Follow

Daredevil

Character » Daredevil appears in 4766 issues.

As a child, Matt Murdock was blinded by radioactive waste while trying to save an elderly stranger about to get hit by a truck carrying the dangerous material. In turn, his other senses were heightened to superhuman sharpness and he gained a form of "radar sense". By day, he is a successful trial lawyer; but by night, he guards Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil: the Man Without Fear.

'Marvel's Daredevil' on Netflix Gets Premiere Date

• 170 results
    Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donmeca2020 said:
    @jonny_anonymous said:

@donmeca2020: Ah someone who has never read Daredevil commenting in a Daredevil thread. It's funny how after every comment you sound dumber and dumber.

@testament said:

Using pressure points as a form of torture that hurt so bad, Hammerhead (a grown man) started crying because the pain was so intense. I never said Batman hasn't done stuff like that but I just gave you what you asked for. And Yes Daredevil is my favorite but Batman is also one of my favorites. This is my top 5 1. Daredevil/Wolverine 2. Batman 3. Ghost Rider 4. Spiderman 5. John Constantine. I love both characters. Back on the topic of brutality. This is the difference, Batman is an extremely logical, analytical, patient human being while Daredevil is emotional, half cocked, and has very little restraint. He doesn't hold back like Bats does and when he gets pissed, he gets really pissed. He threw Bullseye off a building when Lester killed Elektra. Then he visited Bullseye in his hospital room and played Russian Roulette with him while he was in a coma. Now as for my friend, I'm pretty sure the argument started with this, "Let me guess you just started reading daredevil and comics in general since what the past 3 years ??? try again sweetheart.....". I don't want to get into it anymore than that but just squash the beef and move on. Back to the topic, I NEVER said I think Daredevil's a better character. I may like Daredevil more but I never said I think ether are better characters as I understand how subjective that topic is in the first place. Now as for his Netflix costume, that's not going to be his permanent costume, in fact they might bring his 2nd suit at the end of the first season. You remember the Sam Rami Spiderman film in 2002? It's pretty much just like Spidey's wrestling costume. It'll change.

no actually above is where numbnuts started this nonsense.....

Thats understandable i guess he did certain things that led you think make me a more uncaring superhero. Bats is and fully capable of doing such. i recall a few issues back of BN Eternal he had someone by the neck and held him all the way up in the sky while on the batwing. lets go back into the 90s batman/grendel crossover. he broke Grendels arm. this discussion is just going round and round in circles....

now your comparing SM movie to this DD netflix series? completely different bro.. too different calibers of enternatainment. multimillion dollar movie as opposed to a low budget netflix series.

Bats is absolutely capable of doing such but he tries not to. He tries his best not to loose his cool because he is a logical human being while Daredevil is an emotional human being and will let his anger and brutality get in the way a lot more often. "Not holding back against Bullseye, he beats the living sh*t out of him then he starts playing mind games with Bullseye's head and proceeds to mock him as he takes a rock and brutally carves a target on Bullseye's forehead that Bullseye has to live with for the rest of his life." I've NEVER seen Batman do anything that brutal nor do I think Batman would do that. Bullseye previously killed the love of Matt's life, Karen Page and Matt had enough. He took out all his anger on him, from killing Elektra and Karen to taking his costume and mascaraing around as him and ruining his reputation, he was done. He finally gave Bullseye's the brutal ass beating he deserved and gave him a permanent tattoo to remember him by. That was probably my biggest F-YEAH moment in reading all of comics. Breaking Grendel's arm is brutal, hell, breaking anyone's limbs is brutal but Matt took it a step further. In Prison Matt had a target on his head so he broke both of the Owl's arms and legs to prove a point...not to f*ck with him.

I'm kinda starting to get the feeling you aren't reading what I'm saying and just skimming over everything if you think I was actually comparing Rami's Spiderman and the DD Netflix series. Here let me elaborate on what I actually said.

"Now as for his Netflix costume, that's not going to be his permanent costume, in fact they might bring his 2nd suit at the end of the first season. You remember the Sam Rami Spiderman film in 2002? It's pretty much just like Spidey's wrestling costume. It'll change."

I was comparing their costumes not the films. If you remember in the beginning of the film he starts out with a 1.0 costume when he starts wrestling for cash. Same thing with Iron Man, Captain America The First Avenger and even Batman Begins. They all had a suit to start out with. I did NOT compare the freaking films just the costumes (sigh). Anyway we've already had confirmation from the show runner and crew that their will in fact be multiple costumes on the show. So don't worry about the costume.

I'm understanding you 100%.... i realize the black sweater and bandana over the eyes is supposedly from a frank miller run or when DD first came around. even though i thought his first appearance he wore black and yellow... I'M telling you i FEEL it just looks cheap and shitty, like something they just tossed together to try and make it quickly so they can produce it. once again thats MY OPINION. it honestly after looking over the screenshots again resembles something they would have came out for him back in the old days of super hero films. when i say old days i mean like 70s and 80s... think about the hulk/thor crossover they did back in the day with lou ferrigno, the old cheesy Cap America, and spidey from the 70s.

