Do you have any idea how Daredevil made his costume?

#1 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3650 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously, the dude's FA-JUCKING BLIND! And if he walked into a tailor and said "Uh, hi, I need a skintight devil costume with two interlocking D's on the chest. Eyehole size isn't important. Color? Oh, gosh let's see... yellow and red! No... just red, no wait a second..."
that would destroy the entire purpose of a secret identity, wouldn't it? And back on the topic of him being blind, I made all my own comic-con costumes on my own with my eyes and those were nowhere near as good as this!

You can probably guess how many hours went into making those eyeholes.

So, I ask you, how did the Man Without Fear become the Seemstress Without Limits?
#2 Posted by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio
@CaptainCockblock: Maybe Stick made it for him.......
#3 Posted by Vance Astro (91404 posts) - - Show Bio

How any character made their costume is a mystery.Most costumes are completely outlandish.Look at the Spider-Man movie.He wears that bullsh#t costume to wrestle because he couldn't make a good one and then all of a sudden he pops up in this elaborate costume with webs and spider-symbols and the whole 9.Just go with it.

#4 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3650 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro:  true, but there are many men who can sew and aren't gay, although spiderman, it wouldn't help his case. but in daredevil's case, there is no thread of possibility. thread. ha. sewing humor.
#5 Posted by JediXMan (31289 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman and Iron Man are probably the only ones where making their own costumes is actually possible.

#6 Edited by scourgexlvii (124 posts) - - Show Bio

I think there was a Tailor to super-humans in the marvel universe (I remember something about Spiderman's final costume... It was like a hoodie or something... anyway, he made it.) 

EDIT: Leo Zelinsky, that was his name. It was after Civil war, I think, so I never actually read anything he was in (I boycotted ASM for the most part after Civil War, and Spider-Man taking Iron Man's side, then I boycotted it harder Since OMD, and will continue to boycott it untill after OMD is retconned.)

#7 Posted by iSHADOW (2269 posts) - - Show Bio

with the lights off. ZING!

#8 Posted by Vance Astro (91404 posts) - - Show Bio
@CaptainCockblock said:
" @Vance Astro:  true, but there are many men who can sew and aren't gay, although spiderman, it wouldn't help his case. but in daredevil's case, there is no thread of possibility. thread. ha. sewing humor. "
That's true but we almost never see any character sewing their costume.It's like the day they decide to become a hero they go in their closet and someone has already made them a costume.
#9 Posted by Vance Astro (91404 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
" Batman and Iron Man are probably the only ones where making their own costumes is actually possible. "
I wouldn't be surprised if Alfred made Batman's costume.
#10 Posted by JediXMan (31289 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @JediXMan said:
" Batman and Iron Man are probably the only ones where making their own costumes is actually possible. "
I wouldn't be surprised if Alfred made Batman's costume. "
(I was referring mostly to the tech)

Actually, you would be right. It's been said that he's the ones that sews the bullet holes.
#11 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3650 posts) - - Show Bio

The costume is indeed the most perplexing plot hole in all of comics.

#12 Posted by LT1085 (3635 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't there some place where most of the heroes and some of the villains go to have their costumes specially made for them? I can't remember the name right now, but its's like a special tailor that is neutral ground...Kind of like the doctor that patches spidey up sometimes (or used to) I know this is from something but I'm not sure if it was marvel...anyone else remember this?

#13 Posted by The Mango (1474 posts) - - Show Bio

#14 Posted by danhimself (22713 posts) - - Show Bio

with Daredevil's enhanced senses he would have no problem at all sewing his own costume.....don't think of DD as blind because really he's not...his radar sense more than makes up for his lack of sight

#15 Posted by daredevil21134 (12641 posts) - - Show Bio

He made it himself he also stated each fabric has a different feel to it
#16 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio
@CaptainCockblock: Actually there is, he can "see" with his extra senses and also it was stated that his sense of touch is so fine that he can feel the raised letters on a newspaper. So if he can do that by touch I am sure he can sew his own costume.
#17 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3650 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime`:  a possibility but an outside chance. if you've ever tried sewing, it's really freakin' hard. and I don't picture his radar sense like they did it in the movie, it pretty much took away the entire point of him being blind. I think it's actually more like radar. he can tell where something is, how fast it's moving, where it's going, but he can't actually envision it. besides, no matter how acute his sense of touch is, there are some things in making a costume that you just can't do without your eyes.
#18 Posted by daredevil21134 (12641 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats where comics come into play
#19 Posted by zero man (235 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
and spider man
#20 Posted by daredevil21134 (12641 posts) - - Show Bio

lol
#21 Posted by zero man (235 posts) - - Show Bio

haha

#22 Posted by daredevil21134 (12641 posts) - - Show Bio

lol
#23 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio
@CaptainCockblock said:
" @Vance Astro:  true, but there are many men who can sew and aren't gay, although spiderman, it wouldn't help his case. but in daredevil's case, there is no thread of possibility. thread. ha. sewing humor. "
It's funny cuz its offensive and not funny :P
#24 Posted by daredevil21134 (12641 posts) - - Show Bio

whatever Daredevil for life
#25 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3650 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123:  Can't be funny all the time, :(
#26 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio
@CaptainCockblock: D:
#27 Posted by zero man (235 posts) - - Show Bio

true you can t

#28 Posted by daredevil21134 (12641 posts) - - Show Bio

lol
#29 Posted by zero man (235 posts) - - Show Bio

haha

#30 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
@CaptainCockblock: didn't he original wore his father's fighting costume or something like that?
#31 Posted by zero man (235 posts) - - Show Bio

i yellow one am i right

#32 Posted by spidey 15 (17693 posts) - - Show Bio

comics
=]

#33 Posted by zero man (235 posts) - - Show Bio

um

#34 Posted by daak1212 (7866 posts) - - Show Bio
@CaptainCockblock said:
" @Nova`Prime`:  a possibility but an outside chance. if you've ever tried sewing, it's really freakin' hard. and I don't picture his radar sense like they did it in the movie, it pretty much took away the entire point of him being blind. I think it's actually more like radar. he can tell where something is, how fast it's moving, where it's going, but he can't actually envision it. besides, no matter how acute his sense of touch is, there are some things in making a costume that you just can't do without your eyes. "

The movie did kind of make sense.  The rain droplets made a small splash and he could see the area of the splash.  There was a thunderstorm so Elektra was lit up like the fourth of July to him
#35 Posted by zero man (235 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#36 Posted by guardiandevil801 (266 posts) - - Show Bio

its just tights like in Born again were it wasjust simple fabric,but in Guardian devil it had micro steel fibers,but now its a pair of tights

#37 Posted by daredevil21134 (12641 posts) - - Show Bio
@guardiandevil801 said:
"its just tights like in Born again were it wasjust simple fabric,but in Guardian devil it had micro steel fibers,but now its a pair of tights "

yup
#38 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15040 posts) - - Show Bio

Well not everyone's mom can make their costume 
#39 Posted by Vance Astro (91404 posts) - - Show Bio
@spidey 15 said:
" comics =] "
#40 Posted by daredevil21134 (12641 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.