Follow

Daredevil

Character » Daredevil appears in 4762 issues.

As a child, Matt Murdock was blinded by radioactive waste while trying to save an elderly stranger about to get hit by a truck carrying the dangerous material. In turn, his other senses were heightened to superhuman sharpness and he gained a form of "radar sense". By day, he is a successful trial lawyer; but by night, he guards Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil: the Man Without Fear.

Is Daredevil a Better Match For Black Cat Than Spider-Man?

• 118 results
    undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By undeadpool

The Black Cat is crossing the paths of the Spider and the Devil, but only of those eligible bachelor's walked away with more than a string of bad luck. (Slight spoilers the Daredevil #8) Ol' Hornhead took a fancy to Ms. Hardy and she seemed a little bit put off by Spidey's attempt at a rebound romp, so she was quite receptive to Murdock's advances (or made advances of her own depending on how you read the story).

While Black Cat has always been my favorite Marvel female, my first reaction to this turn was intrigue, but also disappointment. Cat and Spidey always had such an interesting dynamic that only grew more interesting the more one of them tried to avoid it, but after some contemplation I came to the revelation that Daredevil may actually be a superior love interest for Black Cat, even despite her criminal past...and present.

Nothing spices up a love triangle like a new third corner!
    Nothing spices up a love triangle like a new third corner!
    == TEASER ==

Let's be perfectly clear here: part of the appeal of this angle is that Black Cat is a straight-up criminal. And not just in the same way that Matt Murdock is (vigilantism is still illegal in the Marvel U), but as an unrepentant burglar. Sure, she only robs from the rich and gives to...herself, but crime is still crime and Murdock's always had an over-inflated sense of justice (see also: every interaction with the Punisher), so getting involved with Felicia could definitely complicate things. On the other side of the coin, Ms. Hardy's well-known distaste for Peter Parker being at odds with her affection for Spider-Man could boil over much more substantially seeing as how Murdock is a lawyer and something of a goody-two-shoes when not wearing his mask. On the other hand, he's much more charming than the stammering, luckless Parker and I'd even go so far as to call him "debonaire." I mentioned on the Jan 20th podcast that Murdock...does well with the ladies, I'll say, and that's almost always without the use of his costume.

Felicia never was a
    Felicia never was a "wait and see" type.

And that might be what's at the heart of why these two are perfect for each other: Murdock is someone Felicia could still find attractive when the costume comes off (as it did in his apartment). He is, if you'll pardon the pun, more daring and more charming in his public persona. And it's pretty obvious that Matt needs to date a woman who can take care of herself, despite the fact that it didn't save Elektra, women with skills tend to do better when dealing with the Devil (remember poor Karen Page? How about Milla Donovan?) and Black Cat's shown herself as more than capable.

Beyond that, Daredevil's women have always been much more serious than him and that tends to be why they either get left behind or straight-up leaving him, but Felicia's always been a fun-loving type who can easily keep up with Murdock's high-maintenance lifestyle(s) as well as be fine with his flighty personality.

At the end of the day, Mark Waid has, in his brief run, already had several moments that made me stand up and say "How has NOBODY thought to do this with Daredevil before?!" (No, seriously, NO ONE every thought to put Daredevil against Klaw? NO ONE?!) and this romance falls solidly into that category. As much as I love Black Cat, her pairing with Spidey makes less and less sense the more you think about it, and don't even get me started on Claws or setting her up with Puma of all people, but Daredevil fits the bill as far as I'm concerned. As the Official Arbiter of Black Cat Storylines* (*not an official title), I give my blessing and hope that this isn't just a one or two issue affair.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#1  Edited By InnerVenom123

I love Spidey/Black Cat... but this is a good idea.

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By saoakden

This sounds interesting.

cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By cmaprice

I want Black Cat to be with someone worthwhile. In the end, Spidey's too wholesome for publishers to allow them to be together for a long hull.

