Marvel are doing a reboot of daredevil who should play him

#1 Posted by cameronstear (68 posts) - - Show Bio

On October 10, 2012 Marvel studios got the rights to Daredevil and they are going to do a reboot who should play Daredevil tell me in the comments

#2 Posted by tupiaz (2185 posts) - - Show Bio

First of all they should wait until they get the rights to Elektra back.

#3 Posted by Agent_Murdoch (131 posts) - - Show Bio

Chris Pine has my vote

#4 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz: When they got DD, they got everything else with him. Elektra, Kingpin, and Bullseye included

#5 Posted by Hanson724 (561 posts) - - Show Bio

@Agent_Murdoch: great choice

#6 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (883 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure who should do it. I'm not a huge Ben Affleck fan but I bought the Daredevil Director's Cut and I actually like that movie. It's one of those you either love or hate and I'm a fan, even though it was Ben Affleck.

#7 Edited by lewismcgregor (78 posts) - - Show Bio

No DD reboot has been set int stone. Considering Marvel Studio's Avenger phase plan there will be a good few years before any Daredevil reboot, if one at all.

If they do produce another DD film, it has to be an R-rated film. Daredevil isn't a character for children to dress up as. Matt Murdock is a mentally unstable man (fuck the Waid run).

That being said. Joel Edgerton has my vote - 


#8 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@lewismcgregor: I don't if he can act, but he sure has the look.

#9 Edited by lewismcgregor (78 posts) - - Show Bio
@knighthood  said: 

@lewismcgregor: I don't if he can act, but he sure has the look.

Haha he does!  And yes he can act very well.   
 
I seriously hope they don't make a film. DD comics have a very specific  formula which doesn't appeal to a mass audience. Without a mass audience there's no mass amount of revenue, with no possibility of revenue the studio heads aren't going use the murdock we know and love from the comics, they will change him to appeal to the mass audience and as I said DD has a very specific formula so they would essentially be creating a whole new character that is just simply branded DD. There's a reason why Stan Lee said " “Now with Daredevil, they just wrote the whole thing wrong".   
 
If they can put aside the thought of making a huge amount of profit and make it a small (as in scale) film like 'Drive' for example, then I can see it working.But not if it's going to be some overblown spectacle   
#10 Posted by daredevil21134 (11850 posts) - - Show Bio

@lewismcgregor: I hate the Waid run

#11 Edited by Matchstick (565 posts) - - Show Bio
 
Michael C Hall.
#12 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

While I like the choice for Michael C. Hall, I say Ben Affleck again. He did a great job.

#13 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1527 posts) - - Show Bio

I want them to pick someone who is talented but not super well known.

#14 Posted by Matchstick (565 posts) - - Show Bio
@JonSmith said:

While I like the choice for Michael C. Hall, I say Ben Affleck again. He did a great job.

#15 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

@Matchstick: NICE! Never thought of that! He d'be great, I think.

#16 Posted by lewismcgregor (78 posts) - - Show Bio
@daredevil21134 said:

@lewismcgregor: I hate the Waid run

 
Haha good. I'm going (hopefully) Supercon in London in Feb. David Mack and Klaus Janson will be there, I want to ask them what do they think of it.
 
@Phaedrusgr said:

@Matchstick: NICE! Never thought of that! He d'be great, I think.

Wow he does look good! DD has to have that organic "stocky" look and have that straight edge old school handsome look about them. 
#17 Posted by daredevil21134 (11850 posts) - - Show Bio

@lewismcgregor said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@lewismcgregor: I hate the Waid run

Haha good. I'm going (hopefully) Supercon in London in Feb. David Mack and Klaus Janson will be there, I want to ask them what do they think of it.

@Phaedrusgr said:

@Matchstick: NICE! Never thought of that! He d'be great, I think.

Wow he does look good! DD has to have that organic "stocky" look and have that straight edge old school handsome look about them.

And tell them to be 100% honest with you

#18 Posted by lewismcgregor (78 posts) - - Show Bio
@daredevil21134 said:

@lewismcgregor said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@lewismcgregor: I hate the Waid run

Haha good. I'm going (hopefully) Supercon in London in Feb. David Mack and Klaus Janson will be there, I want to ask them what do they think of it.

@Phaedrusgr said:

@Matchstick: NICE! Never thought of that! He d'be great, I think.

Wow he does look good! DD has to have that organic "stocky" look and have that straight edge old school handsome look about them.

And tell them to be 100% honest with you

I will. I want to ask Mack on his Facebook page but I think out of professional courtesy he won't say over social media. However I don't think it's a coincidence marvel decided to run the gritty DD End of Days alongside the Waid Run....
#19 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

Wentworth Miller could pull it off imo.

#20 Posted by daredevil21134 (11850 posts) - - Show Bio

@lewismcgregor said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@lewismcgregor said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@lewismcgregor: I hate the Waid run

Haha good. I'm going (hopefully) Supercon in London in Feb. David Mack and Klaus Janson will be there, I want to ask them what do they think of it.

@Phaedrusgr said:

@Matchstick: NICE! Never thought of that! He d'be great, I think.

Wow he does look good! DD has to have that organic "stocky" look and have that straight edge old school handsome look about them.

And tell them to be 100% honest with you

I will. I want to ask Mack on his Facebook page but I think out of professional courtesy he won't say over social media. However I don't think it's a coincidence marvel decided to run the gritty DD End of Days alongside the Waid Run....

I long for the day Waid announces his depatrure from DD

#21 Posted by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

@Matchstick said:

Michael C Hall.

This This This.

The only problem is, every time he talks i'll hear Dexter's creepy monotone voice.

#22 Posted by Matchstick (565 posts) - - Show Bio
@FalconPuuunch: I thought the same thing, but he doesn't remind me of Dexter as much when he's not in character.    
#23 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6482 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

While I like the choice for Michael C. Hall, I say Ben Affleck again. He did a great job.

As much as I'd like to see that (I loved the Daredevil movie as much as you did...Probably more) Ben Affleck has personally said that he would never again play any superhero, let alone Daredevil. So, personally, I'd love to see Michael C. Hall. Totally has that whole mysterious thing going, and he is definitely capable of playing a genius like Murdock. Plus he's a ginger. :-)

#24 Posted by stu (379 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by kreap51 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the new DD should be played by Stephen Amell hands down. He's already proven his style is very close to DD and he definitely has the look. I'm sure anyone who has seen arrow will agree. All that parkor training has DD written all over it.

#26 Posted by Charlie_Jade (523 posts) - - Show Bio

Please no wrestlers or mma fighters in the main roles of this movie

#27 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6482 posts) - - Show Bio

@Matchstick said:

Michael C Hall.

You stole the words from my post. Michael C. Hall is a great casting choice.

#28 Posted by GuanXe (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Ben Affleck could definitely redo him imho, it wasnt his fault, the script just sucked big time.

Regards

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.