Daredevil video game idea of mine

#1 Edited by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

This is just an idea for a Daredevil game that will probly never be made. The story could start out with Daredevil fighting his way through Kingpin's pent house as a toutorial and lead to a boss fight with Fisk himself. After the toutorial mission, Kingpin is sent up the river for a charge even all his lawyers can't get him out of and is locked up for the rest of the game. Now there is power vacuum in the underworld and everyone wants to be the new Kingpin(I know this is an arc from the comics but I can't remember the name). Now every mob boss and a few super villain's with ties to the mob are gunning for Fisk's empire.  

The bosses could include Silver Mane, Owl, Bulleye(naturaly), Wizard, Punisher(you fight him after he tries to kill Wizard), and The Hand. Gameplay wise I'm thinking a cross between inFamous/Prince of Persia, with climbing all over stuff and running on the sides of walls, and Batman AA with the grappling instead of swinging so it isn't a Spider Man game clone. Also have an open sandbox style New York to play in but have it larger than it is in the Spidey games. Also have the X Ray thing from Batman AA but have look like it did in the Daredevil movie only a little clearer.  

Interrogations like the one's from Punisher's 2004 game but naturally toned down and without the killing. As for DD's design, have it look like the movie version which looked great as far as I'm concerned and have his normal,yellow and Shadowland costumes as unlockables.So anyway what do you guys think? Would that be a great Daredevil game?

#2 Posted by daredevil21134 (9070 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like the movie costume but everything else is cool
#3 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio
@daredevil21134 said:
"I don't like the movie costume but everything else is cool "

Well maybe not the movie costume but something that looks like the movie costume and besides I think it would look great in a game.
#4 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio

His costume should look like this: 

and an alternate should be something like this: 

#5 Posted by hydro 300 (148 posts) - - Show Bio

Great idea,I would give it to the makers of prototype.

#6 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio
@hydro 300 said:
" Great idea,I would give it to the makers of prototype. "
Yeah, that game was awesome.
#7 Edited by gambit987 (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

I would make the fighting a bit like assassin's creed were you got realistic fighting style but mixed with Batman Arkham Asylum were you are more in attack mode. 
And is nobody tinking on a Bullseye mode were you can throw daggers and throwing cards.
@ReverseNegative:
In my humble opinion Infamous was better.

#8 Edited by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio

I think we should keep his normal costume for the game and use the movie and other costumes as unlockables. 
This game would be a cool one IMO. Also some guest stars like spidey or Elektra will make the game even more awesome. 
=] 

As for fighting and combos, a good combination of nerve strikes and his billy clubs will make the combos pretty cool and spectacular. 
=]

#9 Posted by bingbangboom (746 posts) - - Show Bio

Problem is that you lack a hook... what makes this game really different? It is basically Spider-man or other games with a Daredevil costume. What you have to do is look at what makes Daredevil well Daredevil. 

• His Powers: I liked how the movie showcased his abilities and that could be something in the game. It can be used for puzzle solving or his reflex abilities, using it and translating those powers through a videogame can be interesting. 
  • His Job: He is a lawyer and a nice break would be him actually doing some lawyering. Think sort of Phoenix Wright but you have to gather evidence and use a dialog tree to win cases.
#10 Posted by daredevil21134 (9070 posts) - - Show Bio

interesting
#11 Posted by ComicStooge (9605 posts) - - Show Bio

That'd be very awesome.
#12 Posted by daredevil21134 (9070 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes sir
#13 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds pretty cool. I rate it an 8 out of 10, and not just because I'm a Daredevil fan. This would probably be a stealth game, like Splinter Cell, which happens to be my favorite video game I like the plot too, reminds me of Arkham Asylum.
#14 Posted by daredevil21134 (9070 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah
#15 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27297 posts) - - Show Bio

He could use his lie detector mode during interrogations and the story could depend on wither you believed in what the guy told you or not   

#16 Posted by daredevil21134 (9070 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

He could use his lie detector mode during interrogations and the story could depend on wither you believed in what the guy told you or not

That sounds cool

#17 Posted by skaarason (683 posts) - - Show Bio

hopefully we can get something like this when/if we get the new movie !!

#18 Posted by cosmo111687 (1488 posts) - - Show Bio

Or you could play Arkham City with your eyes closed. ;)

#19 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio

Or some one could just completely copy arkham city and just put DD's villains and DD in it.

#20 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

How about Arkham City meets LA Noir?

I mean, DD is a lawyer after all.

#21 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio

How about Spider-Man: Edge of Darkness meets Phoenix Wright?

#22 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: I haven't played Edge of Darkness. Does it play like Shattered Dimensions?

#23 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:

@Vance Astro: I haven't played Edge of Darkness. Does it play like Shattered Dimensions?

I mean to say "Edge of Time" and of course it plays like Shattered Dimensions...it's a Spider-Man game.LOL.
#24 Posted by joshmightbe (24098 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get the interest in the phoenix wright games, yea that's what I buy games for to talk to people (sarcasm)

#25 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7118 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

Or some one could just completely copy arkham city and just put DD's villains and DD in it.

This.

#26 Posted by SuperShafe (470 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be hard to try to do a DD game cause you couldn't have good graphics. at least you couldn't with a traditional color scheme. trying to do a game in all shilouettes wouldn't look good and you wouldn't have mainstream gamers buying in no matter how fun it was to play. you can't build a game only marketable to fans of the comic book character so i doubt we ever see a DD game

#27 Posted by joshmightbe (24098 posts) - - Show Bio

@SuperShafe: You wouldn't have to do it the way Daredevil sees, you could make it look the way we'd see it just have a mode similar to Arkham Asylum's detective mode to show off DD's radar sense

#28 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@Gambit1024 said:

I mean to say "Edge of Time" and of course it plays like Shattered Dimensions...it's a Spider-Man game.LOL.

Lol. I actually prefered Spider-Man 2's gameplay, tbh.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.