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By r3d_rob1n

I like Spidey with Black Cat when he has an official (and serious) girlfriend. The tension caused in the Spidey comics with Cat and the webhead was great when he was with MJ. When Parker is single though, I don't like the Black Cat/Spidey angle quite as much, so I suppose that this is as great a time as ever to pair her with Daredevil. If it doesnt work out then they can just pull a OMD on Matt Murdock and Felicia Hardy (sarcasm)

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By danhimself

I just don't like it....I don't know why....I just don't

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By goldenkey

Daredevil is a player. This might come off like I'm an asshole (not the first time on here) but Matt Murdock is like a LOT of men who get laid. (Not of lot of men who come on here, but there are exceptions) He uses women til they get annoying to him and moves on. It's a man thing. He doesn't really want to date, he just wants a booty call when he's done playind Daredevil and needs to.................releave himself in a manly way. He comes home, calls some chick who calls herself a super hero and says something along the line of "Yeah.............what's up?...............oh nothing...........................yeah that was me who just jacked up Kingpin and his guys.................................oh I don't know, he had something like.........50 or 60 guys with him...............................I know......................I know................I know................yes it's hard because I'm blind but I got that radar thing...........................I know you know......................what?............................of course I'm tired, it's not easy fighting that many people................what?..................really?............................You did?.......................I'll make sure I read about it tomorrow...................................what are you doing right now tho?.........................Why don't you come over.....................................Because I'm blind and I don't drive.................................Yeah, you come here..................I'll leave the window open.............No not he top one, to many people are watching it now that they know I'm Daredevil, I'll leave the one on the south side of the building that leads to my bedroom............You'll have what on?............................You dirty little bitch.................See you when you get here."

Dark Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By Dark Cell

Spidey's biggest problem is he dosent stay with Black Cat....

wowylied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By wowylied

Don't really know about daredevil and his title i really didn't like how they used the story with black cat in amazing spider-man. We have one issue which launch a mini story then it say "continue in daredevil" with no more explanation. Why would they make that ? I don't want to follow a title if it is full of single issue like that.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mega_spidey01

daredevil is a playa and so is black cat.

Avatar image for thephantomstranger
    thephantomstranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@r3d_rob1n said:

I like Spidey with Black Cat when he has an official (and serious) girlfriend. The tension caused in the Spidey comics with Cat and the webhead was great when he was with MJ. When Parker is single though, I don't like the Black Cat/Spidey angle quite as much, so I suppose that this is as great a time as ever to pair her with Daredevil. If it doesnt work out then they can just pull a OMD on Matt Murdock and Felicia Hardy (sarcasm)

I don't read spider-man consistently or much at all so I'm only going off of cartoons and the occasional comic but this is what I though Black Cat was always meant as. I don't see any issue having the character appear in Daredevil when not needed in spider-man, especially if the Daredevil relationship is open enough as to not need an explanation if she returns to the spider-man series. The only negative in the situation would potential negative characterization if done poorly...I'm saying it could make her look like a slu someone who get's around....

@goldenkey said:

Daredevil is a player. This might come off like I'm an asshole (not the first time on here) but Matt Murdock is like a LOT of men who get laid. (Not of lot of men who come on here, but there are exceptions) He uses women til they get annoying to him and moves on. It's a man thing. He doesn't really want to date, he just wants a booty call when he's done playind Daredevil and needs to.................releave himself in a manly way. He comes home, calls some chick who calls herself a super hero and says something along the line of "Yeah.............what's up?...............oh nothing...........................yeah that was me who just jacked up Kingpin and his guys.................................oh I don't know, he had something like.........50 or 60 guys with him...............................I know......................I know................I know................yes it's hard because I'm blind but I got that radar thing...........................I know you know......................what?............................of course I'm tired, it's not easy fighting that many people................what?..................really?............................You did?.......................I'll make sure I read about it tomorrow...................................what are you doing right now tho?.........................Why don't you come over.....................................Because I'm blind and I don't drive.................................Yeah, you come here..................I'll leave the window open.............No not he top one, to many people are watching it now that they know I'm Daredevil, I'll leave the one on the south side of the building that leads to my bedroom............You'll have what on?............................You dirty little bitch.................See you when you get here."

