Follow

Daredevil

Character » Daredevil appears in 4764 issues.

As a child, Matt Murdock was blinded by radioactive waste while trying to save an elderly stranger about to get hit by a truck carrying the dangerous material. In turn, his other senses were heightened to superhuman sharpness and he gained a form of "radar sense". By day, he is a successful trial lawyer; but by night, he guards Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil: the Man Without Fear.

New comic book fan! What's a good series to dive into?

McLovin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By McLovin123

Hey guys! So I started reading comics about 2 months ago and they're way cooler than I originally thought they'd be. I have about 30 comics right now (all marvel) and I'm looking to get into a new series. I mainly have older stuff. What would you suggest for a noobie? I got the first 2 issues if Uncanny Avengers but was kinda confused through out it because I know pretty much nothing about X-Men. I'm reading the Daredevil End of Days and I really like that! So what would you suggest? Dive into something that's still running? Or start with a new run? I planned on reading Superior Spiderman when that comes out. But idk. Help me out please! Thanks, Austin.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By CrimsonCake

Frank Miller's run on Daredevil.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By daredevil21134

@CrimsonCake said:

Frank Miller's run on Daredevil.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By tupiaz

I posted this blog on where to start read Daredevil http://www.comicvine.com/daredevil/29-24694/which-daredevil-origin-is-the-best-for-a-newcomer/92-735173/#3

Hanson724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hanson724

Saga! its still early and it's AMAZING!!! And also Batman would be a good one. I'm always trying to get my non-comic reading brother-inlaw to read Bloodshot and Shadowman from Valiant.

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

Now that pretty much everything has restarted in the past 2 years, you can begin with any of it that draws your attention then if your intrest is there go back and read more of the older stuff. There are lots of threads here on what would be good reads :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.