Follow

Daredevil

Character » Daredevil appears in 4764 issues.

As a child, Matt Murdock was blinded by radioactive waste while trying to save an elderly stranger about to get hit by a truck carrying the dangerous material. In turn, his other senses were heightened to superhuman sharpness and he gained a form of "radar sense". By day, he is a successful trial lawyer; but by night, he guards Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil: the Man Without Fear.

Is Frank Miller's Daredevil omnibus a good starting point?

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Daredevil's always seemed awesome to me but I've never actually read any. I'm thinking about buying the Frank Miller omnibus since that seems to be the stuff people like best, but I was wondering if I will actually understand it. All I really know about DD is that he's blind but can sort of see with sound, his name is Matt Murdock, he's a lawyer of some kind and his main enemies are Bullseye and Kingpin. That's literally all I know, is that enough to get by with the omnibus, or is there other stuff I need to know?

jriddle73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil's always seemed awesome to me but I've never actually read any. I'm thinking about buying the Frank Miller omnibus since that seems to be the stuff people like best, but I was wondering if I will actually understand it. All I really know about DD is that he's blind but can sort of see with sound, his name is Matt Murdock, he's a lawyer of some kind and his main enemies are Bullseye and Kingpin. That's literally all I know, is that enough to get by with the omnibus, or is there other stuff I need to know?

That's really the place where DD as we know him started. He'd been around for 13 or 14 years before that, but was treated as a poor man's Spider-Man--a character and a book with no soul (but frequently awesome artwork). You can pretty much read the origin story (in issue #1) and go right into Miller's original run. Miller is the one who made the Kingpin DD's major nemesis (he'd been a Spidey villain before that).

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Oh yeah. You'll be fine. That's a perfect place to start.

dmreyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dmreyn

I didn't know much about Daredevil either other than picking up the newest Marvel Now series and his brief appearances in Spider-Man stories. I did recently start reading the Marvel Visionaires - Frank Miller Daredevil Vol 1, 2, and 3 (essentially just the 3 volumes collected in the omnibus), and man is it good. Has definitely turned me into a Daredevil fan. Say what you want about Miller and criticize him all you want, but he wrote a damn good Daredevil!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.