Daredevil Sidekick Idea

#1 Posted by Batmanikk (78 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest I was surprised Nelson was never a sidekick , I always expected him to be trained by Matt or setting i but it never happened, I first sujjested this in a post from a couple years back . Anyway I think he should have one , maybe Demon Child or something kind of chilling but cool. Infact a cool storyline would be if he kept following Daredevil. And gets caught up in one of Bullseye's explosions losing a limb. Matt feels guilty and makes or buys or whatever an artificial limb for the kid. Matt offers to take him home when the kid explains that all his family's dead, so matt takes him in . And even with the artificial limb Matt notices the kids trying to follow him still and he's capable of jumping off walls and such so he trains him and takes him along . AND THERE YOU GO ! What do ya think ?

#2 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32643 posts) - - Show Bio
@Batmanikk: DD shouldn't have a "child sidekick" but  Echo should have been his partner and permanent supporting character 
#3 Posted by Vance Astro (91105 posts) - - Show Bio

Foggy was never Matt's sidekick because in crime fighting he's useless. As the D.A he and a Lawyer he did his part in putting criminals away. So he WAS Matt sidekick in the courtroom. I think Matt always wanted to leave Foggy out of what he did as Daredevil because he was afraid he would get hurt. If you've read quite a bit of Daredevil, you may remember that Daredevil's most emotional moments are usually when he loses someone he loves and that seems to happen frequently throughout his time as Daredevil. I agree with spiderbat87, I don't think he should have child sidekick. Robin should have been the first and only one. The premise doesn't really work considering what it takes for an adult to be a superhero. It would probably take quite a toll on a child. I wouldn't mind finding out what happened to "Baby Karen" though. It would be cool if she grew up to be some type of masked vigilante.

#4 Posted by JediXMan (29514 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do superheroes need sidekicks?

#5 Posted by HaydrianPayne (50 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't like the idea of Matt having a sidekick much at all. I mean, I never was much of a big Daredevil fan. Though I like the character I wouldn't place him in my Top 10 or 20 list, so that wouldn't mean I'm an expert. I do have some knowledge on him and have read a quite a bit on him, so like Vance said its apparent that some of the worst moments for Matt in his life are when he loses someone. The girlfriend he had comes to mind, (Was it Karen Page? Can't remember off the dome), so I don't think that he would purposely endanger someone that he cared about by putting them in the line of fire and definitely not a kid. If a child died on him, I can't imagine what would happen. Maybe he'd go angry and go rouge, or maybe get possessed by some evil being and take it out on others. Ooh, lookie, there's a good idea that's never been used, I should write for Marvel.

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32643 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:

to pass mantels on. Imagine a world with no Nitewing, Winter Solider or Arsenal? 
#7 Posted by JediXMan (29514 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@JediXMan said:

to pass mantels on. Imagine a world with no Nitewing, Winter Solider or Arsenal?

The concept of a sidekick is outdated. Apprentices are okay if done right, but the idea of the term sidekick being used in this day and age makes me cringe.

#8 Posted by 4donkeyjohnson (1622 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldn't a sidekick of Daredevil's be like the blind leading the blind? :) I could not resist that bad pun

#9 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@JediXMan said:

to pass mantels on. Imagine a world with no Nitewing, Winter Solider or Arsenal?

The concept of a sidekick is outdated. Apprentices are okay if done right, but the idea of the term sidekick being used in this day and age makes me cringe.

Sidekick is just a name which represents a concept. The concept has changed whereas the name hasn't.

...If that makes any sense...

#10 Posted by krilling (2488 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:

@JediXMan said:

The concept of a sidekick is outdated.

This.
#11 Posted by Kairan1979 (16711 posts) - - Show Bio

I think X-23 as Daredevil's sidekick can be interesting. After all, Mat Murdock defended her when Captain America wanted to send Laura to jail (X-23 : Target X).

X-23 doesn't need combat training like other teenage heroes. What she needs is a man who looks after her to make sure that she doesn't kill again.

#12 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

Sidekicks are boring and unrealistic. Heroes go through so much to protect their identity and having a "sidekick" would be a BIG risk to that secret. How many times did Robin get kidnaped and almost give sways Batman's ID? Team ups between adult characters who have their own separate story and identity as a hero is much more interesting and more realistic .

#13 Posted by daredevil21134 (10786 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

Foggy was never Matt's sidekick because in crime fighting he's useless. As the D.A he and a Lawyer he did his part in putting criminals away. So he WAS Matt sidekick in the courtroom. I think Matt always wanted to leave Foggy out of what he did as Daredevil because he was afraid he would get hurt. If you've read quite a bit of Daredevil, you may remember that Daredevil's most emotional moments are usually when he loses someone he loves and that seems to happen frequently throughout his time as Daredevil. I agree with spiderbat87, I don't think he should have child sidekick. Robin should have been the first and only one. The premise doesn't really work considering what it takes for an adult to be a superhero. It would probably take quite a toll on a child. I wouldn't mind finding out what happened to "Baby Karen" though. It would be cool if she grew up to be some type of masked vigilante.

That would be awsome to see baby Karen again

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.