Follow

Daredevil

Character » Daredevil appears in 4764 issues.

As a child, Matt Murdock was blinded by radioactive waste while trying to save an elderly stranger about to get hit by a truck carrying the dangerous material. In turn, his other senses were heightened to superhuman sharpness and he gained a form of "radar sense". By day, he is a successful trial lawyer; but by night, he guards Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil: the Man Without Fear.

How can Daredevil redeem himself following Shadowland?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Thoughts, ideas? 

Avatar image for guardiandevil801
    guardiandevil801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By guardiandevil801

face his demons

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By daredevil21134

I don't think he needs too i'm not mourning the loss of Bullseye and Hell's Kitchen will be fine
    jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By jayskee

he was posessed so he wan't reasponable for his actions
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By daredevil21134

not all of them
    Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
    saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By saiyan_earthling

Get back on his feet, train himself again, and return to Hell's Kitchen.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By InnerVenom123

It wasn't even his actions. . . aside from killing Bullseye, but no one else knows that. He'll just get over it and move on.

Then Bullseye will come back and they'll fight and probably get interrupted by Kingpin's new horde of ninjas or something equally cliche.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

He needs a OMD retcon.Everyone knows that Matt Murdock is Daredevil and what he did in Shadowland was on the news.He's f#cked.No more of that Spider-Man or Black Panther plays DD so DD and Matt can be seen in the same or two different places crap is going to work this time.He needs a retcon.Someone needs to erase the memories of everyone on earth.The only way he can come back to Hell's Kitchen and fight crime is if he gives up being Matt Murdock.He will have to be Daredevil at all times.Maybe he should be an Avenger.That seems to be a good way to redeem people who have done sh#tty things and everyone knows they have.

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

By getting Marvel a better creative team 

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By daredevil21134
    @Son_of_Magnus said:
    "By getting Marvel a better creative team  "
    Agreed
    @Vance Astro said:
    "He needs a OMD retcon.Everyone knows that Matt Murdock is Daredevil and what he did in Shadowland was on the news.He's f#cked.No more of that Spider-Man or Black Panther plays DD so DD and Matt can be seen in the same or two different places crap is going to work this time.He needs a retcon.Someone needs to erase the memories of everyone on earth.The only way he can come back to Hell's Kitchen and fight crime is if he gives up being Matt Murdock.He will have to be Daredevil at all times.Maybe he should be an Avenger.That seems to be a good way to redeem people who have done sh#tty things and everyone knows they have. "

Agreed
    karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By karrob
    @daredevil21134 said:
    " @Son_of_Magnus said:
    "By getting Marvel a better creative team  "
    Agreed
    @Vance Astro said:
    "He needs a OMD retcon.Everyone knows that Matt Murdock is Daredevil and what he did in Shadowland was on the news.He's f#cked.No more of that Spider-Man or Black Panther plays DD so DD and Matt can be seen in the same or two different places crap is going to work this time.He needs a retcon.Someone needs to erase the memories of everyone on earth.The only way he can come back to Hell's Kitchen and fight crime is if he gives up being Matt Murdock.He will have to be Daredevil at all times.Maybe he should be an Avenger.That seems to be a good way to redeem people who have done sh#tty things and everyone knows they have. "
    Agreed "
    Agreed
    Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Loki9876

It was his discession to kill bullseye therefore the demon could grow inside him
    sorry for the spelling i'm Belgian.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By daredevil21134
    @Loki9876 said:
    "It was his discession to kill bullseye therefore the demon could grow inside him sorry for the spelling i'm Belgian. "

its cool bro
    Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

@Vance Astro said:

" He needs a OMD retcon.Everyone knows that Matt Murdock is Daredevil and what he did in Shadowland was on the news.He's f#cked.No more of that Spider-Man or Black Panther plays DD so DD and Matt can be seen in the same or two different places crap is going to work this time.He needs a retcon.Someone needs to erase the memories of everyone on earth.The only way he can come back to Hell's Kitchen and fight crime is if he gives up being Matt Murdock.He will have to be Daredevil at all times.Maybe he should be an Avenger.That seems to be a good way to redeem people who have done sh#tty things and everyone knows they have. "

NO!  JUST NO!!

The only people that even care are other hero's and they have probably already forgotten all about it ('ceptin' Black Panther of course).  The average Joe Shmo on the street couldn't care less.  Sure, maybe one or two people, like that cop who's name I keep forgetting, but otherwise, by the time Matt makes it back to the kitchen it'll be business as usual.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By daredevil21134

i hope so

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By entropy_aegis

He goes to the nearest comicbook shop and picks up geoff johns green lantern books,after some reading he comes to the conclusion that he's not responsible at all just like hal jordan never was either.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By daredevil21134
    @entropy_aegis said:
    "He goes to the nearest comicbook shop and picks up geoff johns green lantern books,after some reading he comes to the conclusion that he's not responsible at all just like hal jordan never was either. "

lol funny
    Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Icon
    @Donovan Montgomery said:
    " @Vance Astro said:

" He needs a OMD retcon.Everyone knows that Matt Murdock is Daredevil and what he did in Shadowland was on the news.He's f#cked.No more of that Spider-Man or Black Panther plays DD so DD and Matt can be seen in the same or two different places crap is going to work this time.He needs a retcon.Someone needs to erase the memories of everyone on earth.The only way he can come back to Hell's Kitchen and fight crime is if he gives up being Matt Murdock.He will have to be Daredevil at all times.Maybe he should be an Avenger.That seems to be a good way to redeem people who have done sh#tty things and everyone knows they have. "

NO!  JUST NO!! The only people that even care are other hero's and they have probably already forgotten all about it ('ceptin' Black Panther of course).  The average Joe Shmo on the street couldn't care less.  Sure, maybe one or two people, like that cop who's name I keep forgetting, but otherwise, by the time Matt makes it back to the kitchen it'll be business as usual. "
    Agreed 

@entropy_aegis said:
    " He goes to the nearest comicbook shop and picks up geoff johns green lantern books,after some reading he comes to the conclusion that he's not responsible at all just like hal jordan never was either. "
    lol true.
    Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he should buy a lot of chocolate for the female superheroes. After all, the popularity vote was strongly affected by men who pandered to the opposite sex. Kissing babies, et cetera.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By daredevil21134
    @sesquipedalophobe said:
    "I think he should buy a lot of chocolate for the female superheroes. After all, the popularity vote was strongly affected by men who pandered to the opposite sex. Kissing babies, et cetera. "

He should buy chocolates for Spider Woman,I would like that lol
    Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

He truly doesn't need a retcon, besides what I mentioned abouve, this could be yet another reason to keep him in the hero game, to make up for his (possessed) actions.  I'm just not sure what Matt Murdock should do now......lawyering may be out of the question, maybe behind the scenes legal consultant?  And I don't mean like him and Karen did after "Born Again" (free legal clinic), this time he gets paid, just doesn't show his face in a court room.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By daredevil21134
    @Donovan Montgomery said:
    "He truly doesn't need a retcon, besides what I mentioned abouve, this could be yet another reason to keep him in the hero game, to make up for his (possessed) actions.  I'm just not sure what Matt Murdock should do now......lawyering may be out of the question, maybe behind the scenes legal consultant?  And I don't mean like him and Karen did after "Born Again" (free legal clinic), this time he gets paid, just doesn't show his face in a court room. "

interesring
    atom895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By atom895

daredevil should start his career in heroics from scratch. a fresh start is always good for people seeking redemption i guess. i really cant fathom him joining a team or denying his wrong doings as a way of redemption. it may have worked for others but this is daredevil were talking about.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.