Essential Reading

#1 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to read some Daredevil. Can anyone tell me what I should read? Any stories I just can't miss or that exemplify all the best qualities of Daredevil? I'd prefer books that don't require me to know too much of his history, but if the comics are just so good that it's worth catching up, lemme know.

#2 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

Death of Elektra of course, and The Born Again arc. Definitely the Born Again arc. That is just amazing.
Post Edited:2008-01-30 01:41:07

#3 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

You should definitely read Bendis' run on Daredevil.

Daredevil vol. 2 #16-19, 26-50, 56-81

#4 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks, both of you.

#5 Posted by Noir_Dark (861 posts) - - Show Bio

zero edge says:

"You should definitely read Bendis' run on Daredevil.Daredevil vol. 2 #16-19, 26-50, 56-81"

In my opinion this is the best DD and the best Bendis, Actually these are some of my all time fav comics. Also, The Man Without Fear mini by Miller and JR JR that was published in the 90s. Also again, I forget who the writer was ... I think it was Angel something or other... but it was the DD Inferno story that ran during the 80s.

#6 Posted by Mr. The Man (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Noir_Dark says:

"zero edge says:
"You should definitely read Bendis' run on Daredevil.Daredevil vol. 2 #16-19, 26-50, 56-81"

In my opinion this is the best DD and the best Bendis, Actually these are some of my all time fav comics. Also, The Man Without Fear mini by Miller and JR JR that was published in the 90s. Also again, I forget who the writer was ... I think it was Angel something or other... but it was the DD Inferno story that ran during the 80s. "

Are you thinking of Ann Nocenti?

#7 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

I read 16-19 and The Man Without Fear. Liked em both. I thought the Ben Urich story was long and drawn out (getting through that art was a trip) but at the end I thought it was worth it. Man Without Fear was great, blasted through that easily and enjoyed it. Looking for the other stuff.

#8 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Zero, 26-50 were fantastic. Good lookin out. I plan on reading everything mentioned in this thread.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.