Follow

Daredevil

Character » Daredevil appears in 4764 issues.

As a child, Matt Murdock was blinded by radioactive waste while trying to save an elderly stranger about to get hit by a truck carrying the dangerous material. In turn, his other senses were heightened to superhuman sharpness and he gained a form of "radar sense". By day, he is a successful trial lawyer; but by night, he guards Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil: the Man Without Fear.

Daredevil Web-Series needs talented costume creator!

Avatar image for parker_brothers
    Parker_Brothers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Parker_Brothers

Hey the Daredevil Web-Series needs a really well crafted hollywood quality costume for Daredevil to wear. Concept art below. Let us know if your interested or know someone who would be!

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

I don't really like that for Daredevil.

Parker_Brothers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What would you like to see?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#4  Edited By Teerack

I've wanted DD to get a costume up date in comics for so long. He's had the same suit since the 70s. I would personally love something that took his original outfit and made it look more modern.

No Caption Provided

The yellow in my opinion makes him look more heroic.

Or maybe something with a hood. I've seen lots of cool fan art where they've given him a hood.

Parker_Brothers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Parker_Brothers

We agree that Daredevil has had the same bland costume since the 70's and we are willing to change it up. But we are looking for a purpose of changing it, we don't like changing things without a good reason. As we took on this project we decided that if a blind man wants to dress up to scare the shit out of criminals to deter them as much as possible, thats fine, but if he's going to take on the persona of "Daredevil" there should be a link between the name and costume. We want to incorporate a slight bit of black into the crimson costume. We want Daredevil to look like a walking Devil. We want to make him dark, scary, realistic, and almost in-human.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

We agree that Daredevil has had the same bland costume since the 70's and we are willing to change it up. But we are looking for a purpose of changing it, we don't like changing things without a good reason. As we took on this project we decided that if a blind man wants to dress up to scare the shit out of criminals to deter them as much as possible, thats fine, but if he's going to take on the persona of "Daredevil" there should be a link between the name and costume. We want to incorporate a slight bit of black into the crimson costume. We want Daredevil to look like a walking Devil. We want to make him dark, scary, realistic, and almost in-human.

I like that idea

homeslice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil is usually given red eyes/lens in his costume. I personally thought black would make give him a more possessed or demonic vibe and would also look better in contrast with the red.

Also, lots of heroes are identified by their gauntlets / forearms eg batman spikes, superman gloveless, wonderwoman bracelets, green-arrow bands ( sometimes fingerless ), wolverine claw thingies etc etc

i know i posted mainly dc heroes but i think it adds to the costume's character when there are defining gauntlets.

random suggestions... idk prob ninja or oni inspiration. maybe indentations like nightcrawler's scars form x2 idk.

sorry i'm not much of a designer or posted ne pics

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8 dernman  Online

Their last attempts to change his look.

Parker_Brothers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think for the arms we are going to have wrapped fabric going down the length of his arm leading into his gloves. It gives it an inspired boxer-hand-wrap feel. We do also want to get back to the boxing roots he grew up with. But I do love the idea of black lenses instead of red.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.