Daredevil: The Man Without Fear

#1 Edited by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I went to my local bookstore after school to read some comics and stumbled upon Frank Miller's Daredevil: The Man Without Fear tpb. I'll admit, I was a bit skeptical to read it because I read All Star Batman and Robin (also written by Miller) and I really hated that. So I figure I'll give it a shot and I'm so glad I did. Daredevil: The Man Without Fear was absolutely AMAZING. If you haven't read it, go out now and read it. It is now my favorite DD story ever (it used to be Guardian Devil). 
 
So, for those of you who have read it, can you recommend me something like this story? It doesn't necessarily need to be about Daredevil or written by Frank Miller, but I'd like to read more stories similar to this one. Can you help a guy out? :)

#2 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5429 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

All Daredevil's minis are good.Redemption,Father,and Ninja are awesome.Only think is there is like know fighting in redemption so if you read comics for action, you might not like it...but yea, pretty much anything Daredevil is worth a read and I'm not just saying that because i'm a fan.I'm a fan because i'm able to say that.Daredevil : Love & War is probably one of his weakest minis.It's not bad but the art style is weird.If you ever read Elektra: Assassin you know what I mean.

Moderator
#4 Edited by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@Donovan Montgomery said:

" Have you checked out Daredevil:Yellow yet? "

I have not. Is it really that good?
 
@Vance Astro: Yeah, I read all of the Bendis/Maleev run and I'm pretty much hooked on the character. I've heard nothing but good things about Daredevil: Born Again, so I gotta check that out too. 
#5 Posted by daredevil21134 (11471 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
"All Daredevil's minis are good.Redemption,Father,and Ninja are awesome.Only think is there is like know fighting in redemption so if you read comics for action, you might not like it...but yea, pretty much anything Daredevil is worth a read and I'm not just saying that because i'm a fan.I'm a fan because i'm able to say that.Daredevil : Love & War is probably one of his weakest minis.It's not bad but the art style is weird.If you ever read Elektra: Assassin you know what I mean. "

I hated Love & War
#6 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5429 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024: Like Vance said, pretty much all DD is good stuff.  Unfortunately I have yet to read Love & War and Redemption. 
Check at your library that's where I found Father to read, now I'm just waiting for the cash to buy it.
#7 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@daredevil21134 said:
" @Vance Astro said:
"All Daredevil's minis are good.Redemption,Father,and Ninja are awesome.Only think is there is like know fighting in redemption so if you read comics for action, you might not like it...but yea, pretty much anything Daredevil is worth a read and I'm not just saying that because i'm a fan.I'm a fan because i'm able to say that.Daredevil : Love & War is probably one of his weakest minis.It's not bad but the art style is weird.If you ever read Elektra: Assassin you know what I mean. "
I hated Love & War "
Why? Because of the story or because of the art? I found it a little hard to read visually but I liked the story.
Moderator
#8 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Also Daredevil\Black Widow Abbatoir isn't good.I've read it twice..it's nonsense.

Moderator
#9 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Compared to Bendis's run, how is Brubaker's run?

#10 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:
" Compared to Bendis's run, how is Brubaker's run? "
They are about equal in my opinion.Alot of people would prefer Bendis though.Both had huge moments for the character.
Moderator
#11 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Gambit1024 said:
" Compared to Bendis's run, how is Brubaker's run? "
They are about equal in my opinion.Alot of people would prefer Bendis though.Both had huge moments for the character. "
I see. Cause I know in Brubaker's run there's an epic arc involving Mr. Fear, but he's also the guy responsible for Lady Bullseye (dumb character IMO)
#12 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5429 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not one of Bendis's fans, I actually dropped the book till the Lady Bullseye arc cause of him, (and the Echo solo arc).  Unfortunately I know I've missed a lot of good story lines because of it and now have to search for way to many back issues :(

#13 Posted by daredevil21134 (11471 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Gambit1024 said:
" Compared to Bendis's run, how is Brubaker's run? "
They are about equal in my opinion.Alot of people would prefer Bendis though.Both had huge moments for the character. "

I agree
#14 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Gambit1024 said:
" Compared to Bendis's run, how is Brubaker's run? "
They are about equal in my opinion.Alot of people would prefer Bendis though.Both had huge moments for the character. "
I see. Cause I know in Brubaker's run there's an epic arc involving Mr. Fear, but he's also the guy responsible for Lady Bullseye (dumb character IMO) "
Lady Bullseye IMO is a much better character than the actual Bullseye and she's actually match for Daredevil skillwise.
Moderator
#15 Posted by daredevil21134 (11471 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Gambit1024 said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Gambit1024 said:
" Compared to Bendis's run, how is Brubaker's run? "
They are about equal in my opinion.Alot of people would prefer Bendis though.Both had huge moments for the character. "
I see. Cause I know in Brubaker's run there's an epic arc involving Mr. Fear, but he's also the guy responsible for Lady Bullseye (dumb character IMO) "
Lady Bullseye IMO is a much better character than the actual Bullseye and she's actually match for Daredevil skillwise. "

