How much can he "see"?

#1 Posted by dieguy (20 posts) - - Show Bio

I was always wondering what Daredevil senses showed him. I know he can do things like fly a plane and read, so is really blind, color-blind, or something else?

#2 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

The knowledge that I've gained of radars over the past three years has lead me to believe that the average DD writer has very little working knowledge of how radar returns work.  

I think the broad interpretation is one of a 'spatial sense'.

#3 Posted by Icon (2044 posts) - - Show Bio

He can "read" and such, yes, but not like you and I do. He simply uses his other enhanced senses in ways we can't. Frankly, he does not "see" anything. His radar sense makes him aware of his surroundings and lets him interpret specific stimuli, but not see. 

#4 Posted by daredevil21134 (9097 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icon said:

"He can "read" and such, yes, but not like you and I do. He simply uses his other enhanced senses in ways we can't. Frankly, he does not "see" anything. His radar sense makes him aware of his surroundings and lets him interpret specific stimuli, but not see.  "

#5 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C7RVJCtKKM 

think this is the best way to show how he sees, obviously it's not limited to rain, his radar uses all sounds even the ones that we can't hear, along with his sense of touch being able to feel the air in the room letting him know the objects in their by the way it moves around those objects
#6 Posted by daredevil21134 (9097 posts) - - Show Bio

yup

#7 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio

It's similar to echo location, like bats use. I've always said the Daredevil deserves to be called Batman more than Bruce Wayne just because of that.

#8 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

#9 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK said:
"

"
That's horribly inaccurate. That's infrared. Daredevil does not have infrared, he just uses echo location. I believe it is basically the same way it is depicted in the movie, except red instead of blue.
#10 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReverseNegative:  but he's not just using his hearing not build an image of the world, he's also using smell and and touch witch lets him feel his surroundings by the way the air moves around the room and around objects and people.
#11 Posted by Icon (2044 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK: Exactly. While echolocation is a major part of it, his other enhanced senses help to form/shape his radar as well (feeling vibrations from movement, smells and odors around, etc). Like it says at the beginning of the comic. His senses were "heightened to superhuman sharpness and form a radar sense." 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.