Follow

Daredevil

Character » Daredevil appears in 4766 issues.

As a child, Matt Murdock was blinded by radioactive waste while trying to save an elderly stranger about to get hit by a truck carrying the dangerous material. In turn, his other senses were heightened to superhuman sharpness and he gained a form of "radar sense". By day, he is a successful trial lawyer; but by night, he guards Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil: the Man Without Fear.

Favorite issue of DD ever?

derf_jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By derf_jenkins

Hello Daredevil fans...what would you say is your favorite issue ever in a DD series? I'm going with #181 during the Miller run. Any other thoughts?

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

#168, #181 and #233

Avatar image for manbehindthewires
    Manbehindthewires

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Manbehindthewires
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By Timandm

I'm going to cheat a bit and say my favorite issue of DD was actually New Avengers 'Fear Itself' vol. 2 issue 16.
    In the issue Daredevil takes on, solo of course, a large number of robotic-exoskeleton wearing nazis.  He not only stops an attack on Avengers Mansion, but he saves the lives of Dani Cage and Squirrel girl.   It's, quite simply, a very kewl issue that was mostly about Dare Devil.

Luke Cage makes the following comment..something like, "People gonna ask: is Daredevil Avengers material?  In my opinion, the question is:  are the Avengers Daredevil material?"

The issue has excellent art, fight scenes, and great dialogue...

derf_jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By derf_jenkins

@FadeToBlackBolt:

Yeah, …168 makes sense...I don't think I have read 233.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

@derf_jenkins: Last issue of Born Again.

derf_jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By derf_jenkins

@FadeToBlackBolt:

Ahhh...yes, of course!

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By daredevil21134

@Timandm said:

I'm going to cheat a bit and say my favorite issue of DD was actually New Avengers 'Fear Itself' vol. 2 issue 16. In the issue Daredevil takes on, solo of course, a large number of robotic-exoskeleton wearing nazis. He not only stops an attack on Avengers Mansion, but he saves the lives of Dani Cage and Squirrel girl. It's, quite simply, a very kewl issue that was mostly about Dare Devil. Luke Cage makes the following comment..something like, "People gonna ask: is Daredevil Avengers material? In my opinion, the question is: are the Avengers Daredevil material?" The issue has excellent art, fight scenes, and great dialogue...

That was a very good issue

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By daredevil21134

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

#168, #181 and #233

Good choices

EdwardWoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By EdwardWoods

God, theres too many to name. I used to have a ton of those old ones and the DD & Black Widow books (Those and a MASS of Power-Man and IronFist comics made up the bulk of my collection for a good long time)

Off the top of my head, Daredevil #200

No Caption Provided

The fight, the lead up, Matt reminiscing about his dad, the wrestling arena, (the fact he reversed Bullseye's dagger throw whilst wearinga freaking cast and send it roight back at'im!) I remembered reading it more often than most of the Daredevil books. Also, that cover art. Goddamn. Although, I gotta say I that it sits alongside Daredevil #168, Daredevil #181, Daredevil #190Daredevil #191 as being my favourites (though sadly I dont have any of my DD books after loaning them to a friend years ago who subsequently 'lost' them >_>' )

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By tupiaz

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@derf_jenkins: Last issue of Born Again.

Really? I alwasy found the last issues of Born Again weird and misplaced. After the reuniting with Karen Page the hole story with Captain America and the soldier just seemed odd.

I will mention to issues that aren't that normal (like for instance Daredevil #168 or Daredevil #191). The first one is Daredevil #219. It is a story about Matt (or is it somebody else, personally i believe so others have said it isn't) goes to New Jersey and fight a corrupt police officer. The hole point of the story is more that DD is within Matt and he doesn't need his costume to fight. DD is only on the front cover and not even in the issue. If you want to know more about my thoughts and how the issue is connected to the daredevil mythos you can read my blog http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/tupiaz/daredevil-issue-219-and-the-daredevil-mythos/87-85991/ The other one is Daredevil #265 a tie in to the X-Men inferno story. New York is hell but all of the New Yorkers goes around like everything is ok. DD fight some of the monsters and I believe he is mute for the entire issue. The whole vibe in this issue is just great. Two rather odd DD stories, but that is also why they a some of my favorites. Odd, good and still have a DD feel to it.

Avatar image for g_money_christmas
    G_Money_Christmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I haven't read close to as many issues as you guys so I can't so much comment here but I really liked Issues 16-19 in Volume 2 of Bendis' run with David Mack on art. The main part that I like about it is the artwork. Penciling a book is one thing, but what Mack does is art. And I also know that it may be sacrilegious because I know a lot of you older fans don't like Waid's run, but I really like it and I think the annual and also the short arc with Mole Man were good. I'm still building up my collection of DD books and I plan to continue. After I get Volume 3 of Bendis' run, I'm going to get Volume 2 of Miller's run and start getting Marvel Essentials Daredevil, I only wish they were in color.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.