She was trained by Master Izo
#16 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@daredevil21134 said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Gambit1024 said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Gambit1024 said:
" Compared to Bendis's run, how is Brubaker's run? "
They are about equal in my opinion.Alot of people would prefer Bendis though.Both had huge moments for the character. "
I see. Cause I know in Brubaker's run there's an epic arc involving Mr. Fear, but he's also the guy responsible for Lady Bullseye (dumb character IMO) "
Lady Bullseye IMO is a much better character than the actual Bullseye and she's actually match for Daredevil skillwise. "
She was trained by Master Izo "
And who knows whom he was trained by?
Moderator
#17 Posted by daredevil21134 (11471 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @daredevil21134 said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Gambit1024 said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Gambit1024 said:
" Compared to Bendis's run, how is Brubaker's run? "
They are about equal in my opinion.Alot of people would prefer Bendis though.Both had huge moments for the character. "
I see. Cause I know in Brubaker's run there's an epic arc involving Mr. Fear, but he's also the guy responsible for Lady Bullseye (dumb character IMO) "
Lady Bullseye IMO is a much better character than the actual Bullseye and she's actually match for Daredevil skillwise. "
She was trained by Master Izo "
And who knows whom he was trained by? "

He was Stick's Master so I assume its someone good
#18 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@daredevil21134 said:
He was Stick's Master so I assume its someone good "
Not Izo..Bullseye.
Moderator
#19 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Gambit1024 said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Gambit1024 said:
" Compared to Bendis's run, how is Brubaker's run? "
They are about equal in my opinion.Alot of people would prefer Bendis though.Both had huge moments for the character. "
I see. Cause I know in Brubaker's run there's an epic arc involving Mr. Fear, but he's also the guy responsible for Lady Bullseye (dumb character IMO) "
Lady Bullseye IMO is a much better character than the actual Bullseye and she's actually match for Daredevil skillwise. "

Really? Bullseye has quite a record on Matt. What has Lady Bullseye done?
#20 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:
Really? Bullseye has quite a record on Matt. What has Lady Bullseye done? "
She one-shotted him.
Moderator
#21 Posted by daredevil21134 (11471 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Gambit1024 said:
Really? Bullseye has quite a record on Matt. What has Lady Bullseye done? "
She one-shotted him. "

That was a load of crap dude we both seen Matt take more punishment then that lol
#22 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Gambit1024 said:
Really? Bullseye has quite a record on Matt. What has Lady Bullseye done? "
She one-shotted him. "
Hm....
#23 Posted by daredevil21134 (11471 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Gambit1024 said:
Really? Bullseye has quite a record on Matt. What has Lady Bullseye done? "
She one-shotted him. "
Hm.... "

I would ignore that
#24 Edited by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@daredevil21134 said:

" @Vance Astro said:

" @Gambit1024 said:
Really? Bullseye has quite a record on Matt. What has Lady Bullseye done? "
She one-shotted him. "
That was a load of crap dude we both seen Matt take more punishment then that lol "
I'm aware i'm just saying she's more of a match for Matt than Bullseye.Most of their fights were a load of crap too.Bulleye knocked Matt out with a paper plane once..and Matt couldn't dodge it even though he saw it coming panels ago.Also Matt has proven that Bulleye is no match for him in simple h2h and even with weapons he's not very likely to beat Matt but then somehow he has better showings against both DD and Elektra as a team.Crap writing FTL.
Moderator
#25 Posted by daredevil21134 (11471 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
"@daredevil21134 said:

" @Vance Astro said:

" @Gambit1024 said:
Really? Bullseye has quite a record on Matt. What has Lady Bullseye done? "
She one-shotted him. "
That was a load of crap dude we both seen Matt take more punishment then that lol "
I'm aware i'm just saying she's more of a match for Matt than Bullseye.Most of their fights were a load of crap too.Bulleye knocked Matt out with a paper plane once..and Matt couldn't dodge it even though he saw it coming panels ago.Also Matt has proven that Bulleye is no match for him in simple h2h and even with weapons he's not very likely to beat Matt but then somehow he has better showings against both DD and Elektra as a team.Crap writing FTL. "

LOL so true

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.