DAMN!

I was kinda put off by the wall of text at a glance but that was an excellent read...there needs to be a fake player daredevil twitter account or something...

nahadef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nahadef

I thought this listening to it being stated in the podcast, but...

No Caption Provided

I'm sure it has to do with my age, but even though I don't remember reading the issue, the cover is well burned in my mind. Someone did think to pair Daredevil with Klaw, and they did it 25 years ago ;)

Nuec_Sol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Nuec_Sol

No way, she is too much of a criminal. Matt if is a real ladies man he would not be the type of guy to take someone like her serious, he would just look for the hook up.

I got a better idea. Make Black Cat a super villain's girlfriend, it would make more sense.

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By SpidermanWins

@InnerVenom123 said:

I love Spidey/Black Cat... but this is a good idea.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#14  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I massively dislike evrything associated with this 

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#16  Edited By owie  Moderator

I agree with almost all of the article. I don't see it lasting long, but they should have good chemistry. Pete is ultimately too good a person to stay with her, but Matt walks the line between having even more of a holier-than-thou attitude on the outside, while also having a real indulgent dark side on the inside. So I think he could really pair up with her in a deeper way than Spidey.

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LordRequiem

Spidey needs to go after Ms. Marvel, their pairing is excellent with her being so much more serious and stronger than he is. It was stated that she liked him, I hope this still applies, and the webs is single of course.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By Billy Batson
    Marvel's leading lady (leading according to me anyway) might want to look for love elsewhere.

LOL.
    BB

AlphaZro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AlphaZro

The only real problem I have with this pairing is that Daredevil''s girlfriends have a really nasty habit of dieing on him and Felicia is too good a character to pick up said habit :p

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By Magian

I don't mind her being with DD, they make a nice couple IMO. I just hope that doesn't get her killed or something like this because we all what usually happens to DD's girls.

The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#21  Edited By The Mast

@goldenkey said:

That is such an incredible discription. It might be better if you'd ever read a Daredevil comic, but incredible otherwise.

His two truest loves got murdered. One betrayed him, thus leading to the most devestating period of his life, ever (And he still took her back). He MOVED across the country with Black Widow because he was into her.

How can you sit there and say he "uses" women? Yeah, he can be a flirt, but to say he uses women until he's done with them is grossly inaccurate. Besides, would YOU date Daredevil? The world's one of, if not the, world's most deadly assassins has a penchant for killing the women you date, and has succeeded twice. One of them was by fighting and killing ELEKTRA. ELEKTRA, PEOPLE.

No. Matt's not ready. Felicia is more than he can handle.

Sonata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Sonata

Seems to me DD/ Black Cat would be more of a lust thing than actual love.

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Eyz

I do think so.

Though she shouldn't date Matt, or she'll end up "in the Fridge" like the others....

DD's trackrecord isn't that good with women...

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

#24  Edited By TDK_1997

This is definitely interesting but I think Spidey/Black Cat is better.

pspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 182

#25  Edited By pspin

Don't Daredevils girlfriends have a hilariously bad tendency to die horrible deaths? I like Black Cat to much for that to happen.

Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By Cafeterialoca

You know, Black Cat is using DD for the device.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#27  Edited By daredevil21134

Here is news to everyone that keeps saying Daredevil girlfriends always die.Mark Waid has stated in a recent interview that he will not be killing off any of DD girlfriends.P.S. Spider-Man already had his chance with her

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By daredevil21134

@Cafeterialoca said:

You know, Black Cat is using DD for the device.

As of right now

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By Gambit1024

Mmmmm.... Yes.

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
    GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By GrandSymbiote94

@danhimself said:

This.

