Follow

Daredevil

Character » Daredevil appears in 4764 issues.

As a child, Matt Murdock was blinded by radioactive waste while trying to save an elderly stranger about to get hit by a truck carrying the dangerous material. In turn, his other senses were heightened to superhuman sharpness and he gained a form of "radar sense". By day, he is a successful trial lawyer; but by night, he guards Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil: the Man Without Fear.

for those who saw the dd movie and know the character

mv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mv

did you think they showed dd's character correctly in the film ? Is he the type to kill someone who has done wrong to someone else just curious don't know why but i felt iffy on the train scene

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Final Arrow

I think he has it in him to kill and fights that line more then most heroes do.

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Icon
    @MTS: It was completely out of character. DD has been one of the most staunchly against that, which makes the current comic book arc all the more interesting as he is being forced down a darker path and doing things he once thought he never could (but that's another story). As for the movie though, he would not just kill glibly like that. 
    MisterDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By MisterDK

He has killed a bit in the past but mainly by mistake. Two that come to mind are he knocked a woman out a window in one of the Frank Miller stories (Man Without Fear mini I think) back when he was first starting out and I seem to remember him trying to save someone that was falling from a roof (a villian I think) but they cut/burned the rope and fell to his(?) death. 

Thinking did he not try to kill Mary by kicking her out a window? Seem to remember that being mentioned in a Deadpool story.

bingbangboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By bingbangboom

I think they were trying to show how desprite the situation was for him which is why he "let him die" and didn't kill him personally. He can choose to save or not, it was mainly for dramatic effect. I liked the movie overall but one thing to consider is that we didn't see the start of the character, so he could have been doing this for a while. Unlike most super hero stories, we see their orgin and begining of the hero.

growup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By growup

I was 12 and I thought I knew the character back to front, but then he killed that guy which confused me because that wasn't something I thought DD would do, it kinda ruined the movie for me.

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

The train scene was my big problem with the movie as well, I doubt DD would ever let something like that happenif he had time to save the person, and he did, much less make a quip while it's happening

@bingbangboom
    said:
    "I think they were trying to show how desprite the situation was for him which is why he "let him die" and didn't kill him personally. He can choose to save or not, it was mainly for dramatic effect. I liked the movie overall but one thing to consider is that we didn't see the start of the character, so he could have been doing this for a while. Unlike most super hero stories, we see their orgin and begining of the hero. "

I don't think this is the case.  DD did not have the rep of someone who did this kind of thing regularily.
    karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By karrob

The movie was horrible. Ben Affleck didnt bring anything to the character. He didnt make it his own. The train scene was just one of the many issues that plagued  this movie.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.