guy in Hell's Kitchen but that's it.

As for the cast I think Colin Farrel would make a good Daredevil and Jason Statham a good Bullseye.

johnjoe66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By johnjoe66

i thnk think they should give daredevil back to marvel and remake him put him in the MCU and give him a trilogy have cameos from other less know heros like iron fist and luke cage and re make punisher to then let them have there own movies(luke and iron fist could have a heros for hire movie) i really think this is a Opportunity to make the MCU bigger

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first movie came out quite some time ago and was not well received, so right off the bat this needs to be a reboot with no connection to the Ben Affleck version. It needs to have the street level, gritty tone of the first Blade movie, no need for flash and special effects. With a good script focused on Daredevil against Kingpin and a healthy dose of high quality fight scenes and you will have a winner.

If you are going to have a cameo or crossover I would not tie it into Avengers, but instead Spider Man.

Luthorcrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Luthorcrow

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Luthorcrow said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Everybody that wants Marvel/Disney to make a DD movie obv doesn't know much about Daredevil

LOL, come one it is better than Fox. They have done fine with X-men (3 excluded) but FF and DD were just a hot mess of incompetence.

I think DD works better as a comic book character. I don't think any studio is going to do what would be necessary to make him work. I do like the idea of the 70s thing if it was directed with an interesting visual style.

I think you are giving the Fox way too much credit. The only comic book films they have done that are good are all produced by Bryan Singer. So we have X-men 1 & 2 and First Class. Three films. The rest of have been terrible (FF 1 and 2, X3 (average) and DD). The track record that is worse is Columbia (Ghost Rider and Punisher).

It would be great to see an interesting producer/director/writer team that would take it down a more gritty and dark road. On the other hand if it ended up back at Marvel/Disney, a lighter take is not out of character for DD. Keeping in mind that he was more an adventurer and swashbuckler type character for his first two decades. It wasn't until the Frank Miller reboot that you get the modern, brooding DD we all know and love now.

JayMar89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By JayMar89

They should put him in a separate universe with there darker heros ie ghost rider and punisher add blade too maybe and then have them in a crossover movie not on a team like avengers but they all have to work together to stop some giant threat

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#122  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Luthorcrow

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Luthorcrow said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Everybody that wants Marvel/Disney to make a DD movie obv doesn't know much about Daredevil

LOL, come one it is better than Fox. They have done fine with X-men (3 excluded) but FF and DD were just a hot mess of incompetence.

I think DD works better as a comic book character. I don't think any studio is going to do what would be necessary to make him work. I do like the idea of the 70s thing if it was directed with an interesting visual style.

I think you are giving the Fox way too much credit. The only comic book films they have done that are good are all produced by Bryan Singer. So we have X-men 1 & 2 and First Class. Three films. The rest of have been terrible (FF 1 and 2, X3 (average) and DD). The track record that is worse is Columbia (Ghost Rider and Punisher).

It would be great to see an interesting producer/director/writer team that would take it down a more gritty and dark road. On the other hand if it ended up back at Marvel/Disney, a lighter take is not out of character for DD. Keeping in mind that he was more an adventurer and swashbuckler type character for his first two decades. It wasn't until the Frank Miller reboot that you get the modern, brooding DD we all know and love now.

After Miller DD evolved in to the character he was ment to become, doing the swashbuckling would be like Batman canp again
    rodowobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By rodowobo

I am a HUGE Daredevil fan, and if it's going to be a movie at all, Marvel should do it. I hop that Disney doesn't make them cut all the balls out of it (likewise with Punisher), but considering the quality of the movies handled by Marvel, I just want DD come to home. However, they should NOT necessarily break their back to get him in the Avengers.. BUT the born Again storyline does have a cameo with Iron Man, Thor and Captain America (who figures a little more prominently in it later on), and so THAT would a delightful thing to see.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#124  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Punisher got 3 films. DD can get 2.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 41

@Vance Astro:

Seriously though, it wasn't that bad. Michael Clarke Duncan was perfect as the Kingpin. I consider him to have delivered one of the best comic book character performances ever. Ben Affleck was good, not perfect, but pretty damn good considering he was playing a lawyer, a blind man and a superhero. The script was amazing for a superhero movie. All in all, I loved Daredevil. I felt like I was watching a Nolan Batman movie, only Marvel instead of DC. I loved it. I loved it. Want me to keep saying it?

kartron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 38

#126  Edited By kartron

I would love to see a daredevil movie remade with more modern style and ofcourse modern story arcs. I havent read anything on Daredevil but have watched the Ben Affleck movie and wasnt impressed by it. It could have been a lot better.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.