It bothers me for some reason. Maybe I'm just used to Black Cat having a thing for only Spidey.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By daredevil21134

Maybe Felicia is tired of being Spidey's rebound girl lol

Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32  Edited By Baddamdog

I like this pairing...for the time being. Elektra will always be DD's best and most interesting love interest. Plus they're more recognised by the general public. Most heroes have a love interest that will always be 'their person' e.g. Spidey and MJ, Sue and Reed, Cap and Sharon, Bucky and Black Widow ect ect. But for the time being this excites me.

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Edgeworth_11

When did Black Cat become Marvel's leading lady? wow....

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

#34  Edited By Delphic

I still don't consider it a real relationship, because it's obvious that Felicia is using him. It could though develop into a love affair and if done right then it could make a compelling story, but in my opinion it's starting off in a shaky direction. As far as her relationship with Spidey I've always found it to be interesting despite it's dysfunctional nature, but even though the two seem to connect on some levels there are far deeper things to their character that are too different and make a happy relationship between them impossible.

IIayK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By IIayK

disillusioned with the Cat! Whore she is! ((((((((((((((((((((((

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ReVamp

@danhimself said:

Yeah... Also cause she's playing him IIRC

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By daredevil21134

@Edgeworth_11 said:

When did Black Cat become Marvel's leading lady? wow....

That belongs to Black widow my friend

CookieVonDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By CookieVonDoom

Nice read!

@Delphic said:

I still don't consider it a real relationship, because it's obvious that Felicia is using him. It could though develop into a love affair and if done right then it could make a compelling story, but in my opinion it's starting off in a shaky direction. As far as her relationship with Spidey I've always found it to be interesting despite it's dysfunctional nature, but even though the two seem to connect on some levels there are far deeper things to their character that are too different and make a happy relationship between them impossible.

I agree with this.

And I want to point out that Waid would have to kill Felicia nine times (unless she already "died" before, not sure about that). What a hassle.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By daredevil21134

@CookieVonDoom said:

Nice read!

@Delphic said:

I agree with this.

And I want to point out that Waid would have to kill Felicia nine times (unless she already "died" before, not sure about that). What a hassle.

Waid has already said he want kill any of DD's girlfriends but that was funny

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#40  Edited By Kairan1979
    @daredevil21134 said:

Maybe Felicia is tired of being Spidey's rebound girl lol

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By iLLituracy

But she's a thief!

And he's a lawyer!

This sounds like a really bad sitcom...or a really good one...

BoOMbOoMpOw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BoOMbOoMpOw

WoW O.O now this was really unexpected !!!! A really good idea :D but I still think that spidey and felicia should finally come together I mean ....who needs so much time to understand that felicia is better than Mary Plane `??????

Avatar image for deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1
    deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

absolutely, spidey with all def due respect, is too emo. DD has just as many chips on his shoulder, but he takes it in stride and with a smile. then again...I'll bet hyper sensitivity and bad luck powers bring a whole new meaning to "quickie"

plus, she is kind of a skeez lol. even catwoman will just seduce, BK will seduce, screw AND steal...I'm pretty sure shes a master virginity thief

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#44  Edited By jrock85

I'm just sick of the love triangles.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BatteredArmor

@goldenkey said:

............Daredevil just moved up my favorite super hero scale

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

When I was reading the Daredevil and Spder-man crossover and I think Daredevil is a good match with Black Cat. I saw some chemestry with each other. I thinks she is a better match with Daredevil than she is with Spider-man.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#47  Edited By Inverno

Imagine if Selina Kyle started to date Dick Grayson instead of Bruce Wayne. Think for 2 minutes and tell me its wrong.

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By azza04

No No No No No No No NO!

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#49  Edited By JonesDeini

The chemisgtry between the two was great in that issue. But neither would be serious with the other. They'll hook up/flirt/banter/etc. and that's all it need be.

redhood21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By redhood21

realistically a girl isnt gunna chase just one of the many guys in tights running around NY forever. let her have some fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.