Think we can all agree that both characters are dark in their own ways. After further research while I'll still hold my view of overall Batman is darker to me than DD. DD has used worse methods than Bruce's Batman at least, however I think Batman offers darker, more disturbing stories. That is all.

i agree with you brotha !

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
    TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@fallingcliffs: I with you on that, I still think DD is the more darker, brutal and rageful then Bats. But I'm Hornhead so it to be expected;

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theheaven_guardian10: All good dude, I'm just on the other side of the fence Batman is just crazy dark at times but also a huge JL fan so I compare him to the rest of the JL and he's just in a league of his own with darkness compared to anyone you know for me lol. But sure no prob.

@donmeca2020: Yep totally man, thanks!

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallingcliffs: I feel you dude Bats is one darkest characters in the history of comics, sometimes the only light he has going for him is a billionaire. Even that sucks at times, oh I'm with you with on that as well. When you compare Bats to his JL teammates, the dude is freaking Hades even WW called him so Lol.

You known dude the something can be said about DD, compare him to some of his friends and allies. And tell if that guy seems like the type you want to play games with and piss off?

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallingcliffs: I feel you dude Bats is one darkest characters in the history of comics, sometimes the only light he has going for him is a billionaire. Even that sucks at times, oh I'm with you with on that as well. When you compare Bats to his JL teammates, the dude is freaking Hades even WW called him so Lol.

You known dude the something can be said about DD, compare him to some of his friends and allies. And tell if that guy seems like the type you want to play games with and piss off?

lol yeah I remember that haha. Dude's anti-social too, he seems to work with others but only because he has no choice at times that's why i'm very shocked he had so many Robin's lol, even them at times he seems to keep secrets from or have his own agenda lol. But yeah I like how Bruce and Batman mostly work alone, they're definitely loners lol compared to other heroes. But yeah dude, totally wouldn't want to piss off either of them in an alley lol

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallingcliffs: I with you on that one, think Bats works best when is with some of his clan, by himself or another street level character.

For me personal I think DD and Bats are the some of darkest characters in comics, there both endured tragedies on multiple levels and have came out stronger cause. Both suffer the lost of parents at young and have used that driving force to something more and better, they give there all to a city/neighborhood ask for nothing in return. Just so someone doesn't have go through what they did, there both shinobis who should probably should be bad guys. But there just to damn stubborn and determined to give up. So hate or love Bats or DD, but you have to respect them.

Bro you should come by the DD thread discussion sometime, I personal enjoyed have a civil debate. You give DD his props and plan on supporting his show, again for that your cool in my book;

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallingcliffs: I with you on that one, think Bats works best when is with some of his clan, by himself or another street level character.

For me personal I think DD and Bats are the some of darkest characters in comics, there both endured tragedies on multiple levels and have came out stronger cause. Both suffer the lost of parents at young and have used that driving force to something more and better, they give there all to a city/neighborhood ask for nothing in return. Just so someone doesn't have go through what they did, there both shinobis who should probably should be bad guys. But there just to damn stubborn and determined to give up. So hate or love Bats or DD, but you have to respect them.

Bro you should come by the DD thread discussion sometime, I personal enjoyed have a civil debate. You give DD his props and plan on supporting his show, again for that your cool in my book;

Oh yeah definitely for sure, both are very dark guys in comics for sure. Thanks man, appreciate that :)

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

April 10. The date is burned into my soul.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman even though has had many partners, i feel he's a loner at times. he's had his parents death, even though he has Alfred and now julia as well as the rest of the Batman family tim,jason,dick,barbara. he just seems to want to be solo. its not that he's grumpy or anything its just that he works best alone. Darkness runs through this guys veins.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donmeca2020: True, plus he's rich has power, fortune and doesn't use it the way he could...he spends time alone in a cave, clearly the guy has issues and a dark personality lol

@theheaven_guardian10: :) Thanks you too dude! Always up for friendly debate.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallingcliffs: You mean Mortal Kombat or Marvel Knight, cause yes to both if you do.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theheaven_guardian10: lol, the latter :-) dont know how much of a gamer you are but MK x comic is dark as hell lol. Love it, one dude even cut his own face off himself with a knife...

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallingcliffs: Oh I'm a big gamer, I want more games base on comic book characters. I very for excited the next MK game. Someone did that in the MK book, that really gnarly.

I want Marvel Knights back in a major way.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@theheaven_guardian10: yeah lol and they just released the new trailer today, Kitana and Kung Lao are back! Both died in the last game so people are like huh? lol

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallingcliffs: Cool I always been more Kung Lao than Lu Kang, now all they need is Mellina.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallingcliffs: His alright Johnny Cage has always been my boy, but Sub-Zero my most favorite.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theheaven_guardian10: Rumors have it Cage is going to be in the game through a leak months ago but this hasn't been confirmed yet by NRS lol. Sub is awesome. My favorite is Ermac.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#173  Edited By Saint_Sophie

Pretty excited. Though I'm not so sure I can wait. Nonetheless, time will fly by and soon the premier will come so whatever.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.